IGNORED

Binary Parasite evolution

matosimi

4 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

By all means feel free to not request a copy if it causes you distress.

Nah, I'll probably go with "Gun Fired at Intervals of 1 Minute"; however I do find the "Smoke" and "Continuous Fog Horn" options rather tempting. Tough decision...

2120592747_distresssignals.thumb.jpg.07c60f95fccb52ca539733ea2713d4a6.jpg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, MrFish said:

What's next, a text adventure where you have to avoid being shot while typing? :D

https://www.freegameplanet.com/vessel-blue-downloadable-game/

Vessel Blue is a first person survival horror game where you solve puzzles on a computer while defending yourself from a killer pumpkin monster.

Edited by ggn

On 6/3/2023 at 10:53 AM, Peri Noid said:

I'm at #13. And i'm starting to hate the game. The difficulty level twist between #10 and the rest is simply cruel and makes the game unbalanced. The worst thing is this... something traversing the border, shooting at the character too often. I really hate it. I bet majority of players will not see all the funny stuff because they will give up earlier due to anger. A pitty 😞

But I'll still give it a try anyway.

Will give it a try and if it is too hard and frustrating, I will do what I always do: Play it once and then never again!

Thats my revenge on A8 games that are too hard or frustrating - I never play them again.

Maybe I should create a folder (NVAG - never again or just FU) for such A8 games ?  This would be filled fast with several A8 entries...  ;-)

The game isn't that tough though, I made it pretty far all things considered and only stopped playing because of a key combo making Altirra stop it for me. That's what I get for being impatient and using emulation instead of waiting to play on real hardware at home.

The game doesn't send scary dwelling creatures after you, it's not like

If you aren't careful, you could also be eaten by a Grue! or something, but don't put it past them...

So keep moving and stay out of those dark places!

Edited by _The Doctor__

17 minutes ago, ascrnet said:

after reading all the comments only one thing is clear to me they never played Jumpman Junior 😅

Actually, Jumpman Junior is one of my top all-time games. I mastered it back in the day: reaching infinite play on a single game, and finally just tiring of playing the levels over and over in that session (goes to random levels after passing the 12th, final). I Loved everything about that game, and still do.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, MrFish said:

Actually, Jumpman Junior is one of my top all-time games. I mastered it back in the day: reaching infinite play on a single game, and finally just tiring of playing the levels over and over in that session (goes to random levels after passing the 12th, final). I Loved everything about that game, and still do.

Perfect, then you are a master at dodging the shots for this game you will have no problem as it is a little slower. 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ascrnet said:

Perfect, then you are a master at dodging the shots for this game you will have no problem as it is a little slower. 😉

I wasn't having a problem playing it. It's just not my kind of game once it gets into the shooting; I was enjoying it before that. But I'll try the updated version that he plans on releasing; I might like that more.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 8:00 AM, llabnip said:

Stuck at L11... I need a hint as I'm going about this wrong. I can create the box needed to get to the middle platforms but I'm stuck as now I can't really do anything else with an accumulated value of 16. I tried to coax the death-bullet into knocking it off the 16 but that doesn't work and I can't seem to get that bit-box past the 16 without triggering the 16-box.

image.png.fe11becdd14dbff8d604e4b36185dd42.png

you must jump between the towers and climb the blocks in the order 1, 2 and 4. 8 and 16 are traps. 😆

4 hours ago, MrFish said:

I wasn't having a problem playing it. It's just not my kind of game once it gets into the shooting; I was enjoying it before that. But I'll try the updated version that he plans on releasing; I might like that more.

to wait then. 😉

I like the game and on CRT it's quite fun, on LCD the shots are a little tough, maybe a cue of some kind can help those that have trouble keeping track of it, like the bullet pulses bright or sparkles for a jiffie or two as it first fires. Playing at PAL speeds makes it easier as well, Hopefully NTSC colors and speed correction will make it into an update.

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I like the game and on CRT it's quite fun, on LCD the shots are a little tough, maybe a cue of some kind can help those that have trouble keeping track of it, like the bullet pulses bright or sparkles for a jiffie or two as it first fires. Playing at PAL speeds makes it easier as well, Hopefully NTSC colors and speed correction will make it into an update.

What I've found is that I can usually track where the bullet will fire from without too much difficulty and plan to avoid it (nice reference to the Sparx in Qix, BTW), but it's usually my own ham-fistedness with moving the boxes that gets me caught out.  FWIW, I'm LCD-only for the moment until I can get my 1084S up and running again, so LCD settings may come into play.

I like the game, but it is unforgiving.  The upside of that is that once you figure out how something is meant to be solved, there's a lot of 'oh, right, that's how it's done...' before you move on to the next level, which is generally pretty satisfying.

6 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I'm not sure what do you mean. Speed adjustments and color adjustments are already there for NTSC. Did you expect that it can adapt automatically when you are switching pal/ntsc online in emulator??

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Binary Parasite on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

WATCH AT 1080p60 FOR BEST QUALITY

• Like 2

I have a technical problem with #14. It's not that difficult, except at certain moment one has to jump over a box but there's so little place that the box gets pushed and falls. And then you're doomed. It's the very end of a long level so if I f*** It, I have to repeat all over again. And I wonder if there's a way to do it. 

19 minutes ago, Peri Noid said:

And I wonder if there's a way to do it. 

Yes, there is a way.

Spoiler

To get over the boxes you have to jump more than once (and fast).

After you got over the box(es) remember it is a puzzle game so bring your mind to a different level. 😉

Edited by patjomki
  • Like 2

Still on 14 here, but haven't played in a couple of days.  FWIW, the sticking point on that level for me is moving the boxes without knocking them off the edge.  I know what needs to be done, but just haven't developed the coordination for it yet.

7 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Still on 14 here, but haven't played in a couple of days.  FWIW, the sticking point on that level for me is moving the boxes without knocking them off the edge.  I know what needs to be done, but just haven't developed the coordination for it yet.

That's exactly my problem too, I mentioned it above.