IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

15 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

No that was Ars Technica. Sam Machkovech wrote 3 good articles about it. 

Kotaku wrote this, leading @Tommy Tallarico to confide in one of his groupies something to the effect of: “My career is over, I’m getting cancelled because Kotaku told everyone I followed Ben Shapiro on Twitter.”

https://kotaku.com/the-new-gaming-console-thats-become-a-giant-car-crash-1847699027

The Ars articles were serious, the Kotaku articles were more snarky, but all of them were based in fact and truth. 

So are none of these (in the image below) actually real?

80ffac9fbb13aaaf240f9d13364d1cc8.jpg

I just don't understand how, if you're able to produce several prototypes with this level of quality (I've seen the unboxing video, and the system works), why they can't simply start producing these by sending the schematics and build plans to some crappy manufacturing facility in China. For that matter, they could just go to the company that Atari just bought which produces all of those retro-consoles. How hard can this be?

8 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Preach!

I will beat up any kid that looks at me sideways!!!

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, 82-T/A said:

I just don't understand how, if you're able to produce several prototypes with this level of quality (I've seen the unboxing video, and the system works), why they can't simply start producing these by sending the schematics and build plans to some crappy manufacturing facility in China. For that matter, they could just go to the company that Atari just bought which produces all of those retro-consoles. How hard can this be?

They have no money for manufacturing.

Getting a handful of plastic shells 3D printed to pretend you're moving along and actually doing stuff to fool people into giving you more money isn't very hard or expensive.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Getting a handful of plastic shells 3D printed to pretend you're moving along and actually doing stuff to fool people into giving you more money isn't very hard or expensive.

I guess that's the thing. It seemed like they had a working prototype. I don't feel like looking for the video, but it showed them using the controller. It was actually relatively impressive.

Like Mr. Beef Steak or whatever more or less said, you'd have to really have nostalgia for the system because it was neither revolutionary or particularly unique. But I would have been willing to buy one just to support the effort. So my thought was that at least they'd gotten to that point... several working prototypes. Do we know that those are just shells? I'm sure this has already been mentioned somewhere in the last 358 pages, so... water under the bridge at this point. It seems he's screwed up so much else that if he had any chance of saving it... well, he kind of screwed himself.

5 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

For that matter, they could just go to the company that Atari just bought which produces all of those retro-consoles.

What are you talking about?? Atari only bought developers afaik. For the Atari 2600+ they're partnering with Plaion, but they didn't buy them (and probably couldn't, that's a big German company).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

What are you talking about?? Atari only bought developers afaik. For the Atari 2600+ they're partnering with Plaion, but they didn't buy them (and probably couldn't, that's a big German company).

Hmm... I thought I read somewhere on here that they just bought a retro-hardware game company. There was even a couple of YouTube videos with some people freaking out about it, hahah. I guess that never happened?

I tried to search for whatever I thought I'd seen, but came across this: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/03/atari-enters-agreement-to-acquire-night-dive-studios

I love Night Dive Studios... I might be willing to completely forgiver Atari for screwing up my Atari 2600+ order. I'd love to think they might bring back System Shock...

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Hmm... I thought I read somewhere on here that they just bought a retro-hardware game company. There was even a couple of YouTube videos with some people freaking out about it, hahah. I guess that never happened?

Oh I think you were talking about Playmaji then, maker of the Polymega. I don't think Atari bought them though, just maybe invested in them or something. And they technically made ONE retro system, even though it has several modules for emulating different systems.

4 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

I love Night Dive Studios... I might be willing to completely forgiver Atari for screwing up my Atari 2600+ order. I'd love to think they might bring back System Shock...

Well, Nightdive did a System Shock remake.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Oh I think you were talking about Playmaji then, maker of the Polymega. I don't think Atari bought them though, just maybe invested in them or something. And they technically made ONE retro system, even though it has several modules for emulating different systems.

Yes! That's the one. Does that have anything to do with the Gamestation Pro? I just bought one the other day and it's been pretty awesome.

5 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Well, Nightdive did a System Shock remake.

Yeah, bought it! I have the original and System Shock 2, and then also bought System Shock enhanced edition, and the enhanced edition of System Shock 2, and then also bought the new release of System Shock as well. Such a great game. I'm really looking forward to a System Shock 3 though... maybe one day...

