IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Off-topic question: I have the chance to purchase a TI 980 (the TI 990 is the successor), and I might get it just for the heck of it. I have a Silent 700 and an early 70s Texas Instruments printer that I could connect to it. It's just the big box with a backplane and power supply, and it's loaded with cards. I have no clue what to offer the guy.

Does anyone have any idea what something like this is worth?

Contact him via http://www.cozx.com/dpitts/ti990.html - e-mail address at the bottom of the page.

Have you tried asking your wife, see how much she thinks it's worth? ;-)

When the wife notices your latest acquisition:

"What, that computer/ham radio/misc boat anchor ? That's been there for years." Practice in front of a mirror until you can keep a straight face.

• Like 6

So how'd your day begin?

Mine went something like this..

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10207095472017173&id=1592441926

That's crazy, but what I want to know is how did they know to poop in the sink? I mean, that's seriously close to doing it in the right place. They could have done it anywhere in that office and yet the actually used the bathroom. Raccoons are pretty derned smart!

My boss was just this morning retelling the story of how a raccoon was coming in their dog door at night and eating the dogs food just feet from the sleeping dog. So the next night they put the little sliding cover on the inside that just slides down from the top and blocks the dog door. She said her son got up in the middle of the night and actually saw the raccoon slide his little paws under the block and lift it up in order to get in.

Rasmus Vorticon,

Do you own a cat? :skull:

No, 3 dogs though! :-D

BTW, my avatar has raised more than a few eyebrows among my medical colleagues he he... For me it represents the motto of facing life head on and enjoying all it has to offer without cares for others' judgments or opinions, while keeping everything in moderation. I am not insane, just adventurous :)

I'm not sure if any of you know this but I'm also developing another game for android. Actually, it's out in the play store for 99c or Free with Ad Support (between levels only).

I think I've been around and active long enough that this doesn't come off as some selfish plug. I think you guys would enjoy this physics based adventure. It's one complete world in 3 completely different play modes. World 2 is a work in progress (on hold for a bit while I play with Zombi) and a total of 3 worlds will complete this facet of the story.

I call it. Jouncey.
Like Bouncey but with a J.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.SYMMLLC.JounceyFree

For those who like to read more in depth about it - here's an slightly outdated PDF about the game.

Jounceyv0188.pdf

Here's an early concept commercial animation I created.

And this is the actual promo video.
Besides the music and haptics I made everything. The art, code, design, etc...

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 2