IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

7 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

You don't even qualify to fail .. Oof!™

Oof! is "copywritten" ? but not trademarked. I know it's off-topic, but did that add-on sound do well in the Roblox store? 

On topic: the European Shopify store for Amico has been down for over a month. Shall we assume that this means they have a new global strategy, or that they forgot to pay the bill? Am I a "hater" for assuming incompetence, 654 days after their original launch date?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

On topic: the European Shopify store for Amico has been down for over a month. Shall we assume that this means they have a new global strategy, or that they forgot to pay the bill? Am I a "hater" for assuming incompetence, 654 days after their original launch date?

They closed the shop because they're close to release so they no longer need it. /DJC logic

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Are you the last person left on the Intellivision payroll or what? 

If there were a valid FCC certification, it should have been posted by now. Electronics manufacturing is not a faith-based process. Proof or it didn't happen. 

If there were retailers planning to sell this fine device, there should be a "coming soon" page for it. Like there used to be at GameStop. If you expect us to believe that there are still retail purchase orders, let's see some evidence. No, "Tommy Tallarico said so before he was demoted" or "it was on the fundraising pages 2 years ago alongside other half-truths" don't cut it. 

I did in fact notice that there was at least one page where you did not post. Others have multiple. 14 of the last 15 posts you made were in this thread. Mea culpa. 

You're all alone with defending Amico Cornhole. If you think that's an interesting, competent design, more power to you. 

I'm not defending it. I'm not claiming they still have retail purchase orders or retail interest. There's no conflict with what the engineers are saying and what's in the fcc database.  If the engineers are credible, they did indeed pass fcc rf emissions testing, so a certification submission would be predictable.  And there are lots of good reasons to hold off submitting for certification, when as everyone knows there's no indication of manufacturing commercial units anytime soon.

Edited by mr_me
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mr_me said:

'm not defending it. I'm not claiming there are any retail purchase orders or retail interest. There's no conflict with what the engineers are saying and what's in the fcc database.  If the engineers are credible, they did indeed pass fcc rf emissions testing, so a certification submission would be predictable.  And there are lots of good reasons to hold off submitting for certification, when as everyone knows there's no indication of manufacturing commercial units anytime soon.

Nice non-defense going on there. Wouldn't they have to re-certify the console if they are still working on it? I would assume if it's not finished, most of the certs they did get are not valid anymore? Disclaimer, I know nothing of the details about what goes into certification of electronic equipment. 

Edited by ColecoJoe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I'm not defending it. I'm not claiming they still have retail purchase orders or retail interest. There's no conflict with what the engineers are saying and what's in the fcc database.  If the engineers are credible, they did indeed pass fcc rf emissions testing, so a certification submission would be predictable.  And there are lots of good reasons to hold off submitting for certification, when as everyone knows there's no indication of manufacturing commercial units anytime soon.

What ARE you saying, then?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

Nice non-defense going on there. Wouldn't they have to re-certify the console if they are still working on it? I would assume if it's not finished, most of the certs they did get are not valid anymore? Disclaimer, I know nothing of the details about what goes into certification of electronic equipment. 

What they did is send a prototype to the testing lab to see if they are fcc compliant.  This is quicker and cheaper than submitting for certification, and not uncommon during product development.  For sure if there are certain changes to the product, they have to recertify.  In fact they said they qualified two variations.  And it is a reason not to submit for certification.  As far as we know they haven't submitted for fcc certification.

Edit:

If people want to say they don't have fcc certification that's fine.  But speculating that a lack of fcc certification is indicative of problems with the product or the reason they aren't going to manufacturing is something else.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The new aiming options in cornhole are optional.  You could just throw and it defaults to aiming at the hole at a default vertical angle.  The first version was much more trying to be a simulator.  The second version is not unlike Wii Sports Bowling.  In Wii Sports Bowling you also have steps to position the bowler left or right, and then change the horizontal angle of throw using the dpad or buttons.  The difference is that in Amico Cornhole, they aren't steps, they can be done anytime, in any order or skipped altogether.  The motion sensors does determine the force of throw for undershoot/overshoot as well as how straight the throw is for left/right deviation.

