IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

3 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Only if it's in Tommy's skull. He is getting all he deserves and maybe not even enough. 

Wow, this is very disrespectful of the man that created the soundtrack for Metroid Prime Aladdin Earthworm Jim Messiah Tony Hawk The Terminator Sonic and the Black Knight at least something, idk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

51 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

Check out this beauty of a comment posted on the Amico Discord this afternoon:

"Intellivision having the goal to be different and to try to offer a good product instead of just trying to milk people playing games is certainly one of the reason why I will always have a lot of respect for Tommy Tallarico and everyone who was part of the project".

Poe's Law. Hard to tell the difference between trolls and genuine comments. Could be either really. We know there are a lot of sarcastic people watching this, as are a bunch of idiots who believe any dumb thing Tommy told them.

40 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

I think you just answered your question there.

Maybe not strictly bots, but a veritable crowd of Amico fans (and possibly employees in some cases) came with him, and most of them left when he went.

NAILED IT!

It would be a waste of a mod's time, but it would be fun to see how many of their IPs come from California and Utah. 🤣

Seriously, what did the marketing team do? They had interns following people on social media to gather information on non-cult members.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

Wow, this is very disrespectful of the man that created the soundtrack for Metroid Prime Aladdin Earthworm Jim Messiah Tony Hawk The Terminator Sonic and the Black Knight at least something, idk.

Serious question here , did Tommy actually compose  any of the soundtracks  he claimed he did or did he literally spend three decades pretending like he was a big shot musician in the gaming industry without actually composing anything? Is it even possible to fake something like that for so long , did no one notice this man's lies until he  moronically put himself in the spotlight with the Amico ?

1 hour ago, JPF997 said:

Serious question here , did Tommy actually compose  any of the soundtracks  he claimed he did or did he literally spend three decades pretending like he was a big shot musician in the gaming industry without actually composing anything? Is it even possible to fake something like that for so long , did no one notice this man's lies until he  moronically put himself in the spotlight with the Amico ?

I've never seen evidence for that he has composed anything, only evidence for what he hasn't composed.

1 hour ago, JPF997 said:

If you look up a game Tommy claims to have composed for, pretty much every time there will be at least someone elses name there along side his, or just completely someone else. He seems to have just taken credit for everything.

The fact that he used stock music in Amico games (every game actually released so far has had all stock music) says everything about his composing career and capabilities IMO. A famous and prolific video game composer running a video game console company, but not composing any music for the games? Very strange. You'd think that he would be delighted to make music for his "babies". Don't forget on many occasions he claimed to be doing music for Amico games, so another set of lies from him.

• Like 5

Here's a couple late night Amico Discord posts from today:

Discord User 1: "I wonder if Tommy is still working on games and other things for Intellivision. I believe so but who knows?"

Discord User 2: "I'm going to say i believe what they say and hes been gone..  Phil and John are doing a great job.."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, JPF997 said:

And that's a good question. Even the few tracks he's credited for The Terminator on SEGA CD, that recycle his high school band songs, feature his father's name instead of his on the copyrights. That being said, I strongly believe he composed that tune himself, since it completely encompasses his lack of talent and taste:

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

And that's a good question. Even the few tracks he's credited for The Terminator on SEGA CD, that recycle his high school band songs, feature his father's name instead of his on the copyrights. That being said, I strongly believe he composed that tune himself, since it completely encompasses his lack of talent and taste:

Dear God my ears!!! That "song" is like the worst stereotypes of what 90s culture was like all rolled into one, yeah if this is his contribution to gaming then it's better to just pretend like he never composed anything at all.

Edited by JPF997
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 11:01 PM, JPF997 said:

If this is secretly a dig at my now  infamous Synthwave and Recharged game threads I have to make one thing clear here, for you  and anyone else that reads this, I don't regret making those threads even if they resulted in some very cringy moments on my part. Ledzep  never actually managed to disprove my claims that Atari's identity is intrinsically tied to the Space age or that Synthwave aesthetics fit Atari games  like a glove. Everytime I provided evidence to those claims he simply moved the goalpost and demanded that I provide even more "persuasive" evidence for him to finally be convinced. After a while of this pointless back and forth I just gave up and made that now infamous statement that it was all just my "romantic interpretations" on the subject so that he would finally get off my back.

