IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

6 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

If this is supposed to link to something, it does not?

I was at one of the Boston events.  I can tell you for certain, the consoles are self contained.  No laptops or other external devices.

I watched one get turned on, boot up, games be selected and played.

These are real and looked very complete and ready to go.  I of course have no knowledge of cloud services.  However, games were added to consoles at the event.

Also, do not underestimate the controllers.  They are very nice, comfortable and responsive.

Glad you had fun at the Boston event.

Can you shed some light on why the controllers had to be connected to this device?   Power block?  Do the controllers not hold a charge long enough for an event?

E7A14275-1BC1-4254-BAD4-7CFEBD8FDB45.jpeg

• Like 1

The final word on FCC. Anything else is mrinformation.

FCC failed.

FCC did not pass.

FCC not certified. 

FCC is needed to sell Amico.

Amico is not in manufacturing.

The engineer that filed FCC no longer employed at IE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

If this is supposed to link to something, it does not?

1) I was at one of the Boston events.  I can tell you for certain, the consoles are self contained. These are real and looked very complete and ready to go. 

2) I of course have no knowledge of cloud services.  However, games were added to consoles at the event.

3) Also, do not underestimate the controllers.  They are very nice, comfortable and responsive.

4) My wife is not a gamer, however, she likes board games like CLUE etc.  The controller is perfect for such a game. (no idea if it would ever be available, but you get the idea ) My family plays PITCH and Spades etc.  Again. Controllers are great for this too.

5) Of course, I played games like astrosmash.  They worked great for action games too.  Also, if you are an original Astrosmash player, hyper space was random, with this version, you can swipe the screen in the length, direction you want to hyperspace too.  

6) For a game like Evel Knievel, the rocket launch uses the angle you turn your controller, this could be done with analog sticks, less fun of course.  But the game itself, I liked the controller movement for this.

7) Everyone will have a personal preference of course.  If we didn't, life would be pretty bland.....  

Here let me try this since you can't seem to get it to work. Link to Reddit. Click here and go to that page. Then read and look for a name, nahpebag. Nahpeebag is Gabe Phan backwards (IE engineer).

1) That's cool but one of the YTers who tried to help set up the event you went to said none of the units were manufacture ready. You were playing various prototypes. I think you can understand the difference. 

2) The backend should be ready by now, buy hadn't been for a long time as noted by places like Fundable.

3) You aren't the only one to use the controllers. They aren't as good as any other modern controller unless you count a WiiMote as modern. Oh and they are better than a cell phone so they have that going for them. None of the events showed any game to significantly show the controller off to justify its design. They might have had big ideas for what they wanted to do. However, as we saw with bomb squad, that was a bunch of wishcasting.

4) Cool story about your wife. Mine is the same but has the capability to learn how to use different controllers. Please stop acting like people are too dumb to learn to use it. Just because you are or other people you know are scared to try new things doesn't mean others aren't. 

Also if you want to play CLUE I doubt she would want you to spend $300+ to just play it. In fact I recommend this version. Click on this link to go to Amazon. If the link isn't working search CLUE Master Detective. My family believes this to be the best version of CLUE as it is expanded. You are lucky you can get it again as it was OOP for a decade or more. Now we don't have to cart around our old worn out family one. You're welcome!

Hey my family plays PITCH too! Our family is so huge we do tournaments at family gatherings. We won't buy $1200 + in Amicos when $4 worth of new cards would work. But hey we like the personal interaction of playing the cards physically, maybe others want to star le at a screen instead of their family. ?

5) that can easily be accomplish by a simple button press. L trigger + time = direction and length of hyperspace.

6) Cool I can do the same with joycons. You have yet to say anything that shows how they are better than any modern controller. This type of gameplay has been around since the Wii. You probably didn't buy it (many didn't) but the WiiU could do that too. You should play NintendoLand if you get the chance. 

You buy a console for games, not a controller. Well I buy consoles for games and not because of controllers at least.

7) I wish it would release. I think very few don't want it too. I think people struggle with the strawman argument that people don't want it to exist. Truth is they don't care that it exists. They just want to know what role does it fill. Right now Amico doesn't do that. If it was sub $200 I think it would have a place. 

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Can you shed some light on why the controllers had to be connected to this device?   Power block?  Do the controllers not hold a charge long enough for an event?

My guess is for power. Word from one of the people who ran one of the public events is that the controllers were prone to drop connectivity often. Also don't forget the Amico waggle! 

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxSKW7o_wBQzEIovB07GgGTksfL-ISZn23

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

FCC failed.

FCC did not pass.

FCC not certified. 

Can you imagine the situation in which they somehow get the money to do big manufacturing. Then submit it for testing and it fails with them having let the people who work on it go? ?

If it didn't pass the next time they tried wouldn't that technically mean the hardware isn't ready either? ?

We are on the launchpad!