What you are saying is exactly the opposite what was shown in the video.  I went back and watched their video (20 mins in) and they say themselves it was like Wii Bowling at first, but their controllers couldn’t handle it. TT even said it worked okay with the phone app. So they added this steps. For reference there are like 4 things you have to “lock in” before you throw the bag. Also at no point did they say that these steps were optional. Here is the video for reference:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mr_me said:

What they did is send a prototype to the testing lab to see if they are fcc compliant.  This is quicker and cheaper than submitting for certification, and not uncommon during product development.  For sure if there are certain changes to the product, they have to recertify.  In fact they said they qualified two variations.  And it is a reason not to submit for certification.  As far as we know they haven't submitted for fcc certification.

Edit:

If people want to say they don't have fcc certification that's fine.  But speculating that a lack of fcc certification is indicative of problems with the product or the reason they aren't going to manufacturing is something else.

Ok enough, just tell us.......how much is Tommy paying you????  No one can continually just "dispute" what everyone else has said and pointed out so fiercly if they aren't on the Intellivision mafias payroll!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Edit:

Sorry, but who declared that you get to set the rules of discussion here?  People can say whatever they want at this point as there is very little evidence that anything Tommy or the folks behind Amico said is accurate.  You really aren't contributing here.  You just are arguing for the sake of arguing and cherrypicking public statements for which you have no evidence and weighing them more heavily than individuals making claims based on common sense.  Seriously, it's time for you to move on.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

What you are saying is exactly the opposite what was shown in the video.  I went back and watched their video (20 mins in) and they say themselves it was like Wii Bowling at first, but their controllers couldn’t handle it. TT even said it worked okay with the phone app. So they added this steps. For reference there are like 4 things you have to “lock in” before you throw the bag. Also at no point did they say that these steps were optional. Here is the video for reference:

I'm going by what I saw on their monitor and the actions with the controller.  Like I said that's not the game.  If you haven't done so, have a look at their March video that shows a bit of the new cornhole game, including clearly stating on the TV that the aiming and position features are optional.

1 hour ago, ColecoJoe said:

That's like saying "I'm certain I would have gotten an A on my midterms if I would have just gone to class that day" :)

I knew a guy once who would say to EVERYONE who would listen how “he would have been the next Kurt Cobain”, how writing popular music was easy. He just chose not to because he wanted more challenge out of life.  Keep in mind he played no instruments and had never been involved in music. Maybe these engineers were similar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I'm going by what I saw on their monitor and the actions with the controller.  Like I said that's not the game.  If you haven't done so, have a look at their March video that shows a bit of the new cornhole game, including clearly stating on the TV that the aiming and position features are optional.

Please post link to that March video. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mr_me said:

That excerpt makes me dizzy. It's about 10 seconds cut into a dozen 1-2 second clips. Not any clearer than the family trailer or E3 trailer. The on-screen instructions do indicate the positioning is optional, even that I think there are too many steps and instructions for anyone to seriously use that feature. It also disrupts the otherwise fast flow of the game and really takes away from the nature of the physical game where it's just one person throwing after the other in quick succession. 

I still don't really understand the positioning feature as I'd assume 99% of the time the player will want to be targeting right on the hole. That whole optional setup could've really been omitted for the sake of simplicity.

image.thumb.png.cd77e2d0f5b7c3ca3b98de0b52499d39.png

image.thumb.png.4dab6bbc0b04ca02d5508d9e2eaf426e.png

image.png.c61bcda20c18c969ebfa0ad271503838.png

+

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, 5-11under said:

Agreed, and "evidence" is the key word here... too many posts with opinions sometimes stated as facts, making this all a muddled mess. Example: we can guess that Distributors have left the deal (or that they haven't), but it's all bullshit (Stranger Things reference) unless you have the paperwork to prove one way or the other.

So either say that you're guessing (or assuming, or whatever it is you're doing), and back it up with your evidence or opinion. For example, you could say " I think the distributors have canceled the deal because most of these types of contracts end after xxx days), or "as per this attached document, this distributor has canceled the deal", or "TT said on xxxxx website on xxx day/year that the deal with xxxx is still active". Evidence. Only after that can one discuss the validity.

Maybe also some terms are being mixed in postings. 

