IGNORED

RTO - my "production" take on the multicart

5-11under

What i can tell you about my experience with a Backbit. Every game file is different. Some .bin files need to be converted to .rom and you need the .cfg with it. Some .bin files do not need to be converted and play as is without a cfg. I think .ecs was created so the backbit could run games that needed bank switching. While i'm a big fan of my Backbit, it's not perfect. Some work needs to be done to get games working. Some games i had to convert from .rom to .bin then convert again to .ecs (I don't mind since i'm having fun messing with it)

I know this doesn't answer your question about the RTO. 

@RockLobster it seems you can use Google but not a Forum... Please read a bit about Forum logic and nétiquette, search options, off topics and PM. 

I found here all the information needed to built the RTO multicart, if you can't understand the difference from backbit and rto (or rto version by 5-11under) after were written tons of pages, it's not my fault! 

On 8/13/2023 at 7:05 AM, aotta said:

i meant it was funny from you, you get my hardware and software, rewrite the schematic with SMD chips instead of THT (i could make it in ten minutes), didn't left my name on the label and are going to sell a product without my permission (and i won't give you it if you won't put it opensource as from Github license), letting you and your future buyers in an unlawful situation.

Others who are building the RTO don't stop thanking me and giving me gifts, you ask me not to post on your thread? it seems really insulting or at least ungrateful of you.

It's over 6 months you are working at "your production" of RTO, and no ETA is given... i'm afraid it's that that may confusing people.

@aotta it seems you can code but not manage brand management... Please read a bit about brand definition, public perception, customer engagement, partner channel leveraging and PM.

I found social interactions IRL all the information needed to build a well adjusted life, if you can't understand the difference between expanding and hurting RTO (unlike @5-11under who knows how to engage us) after tons of pages, it's not my fault!

(Should I build an RTO, thank you and send you gifts? I promise not to be insulting or ungrateful.)

2 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

@aotta it seems you can code but not manage brand management... Please read a bit about brand definition, public perception, customer engagement, partner channel leveraging and PM.

I found social interactions IRL all the information needed to build a well adjusted life, if you can't understand the difference between expanding and hurting RTO (unlike @5-11under who knows how to engage us) after tons of pages, it's not my fault!

(Should I build an RTO, thank you and send you gifts? I promise not to be insulting or ungrateful.)

I'm here to share my retrocomputer's passion with other enthusiast, not for selling something. And, for sure, i don't have to answer you (even if you name me several times with @ or increasing the voice with bold or capitalized letters) : if you don't want to waste your time reading, why should do i in summarizing posts for you? I simply pointed you to the right topic (where some good guy found time to recap things to you) but you didn't like it.
I continue suggesting you to read and study this forum, you'll learn much about this great console. And, i'll stop answering you, especially in this thread, we both spammed the 5-11under topic too much.

I'm not sure if I mentioned, but a batch of boards was ordered I think it was Monday night.

I also got some great "wall of games" pictures from @wolfy62, which is looking pretty good on the box. I need to add a couple more things, then make sure the template fits the box size properly.

On a different note, I'm not a big fan of pre-orders. I'd much rather be in a situation where product is ready to ship at the time of payment. Unfortunately, though, the Teensy 4.1 is pretty expensive, so I'll probably build a batch of about 10-20, sell and mail those out, and repeat as required. That way I won't have your money while still assembling, which will keep my stress level reduced. The price will remain the "introductory" price as long as the carts are selling at a half-decent pace and I'm still in (relatively) mass production mode. If you miss out on the first batch of 10-20, hopefully it will only be a couple of weeks before more are ready.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Sorry if I missed it, how will the orders be taken? Will there be a website or any kind of reservation? Just curious. 

No reservations, no pre-orders. When I've got a batch of about 10-20 ready to mail out, I'll put them up on my website for sale, and post here. I'll repeat as necessary, until everyone who wants one has one. During these cycles, the price will remain as the "introductory" price.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

No reservations, no pre-orders. When I've got a batch of about 10-20 ready to mail out, I'll put them up on my website for sale, and post here. I'll repeat as necessary, until everyone who wants one has one. During these cycles, the price will remain as the "introductory" price.

That is awesome and thanks so much for doing this. I can't wait!

6 hours ago, 5-11under said:

Do you need any more Coleco shells? I have a bunch I can send you.

8 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Do you need any more Coleco shells? I have a bunch I can send you.

I have enough for now. I'll let you know if I ever need more.

8 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Or you could bring them to PRGE. 🤔

I'm only doing a carry-on, so I'd have to mail them anyway. ;)

16 hours ago, 5-11under said:

Cant wait this. :) what /where is your your website?

17 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

I didn't think Coleco shells would be needed in Portland but I am happy to bring a decent amount if anyone wants/needs them 👍

I thought Harvey might need them and since he's coming....but looks like he's good. 

• Like 1

Quick update:

• Finished draft versions of the artwork box top, box bottom, and manual, and got one of each printed up. There's a few issues I found, that I'll need to fix. I'll also review the overall look, etc.
  • CNCed a few tops and bottoms, and put one box top & bottom together.
  • Applied the label to the box top & bottom.
  • Waiting for the boards and cheaper parts to arrive. Hopefully most of these arrive over the next 3 weeks, approximately.
  • Need to make more boxes, of course, and CNC the holes, cut-outs, etc. for the shells.

Box top, bottom, manual. The actual looks a bit brighter than this (at least on my monitor):

image.thumb.jpeg.9a1d35a0dc3fb86d3423eea5a6101ac4.jpeg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

Quick update:

• Finished draft versions of the artwork box top, box bottom, and manual, and got one of each printed up. There's a few issues I found, that I'll need to fix. I'll also review the overall look, etc.
  • CNCed a few tops and bottoms, and put one box top & bottom together.
  • Applied the label to the box top & bottom.
  • Waiting for the boards and cheaper parts to arrive. Hopefully most of these arrive over the next 3 weeks, approximately.
  • Need to make more boxes, of course, and CNC the holes, cut-outs, etc. for the shells.

Box top, bottom, manual. The actual looks a bit brighter than this (at least on my monitor):

image.thumb.jpeg.9a1d35a0dc3fb86d3423eea5a6101ac4.jpeg

Lovely! 😍👏👏👏

• Thanks 1