54 minutes ago, Rev said:

FCC failed.

FCC did not pass.

FCC not certified. 

Two of their engineers said they passed fcc testing.  One specifically said fcc radiated emissions testing.  Neither of them said they submitted for fcc certification, one specifically said they did not after passing preliminary testing.  That's not mrinformation.

Last we heard they were producing some test units.  We don't know if that is with a manufacturer or not.  Test units are not commercial units and, if satisfied with them, are the units that can be submitted for fcc certification prior to the production of commercial units.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

They say it lasts four to six hours.  That's not enough to cover the two events in Boston plus time played outside the events all on that day.

Edited by mr_me

30 minutes ago, Rev said:

FCC failed.

FCC did not pass.

FCC not certified. 

Source? Link? ?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I wouldn't say it's a normal occurrence but it has happened on atariage and apparently on reddit as well.  It's also happened on youtube chats.

Thank you. This might involve too much research then, but he entered the reddit thread with "purpose".

So I was just curious if his other appearances conveyed anything different.

If you don't understand my term, just look at what he has inserted above his name in the reddit thread.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Yes, they needed to be charged again.  I asked about that also.  That was after 5+ hours of use at the other location and some additional use at the second location.

I see pizza, that was ordered after I had already played several games and was getting ready to go home.

The screen is on for a few games certainly.  I don't remember if it is always lit?  Honestly, after a few seconds in an action game, I didn't look at the controller.
It is useful in certain games like Shark Shark, If you are in last place, it gives you a hint of where the next bonus will come out etc.

But if you are like me, you do not use an intellivision overlay.  Today, if I played Utopia, I would need to look at it for a minute or so, but then I would not need it to play.

I was glad to see it could be charged on the console or USB.  This console was in the back room...  A bunch of people were playing Evel Sky cycle over snake river or whatever it is called.

It is certainly a good group game mode within EK

That little girl in the red hair was kicking butt on that game.  I had the lead early on a couple of times.... But never won. :(  LOL

21 minutes ago, mr_me said:

What you are seeing by the reddit user's name is coming from a subreddit moderator, not the user.  And I was referring to different engineers regarding atariage, reddit, youtube.

Yes, this throwing around of "engineer" without the casual reader being able to identify connection to quotes and such does not serve clarity well.

He's there for a purpose regardless. The meme which follows and the framing of sane questions indicates people sense an opportunity to get information they seek. Period. Full stop.

Where he saw the question about "atmosphere" (here or elsewhere) matters not. He answered it. His purpose is the short bit that follows his initial "atmosphere" comment. "The hardware is real." If you read the thrust of this thread (everything above his arrival) the motivation is crystal clear.

But it is perfectly ok if people don't want to accept what he's saying. It's just me, remember? 

I gather you do understand what he's telling you about the lighting system?

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Here let me try this since you can't seem to get it to work. Link to Reddit. Click here and go to that page. Then read and look for a name, nahpebag. Nahpeebag is Gabe Phan backwards (IE engineer).

1) That's cool but one of the YTers who tried to help set up the event you went to said none of the units were manufacture ready. You were playing various prototypes. I think you can understand the difference. 

2) The backend should be ready by now, buy hadn't been for a long time as noted by places like Fundable.

3) You aren't the only one to use the controllers. They aren't as good as any other modern controller unless you count a WiiMote as modern. Oh and they are better than a cell phone so they have that going for them. None of the events showed any game to significantly show the controller off to justify its design. They might have had big ideas for what they wanted to do. However, as we saw with bomb squad, that was a bunch of wishcasting.

4) Cool story about your wife. Mine is the same but has the capability to learn how to use different controllers. Please stop acting like people are too dumb to learn to use it. Just because you are or other people you know are scared to try new things doesn't mean others aren't. 

Also if you want to play CLUE I doubt she would want you to spend $300+ to just play it. In fact I recommend this version. Click on this link to go to Amazon. If the link isn't working search CLUE Master Detective. My family believes this to be the best version of CLUE as it is expanded. You are lucky you can get it again as it was OOP for a decade or more. Now we don't have to cart around our old worn out family one. You're welcome!

Hey my family plays PITCH too! Our family is so huge we do tournaments at family gatherings. We won't buy $1200 + in Amicos when $4 worth of new cards would work. But hey we like the personal interaction of playing the cards physically, maybe others want to star le at a screen instead of their family. ?

5) that can easily be accomplish by a simple button press. L trigger + time = direction and length of hyperspace.

6) Cool I can do the same with joycons. You have yet to say anything that shows how they are better than any modern controller. This type of gameplay has been around since the Wii. You probably didn't buy it (many didn't) but the WiiU could do that too. You should play NintendoLand if you get the chance. 

You buy a console for games, not a controller. Well I buy consoles for games and not because of controllers at least.