Koch is their distributor

a bit more on the non-translated link

Edited by number6
added link

1 minute ago, MattPilz said:

That excerpt makes me dizzy. It's about 10 seconds cut into a dozen 1-2 second clips. Not any clearer than the family trailer or E3 trailer. The on-screen instructions do indicate the positioning is optional, even that I think there are too many steps and instructions for anyone to seriously use that feature. It also disrupts the otherwise fast flow of the game and really takes away from the nature of the physical game where it's just one person throwing after the other in quick succession. 

I still don't really understand the positioning feature as I'd assume 99% of the time the player will want to be targeting right on the hole. That whole optional setup could've really been omitted for the sake of simplicity.

image.thumb.png.cd77e2d0f5b7c3ca3b98de0b52499d39.png

image.thumb.png.4dab6bbc0b04ca02d5508d9e2eaf426e.png

image.png.c61bcda20c18c969ebfa0ad271503838.png

+

If anyone who wasn’t a gamer saw this and thought of it as “simple” would be lying ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

If anyone who wasn’t a gamer saw this and thought of it as “simple” would be lying ?

Same holds true for Battle Tanks where they had three entirely different control schemes and it required extensive explanation in the deep dive to go over them.

And we saw the 30 screens of instruction for Bomb Squad.

Actually even Missile Command had an overly complicated reticle.

image.thumb.png.7ed0484db8d95e79d0ac976062e54ae7.png

image.png.ecdf9636616cf1e572e2c75a738b527f.png

image.thumb.png.b2a2d5491be6b42c261e5f19f990cecb.png

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Same holds true for Battle Tanks where they had three entirely different control schemes and it required extensive explanation in the deep dive to go over them.

Oh yea, the infamous Tank Tank Battle Tanks video. Shew I doubt a seasoned Steel Battalion player from the OG Xbox days would understand this “simple” scheme ?

Edited by MarioMan88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some people can cry in their pillow, and be in denial of the state of Amico, but that doesn't change reality. They are wrong and have been wrong for a very very long time.

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Don't bother using evidence and facts he can't fathom a world in which TT has lied to him. 

I agree with you that the Cornhole looked unimaginative and lacked fun. The fact they had to redesign because phones were better also shows that the controllers suck so much that they can't even properly be used for a pack in game. That would be like making Duck hunt the sole pack in for NES but only giving them the controller and no lightgun.

It is yet another thing showimg the incompetence of this company.

this game right here is no different than the Amico version. 

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx3GPwD3UjQ0X0gEgOR95RiwhdNLW83zk4

1 hour ago, bojay1997 said:

Sorry, but who declared that you get to set the rules of discussion here?  

He bought into the TT trope that only those who repeat what he says is allowed to discuss anything. Some of his AA buddies seem to have an issue with discussion. In fact one of them is following me around on YT and even made dumb comments not even related to what I was discussing on the video this past day. I'm surprised he hasn't been around this thread to call me a troll here like he usually does. ?

It is quite humorous that they have such a problem with the fact that myself and others have been quite accurate and correct with our concerns. We are finally at a point that you have to really delude yourself to not see it. Simple example is the FCC certifications.

These are the same people who are in so much denial cannot understand how the following picture means the console isn't ready.Screenshot_20211024-160753_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b987d08acc6653761ecb4277ebe452ab.jpg

Technically speaking they think the hardware is complete. If they result it and it fails again and they need to fix something that isn't even done.

Now mind you that above information was submitting by IE themselves, and yet they still couldn't accept it wasn't done.

There is a difference between wanting it to succeed and denying reality. I've always wanted this basic android box to succeed, and I can also recognize when it isn't going well. Some of them can't make that jump because TT hammered into their heads that talk like that made you a phoney hater.

That is why I have loved watching all of this. The psychological and sociological aspect of this has been quite fascinating.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MattPilz said:

When I saw the Missile Command gameplay, I was like 'Wow, that seems overly complicated'.

• Like 4

Here is a quote from the former CEO of Intellivision Entertainment in 2020. 

Is this why Amico has not released yet?  Is it this simple?

They will “hold it”, meaning not release the system due to cost/manufacturing issues. 

833B9CB7-1F8F-42AA-BED2-E2FEEF9A8F43.thumb.jpeg.0f74651c42da057990585d6f8d728457.jpeg

Read the full article here:

https://gamedaily.biz/article/1680/intellivision-amico-receives-10000-preorders-only-needs-180000-sold-to-hit-break-even-point

• Like 2
  • Haha 1