• Thanks 1

Moved to Completed:

Updated WIP:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrFish said:

Not from 2023, but I wonder if you have seen these two before:

Druidarium (blast 'em patformer -- with lots of levels) [2018]

Hister Hoppe (endless runner/jumper -- with nice graphics) [2019]

Thank you so much for the suggestions @MrFish! I just played a bit of both and they're both excellent and as they should be as they're from incredible developers. I'll add them to upcoming an stream for A8! 🙂

- James

21 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thank you so much for the suggestions @MrFish! I just played a bit of both and they're both excellent and as they should be as they're from incredible developers. I'll add them to upcoming an stream for A8!

No problem. I guess you noticed already that they're both PAL only.

Druidarium was supposed to be developed further, but nothing has come of it up to this point. There's a thread where the author makes an appearance and discusses future plans and so forth, here: Druidarium - 2nd Place at Silly Venture 2018

Later in the thread there was discussion about a hack someone had done to improve the skeleton (I think a link is posted for it there too). The person also added a color change for enemy sprites when you get to the second area of the first level (I don't recall if it appears in other levels or not).

Towards the end of the thread I posted my hack of the the hacked version too, where I edited the skeleton more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2023 at 8:24 PM, MrFish said:

No problem. I guess you noticed already that they're both PAL only.

Druidarium was supposed to be developed further, but nothing has come of it up to this point. There's a thread where the author makes an appearance and discusses future plans and so forth, here: Druidarium - 2nd Place at Silly Venture 2018

Later in the thread there was discussion about a hack someone had done to improve the skeleton (I think a link is posted for it there too). The person also added a color change for enemy sprites when you get to the second area of the first level (I don't recall if it appears in other levels or not).

Towards the end of the thread I posted my hack of the the hacked version too, where I edited the skeleton more.

PAL is no problem at all, once I started playing games on the stream I quickly noticed I needed to get a PAL system. Right now I'm running an 800XL PAL modded with VBXE & U1MB and using AVGCart and FujiNet which pretty much covers all the bases. 🙂

Thank you so much for the links to the additional info that I can talk about on the stream when we play them!

- James

18 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

PAL is no problem at all, once I started playing games on the stream I quickly noticed I needed to get a PAL system. Right now I'm running an 800XL PAL modded with VBXE & U1MB and using AVGCart and FujiNet which pretty much covers all the bases. 🙂

Yeah, you'll miss out if you don't have some way to play PAL games. Altirra works great for me ATM; I've owned some PAL systems in the past.

18 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thank you so much for the links to the additional info that I can talk about on the stream when we play them!

I searched your Youtube channel, and I didn't recall seeing you mention either of them in your threads before either. I've had a lot of fun playing them both.

• Like 1

Updated Physical Release:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Updated WIP:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Added to WIP:

Rotor has been released on the Abbuc disks of issue 154, just like every other entry of the Abbuc Software Contest. A physical release of the enhanced version "Rotor II" (with a.o. 1 player mode and more levels) will be available at the Abbuc meeting on October 28th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

Rotor has been released on the Abbuc disks of issue 154, just like every other entry of the Abbuc Software Contest. A physical release of the enhanced version "Rotor II" (with a.o. 1 player mode and more levels) will be available at the Abbuc meeting on October 28th.

Thanks for the update @Fred_M! Very looking forward to playing it when it's released to the general public, looks like a fun game. Awesome news about a physical release as well, I'll keep my eyes open for that too! 🙂

- James

• Like 1

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Added to WIP:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Moved to Physical Release:

Updated Physical Release:

Moved to Completed:

• A/W/A Anthology (A8 & 5200) by Robert Anschuetz @rra, Eric Anschuetz @eea, John Weisgerber @jjw | Final Binaries (Various Dates in 2021) | Declared Complete: Various Dates in 2021 | NOTE: Compilation of 14 Games Previously Completed in 2021: Alien Assault, Kooky Diver, Kooky Klimber, Kooky's Quest, Night Rescue, Overflow, Phoenix, Piracy, Piracy II, Ramses'     [ref]

Added to WIP:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Not completely correct ;-)

The original Rotor (version 1) is part of the Abbuc Software Contest and will not get a physical release.

Rotor II is an enhanced version with 3 more levels, mouse support (the best controller to play this game), demo mode and 1 player mode. Rotor II will be physically released in a limited number and will only be available at the Abbuc Meeting on October 28th.

Video Rotor:

Video Rotor II:

Physical edition:

AfbeeldingvanWhatsAppop2023-10-19om19_05.29_ce1eea1c.thumb.jpg.753d32d6b484a06ed37ccadf5d6795db.jpg

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2023 at 4:32 AM, Fred_M said:

Not completely correct ;-)

The original Rotor (version 1) is part of the Abbuc Software Contest and will not get a physical release.

Rotor II is an enhanced version with 3 more levels, mouse support (the best controller to play this game), demo mode and 1 player mode. Rotor II will be physically released in a limited number and will only be available at the Abbuc Meeting on October 28th.

Thank you so much for the correction to the listing, I definitely want my information to be as accurate as possible. 🙂 I've updated the list with your additional information!

- James

• Thanks 1