IGNORED

Atari 8-Bit/5200 Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2023

15 minutes ago, +Adam+ said:

James, I don't quite understand why every year so many finished games are in "WIP" category on your list, maybe the creators just don't read this thread or they don't realise that a game in such status would be ignored in the competition.

And in some cases it's quite clear that a new version is not planned:

For example "Night Knight" - @LarsImNetz wrote in April here on AAge: "The game is finished. I submitted it to the ABBUC Contest 2023" and later he published the ABBUC version...

@amarok has recently published a "making of" video for Time Wizard. I think there won't be a new version created. 

Also 99% of 256 byte games are not developed further after the demoparty they were presented ;) 

Thanks for the heads up on Night Knight, I'll update that game to completed!

I do my best to find when the developer declares the game "finished", "completed", "final" but unless it's explicitly stated publicly I'm not going to make the assumption they're finished their development of the game. I've gotten WAAAAAAAAAY more flack when I put the game in the Completed category accidentally than when I've left it in WIP.

Thanks to people like yourself pointing out when a game is miscategorized I'm able to keep the lists as accurate as possible, thank you! Let me know if you run across any other games that are in the WIP that have been declared completed! 🙂

Tomorrow is the first day for the Nomination Committee to vote so hopefully the list is accurate as I posted a notification a couple of weeks ago calling for any corrections.

- James

• Like 1

10 hours ago, +Adam+ said:

@amarok has recently published a "making of" video for Time Wizard. I think there won't be a new version created. 

Thank you very much for pointing out! You are completely right - Time Wizard is finished and I don't plan to modify the game.

• Thanks 1

"DotA" - @matosimi has just wrote me: "it can be considered finished".

Regarding "Inertia", "Tupouni" (it's NOT "Tupounti"!) and "Plan B Part 2 Mission Unlikely", all by @Fandal: I cannot recall any of his game from last years that wouldn't be released already as final. I asked him and he has just replied:
"Yes, all these games are finished. I never release WIP versions."

"Morsowanie - Level BASIC" by Krzyś is also a completed game.

Edited by +Adam+
errors
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, amarok said:

Thank you very much for pointing out! You are completely right - Time Wizard is finished and I don't plan to modify the game.

Thank you for the updated info! I've moved your game to completed. 🙂

10 hours ago, +Adam+ said:

In a private message @tebe has confirmed that the release of "Block Attack" was final. 

9 hours ago, +Adam+ said:

"DotA" - @matosimi has just wrote me: "it can be considered finished".

Regarding "Inertia", "Tupouni" (it's NOT "Tupounti"!) and "Plan B Part 2 Mission Unlikely", all by @Fandal: I cannot recall any of his game from last years that wouldn't be released already as final. I asked him and he has just replied:
"Yes, all these games are finished. I never release WIP versions."

Excellent, thank you so much for doing the leg work to get the most accurate information possible for these games! I've corrected the spelling of Tupouni and moved the above five games to completed. I will strive to remember that @Fandal only releases completed games but hopefully someone will call me out if I put one in WIP as there are hundreds of games a year I catalogue. 🙂

9 hours ago, +Adam+ said:

"Morsowanie - Level BASIC" by Krzyś is also a completed game.

Do you have a link where they have posted that or have PM'd Krzyś to confirm this?

- James

Moved to Completed:

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

a link where they have posted that or have PM'd Krzyś to confirm this?

I have PM'ed him. Krzyś also confirmed that his another game "Skarb Piratów" (which means Pirates Treasure) is completed.

• Thanks 1

Regarding "Dude Story": @Mq. the author, was determined to finish the game in 2023 - and so he did on December 31th and in his words this is the final version. After a few days he also prepared an English version, but the gameplay was not modified.

The future versions of "Dude Story" in his words will be more like "service packs" (for example bug fixes), the gameplay should remain the same.

The source: AtariOnline thread and then he explained some details to me in a PM.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, +Adam+ said:

Regarding "Dude Story": @Mq. the author, was determined to finish the game in 2023 - and so he did on December 31th and in his words this is the final version. After a few days he also prepared an English version, but the gameplay was not modified.

The future versions of "Dude Story" in his words will be more like "service packs" (for example bug fixes), the gameplay should remain the same.

The source: AtariOnline thread and then he explained some details to me in a PM.

Thanks for the clarification, he also declared the Dec 31, 2023 Polish Version to be the final one in this post. I've moved it to completed! 🙂

- James

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2024 at 6:57 AM, +Adam+ said:

Ink Spill is a completed game (PM from @popmilo), and also "Bohater Ery Burzy" (PM from @mgr_inz_rafal).

Thank you again for the updated information! I tag the developers when I put their games into the list so they can correct any errors/omissions, they may have missed the alert.

- James

Moved to Completed:

@Kaz atarionline.pl told me that the latest "Gold Diggers" version is final (via PM).

And that's it, I'm not going to ask more creators regarding their 2023 games, although somehow I feel that latest corrections are probably just the tip of an iceberg ;) 

As you may see in "Enduro" thread, it's not so easy to receive a reply from a creator via AAge.

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2024 at 3:13 PM, +Adam+ said:

@Kaz atarionline.pl told me that the latest "Gold Diggers" version is final (via PM).

And that's it, I'm not going to ask more creators regarding their 2023 games, although somehow I feel that latest corrections are probably just the tip of an iceberg ;) 

As you may see in "Enduro" thread, it's not so easy to receive a reply from a creator via AAge.

Thank you so much again for reaching out to the developers whose games you think might be completed, you've definitely gone above and beyond. 🙂

- James

Moved to Completed:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Salmax said:

Dear James, this is the latest but not the last version of theGoldDiggers1.2.xex game. Graphics of game completion and unsuccessful board completion will also be added to the game. Regards, Salmax.

Thank you so much for the update Salmax! I've updated the game listing on the 2024 list.

- James