5 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

They never passed their certifications either Beep Boop. The purple shell was quite different than any of the renders.

4 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I guess that's the thing. It seemed like they had a working prototype. I don't feel like looking for the video, but it showed them using the controller. It was actually relatively impressive.

Like Mr. Beef Steak or whatever more or less said, you'd have to really have nostalgia for the system because it was neither revolutionary or particularly unique. But I would have been willing to buy one just to support the effort. So my thought was that at least they'd gotten to that point... several working prototypes. Do we know that those are just shells? I'm sure this has already been mentioned somewhere in the last 358 pages, so... water under the bridge at this point. It seems he's screwed up so much else that if he had any chance of saving it... well, he kind of screwed himself.

Working prototype is probably generous, and had been more like a proof of concept. At all of their public gatherings each console used only played certain games. For example Moon Patrol might work well on one and not the other. Iirc the only one that seemed to work consistently the best was the GTO red unit. RetroBro speculated when he "started to see the light" that it had something more powerful I side it.

All they needed was a SBC like a Banana Pi amd throw it in the case. As evidenced by Amico Home the apk can function on a bunch of things. 

It is hard saying what is under the hood of the units in the hands of Mullis, DJC, and Creep. They will most likely never crack it open to show off. Either way even those units are still showing lag and bugs as talked about by Mullis' kids before getting nudged to shut up.

Not only did it fail and never pass its FCC certifications it still doesn't appear ready. This Amico Home is just a way to offer $100 "worth of games" to not have to refund them.

This was the same basic play as the Chameleon. Show fancy renders of cases with different colors to a bunch of aging men who will want to buy all variants to decorate their shelves with. Wait until you see the pictures they did of families holding the controller! They look amazing! I think Amico is for you!

tumblr_d910bf888141ec6b0c4fce66c1d9d502_bf696a0e_1280.thumb.jpg.b7129294bbde249d395f8ceafd155c44.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

HOW DARE YOU suggest they use stock photos. They clearly use stick photos!

LEGAL INCOMING!

Screenshot_20231125_184756_Discord.thumb.jpg.3ea71dc092f4fa7367dba6f24d349e34.jpg

I love how someone was worried about misinformation, and not letting people know the project had effectively been dead since the end of 2019.

IF the OS had actually been done we could have had Amico Home for 4 years and entering their 5th.

So the marketing is going to start now right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Oh shit!!! Hahah....

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

They never passed their certifications either Beep Boop. The purple shell was quite different than any of the renders.

Working prototype is probably generous, and had been more like a proof of concept. At all of their public gatherings each console used only played certain games. For example Moon Patrol might work well on one and not the other. Iirc the only one that seemed to work consistently the best was the GTO red unit. RetroBro speculated when he "started to see the light" that it had something more powerful I side it.

NOW I remember... it was Moon Patrol that get me into the system in the first place. Moon Patrol was like my favorite arcade game growing up, and I about killed for it just to get it on the 2600. Damn... it seemed like they made a good rendition of Moon Patrol, but geeze. It all seemed like a good idea that was mired by bad personality...

2 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

And who, WHO I ask you doesn't love a nice glass of OJ with their pizza??  

Don't worry I'm sure they will find a way to deduct the price of OJ and Pizza from refunds.

Smash does embellish with the it's been a decade, but if he's using Tommy MathTM then it checks out.

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2023 at 9:48 AM, MrBeefy said:

Many act like the VCS was great for Atari despite it being a money loss. People act like VCS does something different when in fact it does less. It does less than the other available options on the market. There's a reason the Atari games are not exclusive to their platform. 

While you might not tiptoe around it, many and most do. It often comes across as old men with deep seeded hatred for Nintendo because it "killed" their childhood console/feelings. That or they are afraid to try something new or different.

Go a head and enjoy the console, but don't be surprised when someone pushes back on stupid comments about the VCS being the best thing ever. It would be like me trying to say it's a miracle the WiiU didn't rule the gaming landscape. Did I enjoy it? Yes. But that doesn't mean it was the greatest thing ever.

