IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

1 hour ago, MarioMan88 said:

Oh yea, the infamous Tank Tank Battle Tanks video. Shew I doubt a seasoned Steel Battalion player from the OG Xbox days would understand this “simple” scheme ?

Yup that type of stuff is for more seasoned gamers. 

Missile Command has way too much going on in that one demo they did. You couldn't make out what was going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Here is a quote from the former CEO of Intellivision Entertainment in 2020. 

Is this why Amico has not released yet?  Is it this simple?

They will “hold it”, meaning not release the system due to cost/manufacturing issues. 

833B9CB7-1F8F-42AA-BED2-E2FEEF9A8F43.thumb.jpeg.0f74651c42da057990585d6f8d728457.jpeg

Read the full article here:

https://gamedaily.biz/article/1680/intellivision-amico-receives-10000-preorders-only-needs-180000-sold-to-hit-break-even-point

I have heard that the parts are available and that they could have pulled the trigger at the end of 2021. However. They didn't and it was because of price.

They didn't want to lose money on the console. Instead they decided to lose money on 7-8 months of operation with no revenue coming in.

It really is a testament to how they'd rather pay themselves than get the product out to people who gave them money for it.

Bro1.thumb.jpg.7847f989e20a315e5416e574c422e2c7.jpgBro2.thumb.jpg.1773dd5653326b914925a43a81ffc591.jpgBro3.thumb.jpg.452c77b0b944e9ed3768fed460e13154.jpgBro4.thumb.jpg.cc2658903a8f50589f179023a0260723.jpgBro5.thumb.jpg.67d9ecf903ac57cdaf5f124506f22d75.jpg

Today it was announced the Oculus VR sets are going to cost $100 more than they have for the past year, going forward ($399 for 128GB, $499 for 256GB). Just an interesting observation as it seems rare for on-market consoles and gaming devices to increase price so dramatically. Although the original Quest was $499 for 128GB a few years ago. Raising prices can certainly be detrimental as an entry barrier. From what I understand it's another decision based on their inability to turn a profit at the existing price point, but maybe were selling it cheaper hoping to adapt more users and help ignite the VR scene.

With Amico it's even more complicated since unlike Meta who essentially owns the VR market at this point, Amico would be priced comparatively or even higher than the Switch, PS5 or Xbox. But with a drastically reduced ecosystem of apps and accessories for it.

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

What they did is send a prototype to the testing lab to see if they are fcc compliant.  This is quicker and cheaper than submitting for certification, and not uncommon during product development.  For sure if there are certain changes to the product, they have to recertify.  In fact they said they qualified two variations.  And it is a reason not to submit for certification.  As far as we know they haven't submitted for fcc certification.

That's a new one on me.  The tests would be the same.  They would get the results either way, which would be used to submit to the various certification bodies.  It probably wouldn't be quicker or much if any cheaper either. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kevtris said:

That's a new one on me.  The tests would be the same.  They would get the results either way, which would be used to submit to the various certification bodies.  It probably wouldn't be quicker or much if any cheaper either. 

So they haven't passed FCC certs. ?

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

Don't worry. That's a "Launchpad" task.

But why are we talking launchpads!? The former CEO said it was on the launchpad therefore FCC cert are done then!???

@Rev that isn't evidence because it isn't two people who have said it! FCC are just a bunch of gatekeeping

Edited by MrBeefy

7 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

One thing Mr Me can’t refute, deny or debate. Intellivision isn’t sending those refunds out. I still know people waiting months on even an acknowledgment. 

Sad what nostalgia and a crooked company can do to folks.

Yup 100% refundable was 100% a lie.

I also like how it being refundable was used to say it wasn't crowdfunded. ?

• Like 1

Going over their last-gasp "families playing amico" professionally produced advertorial video, I found some interesting things.  Mainly they seem to have very prominent certification logos on the controllers people are holding.  Here's a screen shot.

unknown.png

That's an FCC logo, CE logo, and I believe a VDE logo.   Seems a bit sketchy and fraudy to have those logos on a video for investors if they haven't actually obtained those certs. 

Another controller that's on screen for a few frames has a sticker on it that I would expect.

unknown.png

"property of intellivision" and DK1-CTRL-175 and what looks to be a hand written number or similar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

22 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Intellivision isn’t sending those refunds out. I still know people waiting months on even an acknowledgment.

Unless a person goes through PayPal or their card company to file a dispute, they won't hear anything. My attitude toward the refund process would've been more forgiving if they'd at least acknowledged the request especially when Phil personally provided the email to contact about it in their last update.

Doesn't sit well with me that it was pure radio silence on the matter and even through the 10 days of formal dispute there was no response from Intellivision's side. But they do continue to accept money for the physical boxes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Here is a quote from the former CEO of Intellivision Entertainment in 2020. 

Is this why Amico has not released yet?  Is it this simple?

They will “hold it”, meaning not release the system due to cost/manufacturing issues. 

