IGNORED

Welcome to the updated forum! Please read!

Albert

10 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

No, sometimes it works. After retrying a few times.

image.thumb.png.41929f41e592677f4c31e5bdcaa5b237.png

Thanks for that. 

This is something that will certainly be fixed once I can get Elasticsearch running, I'll see if I can get that done this week.  I will ask Invision about this as well, as obviously that should not happen.  I am guessing that if a query is taking too long, they show that page after 'x' seconds (or if a page in general is just taking too long to load, but this is almost always related to slow database queries).

..Al

10 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Thanks.

BTW: How can I delete custom activity streams?

While viewing the stream, click on the Stream Options button in the upper-right:

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 1.57.56 PM.png

And click "Remove this stream".

8 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Does this exist for the default theme too? Can't find the button.

image.thumb.png.a7c5ff5028dc15b21e79676ca9289856.png

No, that's part of that particular third-party theme.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Oh, and the (slow) search results are buggy too:

image.thumb.png.ce6f6684f3bfb2ede49964fb5ac851f7.png

Nice, I'll report that as a bug.

..Al

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

While viewing the stream, click on the Stream Options button in the upper-right:

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

Nice, I'll report that as a bug.

You can add that I had definitely read these blog posts before.

BTW: I am still getting double mail notifications.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

58 minutes ago, Albert said:

This is something that will certainly be fixed once I can get Elasticsearch running, I'll see if I can get that done this week.

The search is much faster when I remove "Content I follow". As if there is no index on it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Mine and Thomas’s just above.

8C8DD71E-C4A2-4490-A3E8-A2DEF570A512.thumb.png.fec10a27f63545e0a0ba14a100c2c9fc.png

It seems all transparent images show up as not transparent on Safari mobile.

Ahh, that's interesting, as they are shown against a darker background, whereas in the desktop view they are against white.  They do appear to be transparent .PNG images, so I'm not sure why they are displaying like that.  Could be due to the forum scaling them for the mobile view.  I'll need to ask the theme designer about that.  I have a whole bunch of things to write up regarding the mobile skin as well.

..Al

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Albert said:

Ahh, that's interesting, as they are shown against a darker background, whereas in the desktop view they are against white.  They do appear to be transparent .PNG images, so I'm not sure why they are displaying like that.  Could be due to the forum scaling them for the mobile view.  I'll need to ask the theme designer about that.  I have a whole bunch of things to write up regarding the mobile skin as well.

..Al

Even with the dark mode on desktop they are clearly transparent, so something seems different about mobile. Or at least Safari Mobile.

If you/they can do anything about reclaiming vertical space on the forum list and giving more space to recent topics you would have even more of my undying gratitude :D 

C38D916E-811C-474C-831D-5D954004101C.thumb.png.0d7cc9a69c5dc5f37afb1413f76e3612.png

I am having a problem on my Android phone with Firefox for about the last week. It was working fine after the upgrade but now it doesn't work correctly. Almost every time I click any link it will try to load for about a minute and then just stay on the original page like I never clicked the link. Every once in a while it will work but 99% it doesn't work.

Mitch

4 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I am having a problem on my Android phone with Firefox for about the last week. It was working fine after the upgrade but now it doesn't work correctly. Almost every time I click any link it will try to load for about a minute and then just stay on the original page like I never clicked the link. Every once in a while it will work but 99% it doesn't work.

Mitch

That's really strange, as there's nothing unusual with the links.  Maybe try clearing your browser cache?  If you can clear it just for AtariAge.com, obviously that's better than doing it for all sites you visit, but I'm not sure what would cause that odd behavior.  Has the page fully loaded when you try to click the links?

..Al

I figured out why it is intermittent. If I am on Wi-Fi, it works fine. If I am on Cellular (Verizon) it has problems. I don't have problems on any other web sites, just AtariAge. I am going to try using a different browser and see if it makes a difference.

Mitch