7) I wish it would release. I think very few don't want it too. I think people struggle with the strawman argument that people don't want it to exist. Truth is they don't care that it exists. They just want to know what role does it fill. Right now Amico doesn't do that. If it was sub $200 I think it would have a place. 

My guess is for power. Word from one of the people who ran one of the public events is that the controllers were prone to drop connectivity often. Also don't forget the Amico waggle! 

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxSKW7o_wBQzEIovB07GgGTksfL-ISZn23

That is a lot to unpack, I will be brief.

First, thanks for the Clue Link.  Already in the Cart!  On sale too.

Second, I did not get a Wii U.  Just the Wii  ( still have it )

Third, I wasn't saying you need an Amico for CLUE, Pitch etc.  But these types of games let me put the console in the living room, not the cave...

Of course you can use almost any controller to play a game.  However, I am a huge fan of the original Intellivision controller.  So, I see this as a cross between my favorite controller ( I know, in the minority ) and the Wii.

With interactive display ( feedback ).

Forth, I am not suggesting anyone buy it..  Certainly not to play a card game.  :)  But if your family is anything like mine, some try to get a "competitive edge"  The game engine would prevent this!  LOL

Yet to be seen ( like 99% of Amico ) I think these controllers would be better than the wii for driving games etc.  ( did the Wii ever get a driving game after the controller update? )   

Last, Of course people can learn new controllers and schemes.  Certainly the younger people have no problem.  But I know people my age that either cannot, or will not try.  

My Dad loved the Wii because the controller was easy to use. Played it into his 80's

I don't doubt you an many others want the Amico to be released.  Yes, sub $200 would be great.  But I was still okay @ $250  Now... It is priced out of viable range.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Two of their engineers said they passed fcc testing.  One specifically said fcc radiated emissions testing.  Neither of them said they submitted for fcc certification, one specifically said they did not after passing preliminary testing.  That's not mrinformation.

Last we heard they were producing some test units.  We don't know if that is with a manufacturer or not.  Test units are not commercial units and, if satisfied with them, are the units that can be submitted for fcc certification prior to the production of commercial units.

They say it lasts four to six hours.  That's not enough to cover the two events in Boston plus time played outside the events all on that day.

So, the Amico controllers will be able to use any plain old USB type charger, and not need to be cradled into the console to charge or connect to console to charge?    They are all charging simultaneously via a multi charging block. 

Then why design the console where controllers lay on top of the console…why not have the controllers charge direct into console with just usb…. it was to make it resemble the old Mattel system. Which invokes fond memories and makes retro players want to buy it. If this was just “Amico” and not “Intellivision Amico” I dare say most everyone here would not want it. But remember this console isnt marketed toward us, it is for the soccer mom with little kids and grandparents. 

Edited by Rev
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rev said:

So, the Amico controllers will be able to use any plain old USB type charger, and not need to be cradled into the console to charge or connect to console to charge?    They are all charging simultaneously via a multi charging block. 

Then why design the console where controllers lay on top of the console…why not have the controllers charge direct into console with just usb…. it was to make it resemble the old Mattel system. Which invokes fond memories and makes retro players want to buy it. If this was just “Amico” and not “Intellivision Amico” I dare say most everyone here would not want it. But remember this console isnt marketed toward us, it is for the soccer mom with little kids and grandparents. 

Convenience.  I am glad to have the option to plug it in while playing.  But I don't want to have to plug it in.  Wow, that must be grammatically wrong.

I don't know if the design was to pander to us old timers or not.  But do you wireless charge your phone or do you destroy the data/charge port?

I ordered a daughter board for my phone last night, to replace the dam usb c port on my phone.  Frigging car play stopped working and slow charging.

For $12 I can fix it.    

Edited by 1980gamer

9 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Convenience.  I am glad to have the option to plug it in while playing.  But I don't want to have to plug it in.  Wow, that must be grammatically wrong.

I don't know if the design was to pander to us old timers or not.  But do you wireless charge your phone or do you destroy the data/charge port?

I order a daughter board for my phone last night, to replace the dam usb c port on my phone.  Frigging car play stopped working and slow charging.

For $12 I can fix it.    

I like this better. 

8017FBA3-E90F-4564-9C50-210F3E3B536B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I don't think there's any question that putting the Intellivision name on it would attract Intellivision collectors.  But that's not going to sell half a million consoles, which is what they need to be successful.  Do you not think having a charging station built into the console is a good idea.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Thanks.    So will the initial batch of consoles made in 2022 reach 35,000 for the first month?    That is around 10 million in sales. Things are looking up you haters!

They've changed manufacturers since then, and this has been discussed many times here.  Since they've had issues sourcing components, costs with manufacturing and financing, they have shifted to a smaller scale release.  They've talked about a small production run locally to deliver some preorder units.  And then ramp up production in Asia.  That's what their cfo discussed in an interview last year.

Edited by mr_me