IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Well this doesn't give me confidence they got Cornhole right.

Also don't mobile gamers on average spend $80 a year on games? Why are the numbers like this then? $15 is way less than $80!!!!!

just-ignore-all-the-free-cornhole-apps-including-one-with-v0-1to8luvdikmc1.thumb.png.f0d12d77ce3129e986b83f3aae05ade0.png

Haters and gaming racists!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Also don't mobile gamers on average spend $80 a year on games? Why are the numbers like this then? $15 is way less than $80!!!!!

just-ignore-all-the-free-cornhole-apps-including-one-with-v0-1to8luvdikmc1.thumb.png.f0d12d77ce3129e986b83f3aae05ade0.png

The comments on that review are hilarious- lots of “not the real market” and “once bugs are fixed”.  Good times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I wanted to stream this (and the other $15 Amico mobile games) but as I read about the app I found out that apparently you need at least two mobile devices to play it? One device needs to run the free Amico Home app and the other(s) connect to it and act as the controller(s)? Seems like a lot of trouble for a bunch of sub-par games.

• Like 3

So, we know it's not gonna happen, of course, but for the giggles --- lets say they manage to release actual controllers this holiday at a decent price point... anyone planning to buy?  Maybe just as a collectible (some of y'all bought empty boxes, so that's not a stupid assumption) or maybe with hopes it can be a neat gadget to work with PC emulators or something.

Heck, people have a hit with "so and so beat Dark Souls with guitar controller" and things like that, so it'll not be completely useless if someone gets creative.

I have zero interest in getting one for those "$15 a pop" mobile games they're crapping out, but there's a slight chance I'd be slightly, mildly, a wee bit, like 3 out of 10 interested in having a couple if they can be used for anything else, like PC or rpi. Maybe on clearance or something.

17 minutes ago, Radio F Software said:

I wanted to stream this (and the other $15 Amico mobile games) but as I read about the app I found out that apparently you need at least two mobile devices to play it? One device needs to run the free Amico Home app and the other(s) connect to it and act as the controller(s)? Seems like a lot of trouble for a bunch of sub-par games.

Wait... so other than the "2 devices needed" nonsense, you actually wanted to pay $15 each for these?

pug gifmedogs GIF by Rover.com

Just out of curiosity, I attempted to register my console order on the Amico website. Yes, after all these years I still have an active $100 pre order. Just never bothered requesting a refund. When I put my order number in I get a message telling me it can't be found. I'm 100% sure my order number is correct. John Alvarado suggested I contact Amico customer service. I did a couple times but never heard back. This was months ago. I also never got Amico Home working on any of my devices. Alvarado suggested I open up some ports on my router, but I did and no change, I still couldn't connect so gave up. I have no desire to redeem codes for any of the games due to learning that Amico will subtract the purchase price of the games from my deposit, yes I also purchased the 8 pack or whatever it was of physical products why back when. They have been sitting on a shelf unopened for years (underneath my nearly complete US Dreamcast games collection). Anyway, here's some screenshots of the failed registration process for those curious:

Screenshot 2024-03-05 10.30.00 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 10.30.13 PM.png

Edited by livingonwheels
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

The comments on that review are hilarious- lots of “not the real market” and “once bugs are fixed”.  Good times.

Oh I know. I'm on there. What's funny is the market they want has literal access to it now. Anything short of 3.2 billion is a fail.

Aw who am I kidding 1000 is close enough. Let us celebrate their success.

Thi should have been a device for me. Multiplayer focused, cheap, good for non and young gamers. It failed miserably. In so many ways. It isn't cheap (price not build), the games aren't casual friendly, and most the multiplayer looks like forced crap. Shark Shark and Astrosmash look the best amd that isn't saying much. Those games shouldnt be more than $5 tops.

It never has been anything they said it was.

3 hours ago, Radio F Software said:

oh you didn't know about the convoluted way you have to play these? @DJC and @RetroAdvisoryBoard are probably disappointed they can play them in the bar to pick up people people it won't work on public wifi.

3 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

So, we know it's not gonna happen, of course, but for the giggles --- lets say they manage to release actual controllers this holiday at a decent price point... anyone planning to buy?  Maybe just as a collectible (some of y'all bought empty boxes, so that's not a stupid assumption) or maybe with hopes it can be a neat gadget to work with PC emulators or something.

Heck, people have a hit with "so and so beat Dark Souls with guitar controller" and things like that, so it'll not be completely useless if someone gets creative.

