IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

8 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

I have a different take.  It is $100

If this is changing your life, you should not have A) put a down payment in the first place. B) promised to send another $150

It is wrong that if you have asked for a refund and don't get it.  No doubt.

But really, It is a tank of gas or a week of SH!TTY Starbucks coffee.  2 or 3 days for many people I know.

The part outside of No Amico for me, is I sold off a bunch of my homebrews and rarer items to buy a new kick ass TV when Amico Launches.

I still don't have that TV yet!

Is it a blessing or a curse?  Newer TV's are better.  The 2022 lineup is almost here.   

TT is looking out for me!  He knows when the QDOLED's are going to be available and the launch will coincide. 

That's a strawman argument. How about you pay $100 for gas and the pump gives you nothing with no refund. It wouldn't be life changing but I bet you'd be upset.

Maybe you order steak and shrimp and they just come out and bring you the ticket and politely take your money and don't bring you any food?

That argument from you and others is so dumb. They took money and promised a product. They said it was 100% refundable. It doesn't matter if it's life changing or not it's a shifty thing to do and why you want to encourage that behavior is funny. And yes you are you are blaming the victims for their money being taken under false pretenses and lies.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

The best part of the video is when TT is talking and (I guess) there’s people laughing/talking behind him, so moved the camera and is like “you guys laughing? What’s going on? What’s funny?” And the dudes are like “No, no, it’s fine”. Such an awkward Michael Scott moment. It’s right before the Cornhole part.

Got a timestamp?

7 minutes ago, kevtris said:

So a little bit of fraud is OK, since it's only 100 bucks?  Multiply that fraud by a few thousand and it's still only a hundred bucks per.  no big deal.

I don't know how much starbucks you drink, but I'd hope $100 worth would last more than a week unless you're going for the world's biggest person competition.  My tank of gas lasts 4 weeks and is in the $30 range, so $100 would be around 3 months worth.

Why would you sell stuff to buy a new TV to play amico on?  those are only a few hundred bucks after all.  At least you can go to the store and buy a new TV today.

So, you drive a moped and drink herbal tea.  OK

It is certainly convenient of you to not include this  "It is wrong that if you have asked for a refund and don't get it.  No doubt."

So you don't know anyone that drinks 3+ cups of coffee a day?   Get out more.

Ah, that is why you don't buy gas!

20 gallons @ $5    is certainly not $100    Thank you for fixing my math!

Maybe I can hire you to fill my tank!  Save me $70 buck a shot.  I'll split it with you.

PS. I don't drink coffee.  I just have the pleasure of knowing people that do.  I find it a little life controlling at times!  LOL

33 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

That's a strawman argument. How about you pay $100 for gas and the pump gives you nothing with no refund. It wouldn't be life changing but I bet you'd be upset.

Maybe you order steak and shrimp and they just come out and bring you the ticket and politely take your money and don't bring you any food?

That argument from you and others is so dumb. They took money and promised a product. They said it was 100% refundable. It doesn't matter if it's life changing or not it's a shifty thing to do and why you want to encourage that behavior is funny. And yes you are you are blaming the victims for their money being taken under false pretenses and lies.

I never said it was ok or encouraged such behavior.

But you read the parts you like and skip what you don't like. 

I am simply saying, I am out $100 like many others.  I am not crying about it.

In the grand scheme of things, this does not change my life.  If it did, I was a fool to wasting that money if the console released or not.

I am not blaming victims, I am tired of people bitching for the sake of bitching!     

What about their employees they had to lay off, they have to be paid.  What about the people to whom they owe Amicos, they have an obligation to get them manufactured.  What about the investors, they have an obligation to do what's best for the company.  They're out of money, people have to deal with that reality.

5 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

What I don't understand is why they position the dpad/disc at the top instead of the bottom like the Switch or Wii controllers would?!  You would think that is the most logical way to play a motion controlled game.  Even the Amico couldn't get that simple part of it right.  At this point, they are truly the "Charlie Brown" of modern video games.  They kill everything they touch!

Typically with Amico games you can reverse the controller to the player's preference.  In this case they intend to use the disc as the throw release button, so it's at the top.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

The best part of the video is when TT is talking and (I guess) there’s people laughing/talking behind him, so moved the camera and is like “you guys laughing? What’s going on? What’s funny?” And the dudes are like “No, no, it’s fine”. Such an awkward Michael Scott moment. It’s right before the Cornhole part.

Right on the Money!!  This comment made me laugh.   (I hope ya don't mind I responded to the below question since I'd just seen it :)

43 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Got a timestamp?

Try this:  15:39

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

What about their employees they had to lay off, they have to be paid.  What about the people they owe Amicos, they have an obligation to get them manufactured.  What about the investors, they have an obligation to do what's best for the company.  They're out of money, people have to deal with that reality.

Wait!  Who are you and how'd you get into mr_me's computer? 