And this is and always was exactly the issue with the VCS, that there are and always were far better gaming options out there, even for the types of games featured on the VCS. At least the Amico had the controllers as a differentiator, but there was never any such differentiator on the VCS. There absolutely always was the "Atari logo/looks like a bit like an original VCS/sort of a compact PC for my TV" audience (and I guess faux tough guys who don't keep up with gaming news, don't like new systems or games, and is definitely not a dork (AtariAge username aside)), but that was, always has been, and will continue to be, vanishingly small. Both the GameStation Pro and Atari 2600+ will outsell the VCS by many multiples, which again shows that the current management of Atari has a far better grasp on what has broad appeal versus the previous management, highlighted by the overpriced and tone-deaf Speakerhat and VCS. (And I again give Atari all the credit for continuing to provide support for the VCS. Other companies would have stopped the bleeding by now, but they're doing the right thing by their most rabid supporters.)

Now, as for the Amico, we know it's all but impossible for it to ever physically release at this point, but what they've done (out of obvious necessity) with all the software-based stuff on other platforms is completely undermine even the small differentiator they had on their platform. On top of that, they've somehow made themselves look even more comically inept with the inability to control the games on the device actually displaying the games. The whole thing is a beautiful travesty, one worthy of a good book.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

HOW DARE YOU suggest they use stock photos. They clearly use stick photos!

LEGAL INCOMING!

Screenshot_20231125_184756_Discord.thumb.jpg.3ea71dc092f4fa7367dba6f24d349e34.jpg

I love how someone was worried about misinformation, and not letting people know the project had effectively been dead since the end of 2019.

IF the OS had actually been done we could have had Amico Home for 4 years and entering their 5th.

So the marketing is going to start now right?

Wow he was already 8 months after his original launch date and a few months behind the second missed date when he wrote that… and about 4 months before booting himself from here, a place he dominated for a while. 

The stock photography was just the cherry on top since the system was supposed to be like a rocket ship on the launch pad, already built, that just needed a little more fuel. Just how much of a lie was that?

3 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Oh shit!!! Hahah....

NOW I remember... it was Moon Patrol that get me into the system in the first place. Moon Patrol was like my favorite arcade game growing up, and I about killed for it just to get it on the 2600. Damn... it seemed like they made a good rendition of Moon Patrol, but geeze. It all seemed like a good idea that was mired by bad personality...

I’m not even sure it was much of an idea. Smarter companies than Tommyvision with better ideas about new platforms failed without the hilarious pratfalls. 

25 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

And this is and always was exactly the issue with the VCS, that there are and always were far better gaming options out there, even for the types of games featured on the VCS. At least the Amico had the controllers as a differentiator, but there was never any such differentiator on the VCS. There absolutely always was the "Atari logo/looks like a bit like an original VCS/sort of a compact PC for my TV" audience (and I guess faux tough guys who don't keep up with gaming news, don't like new systems or games, and is definitely not a dork (AtariAge username aside)), but that was, always has been, and will continue to be, vanishingly small. Both the GameStation Pro and Atari 2600+ will outsell the VCS by many multiples, which again shows that the current management of Atari has a far better grasp on what has broad appeal versus the previous management, highlighted by the overpriced and tone-deaf Speakerhat and VCS. (And I again give Atari all the credit for continuing to provide support for the VCS. Other companies would have stopped the bleeding by now, but they're doing the right thing by their most rabid supporters.)

Now, as for the Amico, we know it's all but impossible for it to ever physically release at this point, but what they've done (out of obvious necessity) with all the software-based stuff on other platforms is completely undermine even the small differentiator they had on their platform. On top of that, they've somehow made themselves look even more comically inept with the inability to control the games on the device actually displaying the games. The whole thing is a beautiful travesty, one worthy of a good book.

You’re a writer, Bill! I’ll bet there are many contributors out there who would happily contribute to such a book. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I'm really looking forward to a System Shock 3 though... maybe one day...

There's actually a System Shock 3 in development, but not from Nightdive and it's not going well...

9 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Does that have anything to do with the Gamestation Pro?

Not at all.

Edited by roots.genoa

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Wow he was already 8 months after his original launch date and a few months behind the second missed date when he wrote that… and about 4 months before booting himself from here, a place he dominated for a while. 

The stock photography was just the cherry on top since the system was supposed to be like a rocket ship on the launch pad, already built, that just needed a little more fuel. Just how much of a lie was that?

I’m not even sure it was much of an idea. Smarter companies than Tommyvision with better ideas about new platforms failed without the hilarious pratfalls. 

You’re a writer, Bill! I’ll bet there are many contributors out there who would happily contribute to such a book. 

