IGNORED

Binary Parasite evolution

matosimi

level 17 is very difficult to move the blocks at the ends I had a whole afternoon to pass the level. 😅

image.png.0a6d57d713751a8fc70db08f09768821.png

7 hours ago, patjomki said:

Please be careful with posting screenshots as they contain level passwords.

are we in confidence or not ? 😅

Yup level 17 is where I simply am done with the game. You can slowly pull the block over but at this point things are just sadistic, not worth further attention.

The game does need some balance, slowly adding the frequency of the shot might help but level 17 just feels like a kill level. The return on tedium at that point is just to low. I was suffering through using emulation with a keyboard. Real hardware with a joystick might make it easier but I doubt by much, maybe just enough to get one more level.

This is an excellent game, just needs some tweaks IMHO

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

I haven't played the game yet, but I am enjoying the banter about it. I gotta say when I saw comments about LCD lag being an issue it made me laugh, since I'm sure my 67 year old human lag trumps that :lolblue:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ascrnet said:

I am already at level 20.

l20m.png.a5f8c944173dd7f2235d2cf7bf25a415.png

l18 it is recommended to use the calculator in programmer mode and l19 patience and practice.🤫

maybe in the future a version with a second button to pick and drop the blocks as you like. 🙃

I like your dedication to win the game.

This level with jumpman junior character was originally level 10, but i received (guess what?) negative feedback, that the level is too hard to introduce the projectile... So i reordered levels and it landed on number 20.

Regarding level 18, that one is very hard, it will be easier in the upcoming final version..  all the buttons and goals will be the same, but each sub-goal reached will modify the level and guide the player more...so some buttons will be out of reach because in current version there are many many possible button combinations that even doing brute force is almost impossible.

1 hour ago, matosimi said:

I like your dedication to win the game.

I was struck by the fact that everyone mentions the devilish difficulty of your game. 😆

1 hour ago, matosimi said:

This level with jumpman junior character was originally level 10, but i received (guess what?) negative feedback, that the level is too hard to introduce the projectile... So i reordered levels and it landed on number 20.

Regarding level 18, that one is very hard, it will be easier in the upcoming final version..  all the buttons and goals will be the same, but each sub-goal reached will modify the level and guide the player more...so some buttons will be out of reach because in current version there are many many possible button combinations that even doing brute force is almost impossible.

I didn't find it difficult, the one that is difficult and desperate is level 17 where the two blocks are in the corners and it is very difficult to move them to start solving the level.

tip for l20, use the edges of the platforms to jump without touching the blocks. 🤫

now go to l21 😄

l21m.png.2ad1c6c2f20285531a5d0d7eeb209fe8.png

so the revision 154 is ready...

- couple design tweaks to some levels

- easier level 18 

- training mode (no shooting) - offered after you receive 2 shots in a row without moving from starting position

- return to title screen - offered when restarting level (joy down+fire or esc) when standing at starting position

I will perform some additional tests tomorrow and publish the new release afterwards... my expectation is around noon CEST.

[video-to-gif output image]

Just a side note, you can return to the title screen during gameplay by pressing shift+esc or start+select+option.

Also, in case you are not good with the joystick or you don't have one (e.g. scamed by unithor) you can play with the keyboard WASD+shift or arrows+shift.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, matosimi said:

I will perform some additional tests tomorrow and publish the new release afterwards... my expectation is around noon CEST.

a weird bug has been found, not yet solved ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ascrnet said:

sorry i can't play without shooting, i like to be on the edge of retrying. 😆 

You already know there are some levels where shot can be absorbed by the black hole, otherwise it would be impossible to win.

18 hours ago, matosimi said:

You already know there are some levels where shot can be absorbed by the black hole, otherwise it would be impossible to win.

sure, but bullets are already my friends on a level without them I miss them. 😆

we seem to be repeating themes from previous levels 😅

l29m.png.301dcca773c78f7704065df96603aae3.png

5 hours ago, ascrnet said:

@matosimi

I don't understand why the portal doesn't open if it is 65 or am I too blind? 😅

l30_5m.png.1c81fb42a9285401aab06f33b2a1ce38.png

ugh, I'm truly sorry, this is a bug in the level visual. The winning value is supposed to be 63, not 65. However based on your screenshots I assume you are playing in the emulator... hopefully you have a save-state, so you won't need to play the endpart again from the scratch.

Unfortunately this error was introduced in rev122 16.april.

Fixed rev156 has been released at the main download page, info about the revision: http://matosimi.websupport.sk/atari/2023/06/binary-parasite-rev156/

• Like 2

12 hours ago, matosimi said:

ugh, I'm truly sorry, this is a bug in the level visual. The winning value is supposed to be 63, not 65. However based on your screenshots I assume you are playing in the emulator... hopefully you have a save-state, so you won't need to play the endpart again from the scratch.

Unfortunately this error was introduced in rev122 16.april.

Fixed rev156 has been released at the main download page, info about the revision: http://matosimi.websupport.sk/atari/2023/06/binary-parasite-rev156/

no problem, I just needed the exact number. if I play from the emulator as the 5 levels at the end take time because the screen is smaller, more accurate shots at you and must make more combinations with the blocks to unlock access. 😄

then_end.png.cfb580a7983613315cdd7e7ee948b13c.png

Game Over !!!! 😜

12 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

save states are cheatating. Real hardware no freezer, hang tough!

when you reach the last 5 levels you will understand. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1