This is what we've been saying.  Maybe if they'd prioritized differently and worked on the console and games FIRST and not worried about the seemingly extravagant office building, the custom Running Man sign, the Ferrari parking signs, the multiple employees (presumably all on the payroll), time spent wasted arguing with random strangers on the internet, the chrome and neon that looks flashy, but may have cost (quite) a bit, etc....To say nothing of other mismanagement and missteps with regards to spending on parts, etc.,  Maybe they wouldn't be out of money...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What's so extravagant about their office?  You could argue they grew too fast, but it's hard to say looking from the outside.  What's done is done and they have a lot of obligations besides some $100 refunds.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mr_me said:

What's so extravagant about their office?  You could argue they grew too fast, but it's hard to say looking from the outside.  What's done is done and they have a lot of obligations besides some $100 refunds.

For one, the price was extravagant.  And they had 2 offices. 

Why are people giving them a pass on the refunds people are not getting?  Shameful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

People making excuses for not giving refunds.  That is an inexcusable action. 

I agree, but wanted to know who that is/are?

I guess if you miss entire sentences from posts, you will find many.  But this isn't fox news is it?

Edited by 1980gamer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Maybe its Stockholm's Syndrome. 

• Haha 2

Hey listen Guys.  Intellivision Entertainment can very well turn this whole thing around. The light is darkest before the dawn.

It really comes down to getting the Amico console released, sales coming in, people that was never refunded will likely just go ahead and purchase the console. If Amico releases Ill pick one up. I bet a ton of haters will as well, to own a piece of gaming history. Remember there is no such thing as bad publicity! 

All this convo will be a footnote. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Rev said:

Words are important.

He said "I don't want to ask anyone", not "I will not ask anyone"

Added: I also note same vid "I want to make it 100% completely refundable".

Reread posts on semantics.

Edited by number6
Removed quote box & added reference

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Wait!  Who are you and how'd you get into mr_me's computer? 

This is what we've been saying.  Maybe if they'd prioritized differently and worked on the console and games FIRST and not worried about the seemingly extravagant office building, the custom Running Man sign, the Ferrari parking signs, the multiple employees (presumably all on the payroll), time spent wasted arguing with random strangers on the internet, the chrome and neon that looks flashy, but may have cost (quite) a bit, etc....To say nothing of other mismanagement and missteps with regards to spending on parts, etc.,  Maybe they wouldn't be out of money...

Covid restrictions and the kick-down effect of throwing manufacturing and shipping into complete chaos globally made for a tough two years for pretty much everyone.

During this time Intellivision had to operate with no real income, that is why they ran out of money. You still have to pay your hardware and software designers for work they are doing, even if you are unable to manufacture.

As to the refunds, it does suck that they are unable to process any more refunds. But again; they have had no income. No money means no refunds.

I have spent 100$ on worse things then a FE reservation. I also still have hopes that it will eventually release. I am still waiting on Space Venture as well. Now that is a long wait!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tavi said:

Covid restrictions and the kick-down effect of throwing manufacturing and shipping into complete chaos globally made for a tough two years for pretty much everyone.

During this time Intellivision had to operate with no real income, that is why they ran out of money. You still have to pay your hardware and software designers for work they are doing, even if you are unable to manufacture.

As to the refunds, it does suck that they are unable to process any more refunds. But again; they have had no income. No money means no refunds.

I have spent 100$ on worse things then a FE reservation. I also still have hopes that it will eventually release. I am still waiting on Space Venture as well. Now that is a long wait!

Since mid-2020, well into the pandemic, they have raised over $11m from investment crowdfunding, so "had no income", while technically correct, is entirely beside the point. With $11m funding coming in *after* the pandemic was in full swing, why couldn't they guarantee the $540k of customer deposits like they repeatedly said they would? The excuse-making just encourages continued bad behavior. Not honoring deposits is not okay for any reason.

Edited by gaterooze_ink
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

Since mid-2020, well into the pandemic, they have raised over $11m from investment crowdfunding, so "had no income", while technically correct, is entirely beside the point. With $11m funding coming in *after* the pandemic was in full swing, why couldn't they guarantee the $540k of customer deposits like they repeatedly said they would? The excuse-making just encourages continued bad behavior. Not honoring deposits is not okay for any reason.

Wasnt it publicly stated preorder deposits was to be in escrow?   Or am I mis-remembering?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Wasnt it publicly stated preorder deposits was to be in escrow?   Or am I mis-remembering?

I don't think so.  I think all the evidence posted for that has been Tommy flapping his yap about how other companies should have money in escrow, but I've not seen anyone post evidence of them saying that golden rule applied to them, too.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rev said:

Republic/Fig revenue share investments were in escrow until the campaign closed.

36 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

It's not surprising that a manufacturer uses that money to build the product.  That's not bad behaviour.  Hopefully they refund those that requested them as they said they would.  Giving your money to a startup is not without risk.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Razzie.P said:

I don't think so.  I think all the evidence posted for that has been Tommy flapping his yap about how other companies should have money in escrow, but I've not seen anyone post evidence of them saying that golden rule applied to them, too.

Many things didnt apply to them apparently…….like honor and ethics.

• Like 4