Considering they are going to sell and one level demo for $5 (Side Swipers), I don't think much was really done done. Remember how there were so many gullible marks were like, "It's not a scam because Hot Wheels wouldn't give the license to a scam!" 🤣

They were too dumb to know that Hot Wheels will license it out if you pay the money. Looks like they don't have it anymore either. Meaning they were really dumb and got the license before having the game done, or lied about having it to begin with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Meaning they were really dumb and got the license before having the game done, or lied about having it to begin with.

Or, like everything else, it was something they did simply to look more appealing to make investors give them money, as that (and not actually making anything) was their only goal was the whole time 👀

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

There's actually a System Shock 3 in development, but not from Nightdive and it's not going well...

Ugh... I'd heard that. It seems like Duke Nukem 3D, which was apparently in development for a decade.

I really hope System Shock 3 doesn't end up that way. They could do so much with that franchise...

22 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

@82-T/A those are renders. 

I’ve never seen one in person but the prototype plastics looked pretty rough. 
Not that it matters, since they never finished the innards anyway. Not to the point where they could actually produce more than a handful of them. 

It was a couple of years ago, but what wasn't finished regarding the hardware.  We last heard that there was a hardware revision in early 2021 that got them FCC radiated emissions compliance that summer.  The remaining FCC intentional radiator compliance (wifi and bluetooth power levels) can be addressed with firmware/software.

13 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Amico games are designed for controllers, modifying them for mobile interfaces would be more work and loses the multiplayer intent of their platform.  Other than the two games ported to other systems, Amico Home is still their platform and still doesn't address a market segment that would benefit from a complete out of the box solution. 

------

Regarding Side Swipers, it was one of the first games demonstrated using both Amico controllers and phone controllers in early 2020.  The Hot wheels license came after.  Side Swipers was also played on Amico prototypes at public events in 2021.  It was one of the simpler games designed for local competitive or versus multiplayer.

Regarding Amico Moon Patrol, they released a playable demo on mobile, and it ran on old 32-bit arm processors.

Edited by mr_me
  • Confused 3

What wasn’t finished about the hardware? I don’t know, and neither do you, because test units were never furnished to trustworthy media outlets for analysis. 

You are employing Flying Spaghetti Monster logic every time you repeat unproven statements from the Amico management team, who are demonstrated liars. 

Is the Intellivision Entertainment company paying you to carry a torch for them, after all these years, in the face of all available evidence? 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Or, like everything else, it was something they did simply to look more appealing to make investors give them money, as that (and not actually making anything) was their only goal was the whole time 👀

They tried selling it multiple times. No one wanted it. I can't imagine why. 🤔

Remember how J Allard really shut up the haters. He totally wouldn't stick around if it was a scam!

35 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

What wasn’t finished about the hardware? I don’t know, and neither do you, because test units were never furnished to trustworthy media outlets for analysis. 

You are employing Flying Spaghetti Monster logic every time you repeat unproven statements from the Amico management team, who are demonstrated liars. 

Is the Intellivision Entertainment company paying you to carry a torch for them, after all these years, in the face of all available evidence? 

Boards were designed, but everything to make it run was not. Their 100% finished hardware was only good as a drink coaster. Fundable showed that firmware, OS, backend, and games were unfinished.

Unlike beep boopers who listen to liars, there was plenty of evidence that they lied and it was unfinished. It just happened their daddy, Tommy, told them to not listen to people like me, who could critically think and make simple basic observations.

Much like StartEngine they couldn't flagrantly lie on Fundable like Tommy would here and on YT.

Screenshot_20230205_182848_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a331b283034fa944055f596f2d28c97.jpg

Tommy said they were on the launchpad! He wouldn't lie to them! Don't listen to Beefy when he points out that Fundable says the hardware IN ITS ENTIRETY is unfinished.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.thumb.gif.60696967dc4c3542b4187af289abfac5.gif

Edit:

Even when presented with evidence that none of it was ready to go in 2021, they still held onto Tommy's lies.

Screenshot_20231115_212455_Chrome.thumb.jpg.776561d73609acbe7610585247890c5d.jpg

https://web.archive.org/web/20211015193739/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/324059-fundable-amico/

:D

ezgif.com-add-text.gif.5f9f75cedd7df361d81993e47a046505.gif

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

No, that was several of their engineers that talked about fcc radiated emissions compliance.