I have zero interest in getting one for those "$15 a pop" mobile games they're crapping out, but there's a slight chance I'd be slightly, mildly, a wee bit, like 3 out of 10 interested in having a couple if they can be used for anything else, like PC or rpi. Maybe on clearance or something.

Not going to buy anything, unless they do it well. Giving money to people like them just embolden the next guy to try and rip people off with subpar products and ideas.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

To be really honest, I recently hesitated strongly to buy the CD-i like controller for Switch that Limited Run is making for Arzette, although I didn't plan on using it anyway. I even put it in my cart but changed my mind. That being said, it was less than $40 iirc. So even though a part of me would want it just as a funny souvenir, if it's more than $50, and it probably will be, then nope.

15 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

Just out of curiosity, I attempted to register my console order on the Amico website. Yes, after all these years I still have an active $100 pre order. Just never bothered requesting a refund. When I put my order number in I get a message telling me it can't be found. I'm 100% sure my order number is correct. John Alvarado suggested I contact Amico customer service. I did a couple times but never heard back. This was months ago. I also never got Amico Home working on any of my devices. Alvarado suggested I open up some ports on my router, but I did and no change, I still couldn't connect so gave up. I have no desire to redeem codes for any of the games due to learning that Amico will subtract the purchase price of the games from my deposit, yes I also purchased the 8 pack or whatever it was of physical products why back when. They have been sitting on a shelf unopened for years (underneath my nearly complete US Dreamcast games collection). Anyway, here's some screenshots of the failed registration process for those curious:

Screenshot 2024-03-05 10.30.00 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 10.30.13 PM.png

If you want your 100 back then the deadline is  probably this year, then they will probably declare bankrupcy. I am not sure if they still are doing refunds. Some have gotten, some have not, and it seems to be a combination of luck with asking at the right time, and/or the right people making a stink about it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

If you want your 100 back then the deadline is  probably this year, then they will probably declare bankrupcy. I am not sure if they still are doing refunds. Some have gotten, some have not, and it seems to be a combination of luck with asking at the right time, and/or the right people making a stink about it.

Beep boop they were refunding until they weren't beep boop they have no money but continue to pay salaries beep boop they don't lie beep boop.

That is a good point that now would be a good time to make a stink. They've done nothing to earn that $100 and quite frankly it isn't getting made. You could buy a bunch of good games on good platforms in the $10 or less range and have a better gaming experience.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

And don't forget that you are not the target audience!

Neither is anyone else, hence 10+ downloads.

Sad thing was, I was a pretty good fit for what they claimed was their "target audience," I think.   Kids, family, gamer, disposable income and buys a lot of useless shit whether it's worth it or not.  I was the "sucker with youngins and money" that they've been dreaming of.  And they blew it...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Sad thing was, I was a pretty good fit for what they claimed was their "target audience," I think.   Kids, family, gamer, disposable income and buys a lot of useless shit whether it's worth it or not.  I was the "sucker with youngins and money" that they've been dreaming of.  And they blew it...

No gamers allowed! This is a console for non-gamers!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 10:52 AM, jerseystyle said:

Well, it looks like Cornhole wasn’t a killer app after all… 

I don't know looks pretty dead to me.

star trek GIF

You can buy cornhole or do your own Chinese manufacturing for a little over $12.

20240309_110358.thumb.jpg.15b33cbcf466714c1f9e73a660abe2e9.jpg20240309_110357.thumb.jpg.4abd6961bd753b3fcb037a7b55b6e7d9.jpg20240309_110355.thumb.jpg.953855eba3f0a098dada46e413a0653f.jpg

Yes that's 5lbs of chicken thighs for a little over $12. Think the imaginary wife wants a sweet chili sauce with them.

• Haha 3

Chinese production is complete. This Cornhole chicken isn't a scam. Look I picked a cute date that is divisible by three! hardy har har.

20240309_124510.thumb.jpg.e5d725af8d1354a6442b9894e456fd1a.jpg

Some General Beef's Chicken.

20240309_123938.thumb.jpg.7afa95c85163b9382b4432fbc0dc3d4a.jpg

Ah I miss the days of people telling me my concerns are false because they have stupid dates and spent money on licenses for demos or games they weren't working on.

Actually, I don't. Seeing that level of stupidity was exhausting. At least we are only down to one audible idiot left here at AA. Most the others know to not talk about their love for it knowing they will sound dumb. I wonder how many nights they cried in fetal positions knowing they joined a cult based on lies and sold their dignity?

So has everyone else heard the news that Tommy is slowly delisting videos like his hour long "apology" video to Pat and Ian?

Now time for grilling.

• Haha 4