833B9CB7-1F8F-42AA-BED2-E2FEEF9A8F43.thumb.jpeg.0f74651c42da057990585d6f8d728457.jpeg

Read the full article here:

https://gamedaily.biz/article/1680/intellivision-amico-receives-10000-preorders-only-needs-180000-sold-to-hit-break-even-point

But, but … They recently announced a price over $300 for the two controller version of this couch co-op console.

That’s different … no it’s similar … no it’s consistent with what the CEO said before. 

Inflation has been out of control. So when accounting for unforeseen inflation the new $330 price is actually less than the original $180. So it’s really a much greater value now than when first announced. 

• Haha 2

Just now, MattPilz said:

Unless a person goes through PayPal or their card company to file a dispute, they won't hear anything. My attitude toward the refund process would've been more forgiving if they'd at least acknowledged the request especially when Phil personally provided the email to contact about it in their last update.

Doesn't sit well with me that it was pure radio silence on the matter and even through the 10 days of formal dispute there was no response from Intellivision's side. But they do continue to accept money for the physical boxes.

Exactly! The problem my friend has is this:

I talked it up big at the beginning when “Founders” was being promoted. He and I both jumped on. I got tired and got a refund..he didn’t. Wasn’t glue to the drama and fascinating players like I was. Now he’s lost his chance to dispute as its well over 2 years since he paid via PayPal. 

Imagine how I feel…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kevtris said:

That's an FCC logo, CE logo, and I believe a VDE logo.   Seems a bit sketchy and fraudy to have those logos on a video for investors if they haven't actually obtained those certs. 

Meanwhile the controllers in the formal "ready to launch" unboxing from March have absolutely nothing on the back. (And the family trailer was filmed last Aug-Sep. I believe.)

image.thumb.png.63032adc8dde04eecfc7fbec20bcd4f9.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rayik said:

Inflation has been out of control. So when accounting for unforeseen inflation the new $330 price is actually less than the original $180. So it’s really a much greater value now than when first announced. 

OMG that is exactly the type of stupid thing they would say to justify a stupidly high price! ??

1 minute ago, MarioMan88 said:

Exactly! The problem my friend has is this:

I talked it up big at the beginning when “Founders” was being promoted. He and I both jumped on. I got tired and got a refund..he didn’t. Wasn’t glue to the drama and fascinating players like I was. Now he’s lost his chance to dispute as its well over 2 years since he paid via PayPal. 

Imagine how I feel…

Not your fault the company is 600+ years innept at making a product.

It sucks for sure and I can see why you feel bad.

• Like 1

As soon as their financials were released earlier this year, and I saw the trouble they were in, I immediately requested my refund and got it right away. Thank God I did that then, and I think more people should have done it then too because it sounds like they can’t pay anyone now. Sad. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Meanwhile the controllers in the formal "ready to launch" unboxing from March have absolutely nothing on the back. (And the family trailer was filmed last Aug-Sep. I believe.)

image.thumb.png.63032adc8dde04eecfc7fbec20bcd4f9.png

They don't have any consistency because they are flopping more than the fish I caught today.

It unfortunately has been like this from day one. The former CEO was extremely inconsistent. It was just no one ever questioned the inconsistencies, didn't pay attention, or wanted to go on a hater crusade.

Their only consistency has been to not get anything done.

• Haha 1

One key difference between passing the requirements for the FCC and actually certifying is that you've got to submit pictures of what you're getting certified.

We've already established that Intellivision are pretty cagey about letting anyone see what's inside the case. Is it just an off the shelf board? Maybe they have made a custom board but it needs a mess of bodge wiring? Or is there a miniaturized clone of John Alvarado inside every box? ?

• Haha 1

Here's a higher resolution look at the controller backs from the family trailer to the unboxing video (alternate URL).

They definitely made sure the ones in the family trailer had FCC/CE certification labels, even ID numbers and similar. This feels comparable to when they promoted their technology as patented but the patents filed had never been approved and in fact were eventually denied. We know from their own engineer(s) and the FCC database that they never formally passed certification.

Amico-FCC.thumb.jpg.1702128fc7b82f0a88c4e64014f1b4b1.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Here's a higher resolution look at the controller backs from the family trailer to the unboxing video (alternate URL).

They definitely made sure the ones in the family trailer had FCC/CE certification labels, even ID numbers and similar. This feels comparable to when they promoted their technology as patented but the patents filed had never been approved and in fact were eventually denied. We know from their own engineer(s) and the FCC database that they never formally passed certification.

Amico-FCC.thumb.jpg.1702128fc7b82f0a88c4e64014f1b4b1.jpg

I see the logo, right?

But I won't pretend to understand that in terms of:

The FCC logo shall only be used on a product that has been tested, evaluated, and found to be compliant in accordance with the SDoC procedures.

Section 2.5

More recent but explaining in similar fashion

Edited by number6
Added 2nd reference
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

As soon as their financials were released earlier this year, and I saw the trouble they were in, I immediately requested my refund and got it right away. Thank God I did that then, and I think more people should have done it then too because it sounds like they can’t pay anyone now. Sad. 

Did you hear about the YouTuber meeting they had to have them make videos on how to spin that it was a good thing?

I mean I knew they have been doing that since this all started, but it was nice for someone to finally publicly say it. 

• Like 4