I take back everything  that I said in this post, that's not at all how my debate with Ledzep went down. After Living Room Arcade gave me a   shoot-out earlier today and referenced the Recharged thread I decided to go back and read most of  that thread  for the first time since November and  frankly it's much worse than I  remember it being,  my memories of what transpired were far more positive than what the reality of it truly was.

Edited by JPF997
  • Like 1

Interesting conversation on the Amico Discord today:

Discord User: Hey! Did anyone back this project through republic? If so do you know how we realize any profits from it? It seems to me like I just gave them 1k

Alvarado: Hi, profits from the Amico Home games are treated just like profits from Amico console games with respect to the Republic investors.

Also, thank you for supporting Amico through the Republic offering.

Discord User: No problem. I have dm’ed you to talk further because this answer doesn’t give much info or point me in any direction as I don’t know how profits from console games are dispersed or how any of this is attained.

Alvarado: I am not familiar with the details of the Republic deal, but you should be able to check the agreement document you entered into or contact Republic support for clarification.  All I know is we are reserving a percentage of the profits from game sales for Republic investors.  Your investor contract should contain the details of how and when those are paid out.

Discord User: Okay thanks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

Interesting conversation on the Amico Discord today:

Discord User: Hey! Did anyone back this project through republic? If so do you know how we realize any profits from it? It seems to me like I just gave them 1k

Alvarado: Hi, profits from the Amico Home games are treated just like profits from Amico console games with respect to the Republic investors.

Also, thank you for supporting Amico through the Republic offering.

Discord User: No problem. I have dm’ed you to talk further because this answer doesn’t give much info or point me in any direction as I don’t know how profits from console games are dispersed or how any of this is attained.

Alvarado: I am not familiar with the details of the Republic deal, but you should be able to check the agreement document you entered into or contact Republic support for clarification.  All I know is we are reserving a percentage of the profits from game sales for Republic investors.  Your investor contract should contain the details of how and when those are paid out.

Discord User: Okay thanks

Does this mean they actually paid investors some dust off the physical products sales?

20 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Unironically a banger.

On 3/19/2024 at 5:32 PM, JPF997 said:

He did some things. I think you are younger and probably don't quite understand the idea of the internet not being literally at everyone's fingertips. Back when he would say stuff no one could easily fact check him.

He very much a talked like it was the 90s and that no one should ne able to question him. It's why he got pissed at threads like mine that kept track of information. He would conflict himself all the time on YT. It's just the idiots talking to him just heard what they wanted to hear (often his message would chamge based on what the YTer wanted), OR they didn't push him with follow ups. Most of the small channels he was on literally don't know how to do an interview. So, they all became infomercials lined with lies as a way to get more suckers to give them money. It's why he wanted people like me banned because we noticed the BS he was saying.

On 3/19/2024 at 5:19 PM, frankodragon said:

I can just see the bots making posts on that discord with AI images like this.  Of course they all look like extras from The Walking Dead.

image.thumb.png.1808c4a8a6896fdf1f3daba907137c5b.png

On of the Discord users is that Jenny Davis (flyleaf), who here at AA Tommy did the old fashioned ASL barrage. It was like he was looking for a date. She was banned from AA it seems. For what reason I do not know. She was a fan of Amico and still seems to be. She could work on her English skills.

9 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Does this mean they actually paid investors some dust off the physical products sales?

No those aren't games as per their sale agreement. They were the promise of the possibility of getting games. Maybe just for Missile Command since they are redeeming those in a roundabout way.

I find it funny that they even failed at selling codes in boxes, and their RFID wasn't implemented. And that is for an actual product they sold.