IGNORED

Circus Convoy

JagChris

On 8/11/2023 at 5:44 AM, MrBeefy said:

Im not surprised by the low number of sales or them not reaching 2000. Just use Rikki and Vikki as an example. Even when just $10 on Steam the creator didn't feel it worth the time to do more based on sales. 

I bought a 7800 specifically for this game, Ricky and Vicky and a few others. When I found out you couldn't get the latter in physical I was crushed. I am not interested in emu. 

Also that number is I believe for hat collectable version only. It doesn't include other versions sold.

Edited by JagChris

On 8/10/2023 at 9:06 AM, Razzie.P said:

I got my copy today - Collector's Edition, #0672.     Which strikes me as odd now, because I see the website says "No more than 2000 of each will be sold, and if fewer than 2000 sell, at the end of two years sales are halted and no more of that Edition will ever be manufactured again."

It's been a bit more than 2 years, I think, so wonder if they decided they'd rather have the $$ instead.

The ROM doesn't seem to work on any of my flash carts, so that's a bummer, but I've been playing on emulation.   Not sure I like it enough to actually open it for "real hardware" play, so it'll likely stay sealed.  It's technically a very impressive game, but just isn't very fun for me.    For those who have opened it, does the included manual (assuming it has one) help describe items and such (like the Raiders of the Lost Ark manual) or is it just the same info on their website?

You're not gonna open it look at the goodies?

On 3/27/2023 at 9:53 AM, RevEng said:

If that's your summary, it looks like the central argument has gone completely over your head. I'm going to assume you're still arguing in good faith, and try to spell it out a little clearer...

I'm going to assume you didn't win any badges yet.

Has anyone won the 40 star badge? Or the perfect game?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Has anyone won the 40 star badge? Or the perfect game?

I have the 40 star and IIRC quite a few AtariAgers achieved it early on. My best is 82 stars. Have to admit that I got tired to trying for the perfect game and didn’t want to get it by simply watching a YouTube run through. That’s no fun for me.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JagChris said:

You're not gonna open it look at the goodies?

I dunno.  I don't really like the game much, so unless it grows on me and something just clicks, I don't really have any excitement/motivation to open it.  It's just the manual and poster, though right?  There were 2 patches in the pic on their website so I watched a couple of unboxing videos to see if they're in the box, but nobody mentioned them so I don't know what that was all about... maybe an April Fool's prank or something.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JagChris said:

I bought a 7800 specifically for this game, Ricky and Vicky and a few others. When I found out you couldn't get the latter in physical I was crushed. I am not interested in emu.

If you buy a 7800GD cart, and the Steam version of Rikki & Vikki, there’s a free utility to convert the files to play on the 7800GD using real hardware. 

• Thanks 1

Same. Received the “Thank You” patch & letter in a separate envelope with my copy of the game. The Collectors Edition also included a poster and numbered certificate of authenticity. Here’s a pic of the 40 or greater patch.

IMG_1118.jpeg

<Edit> Here’s a pic of all of the patches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

That's ... odd? It says "Only 4 left in stock" for the Collector's Edition right now, and "Only 11 left in stock" for the Standard (which is the version I bought). I don't understand why they're selling through Amazon instead of their own site but whatever, I guess. 

23 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:

What's funny is even when I help made both the box art, poster and and even the patch to this day I still never got a copy of the game. Wonder if I need to pay it?

I don't know if that was a condition of the deal, or not.  But that is indicative of superiority complex of the Audacity people and it pisses me off to hear of it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cafeman said:

I don't know if that was a condition of the deal, or not.  But that is indicative of superiority complex of the Audacity people and it pisses me off to hear of it. 

Hey, they said themselves they are no homebrewers, so they don't adhere to the usual code of conduct.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Atariboy2600 said:

What's funny is even when I help made both the box art, poster and and even the patch to this day I still never got a copy of the game. Wonder if I need to pay it?

Hi John (Atariboy2600)!  You should have received a copy of the game long ago.  I had one allocated for you.  Please PM me and I'll make sure you get it.

• Like 12

19 hours ago, Cafeman said:

This was simply an oversight.  Atariboy2600 should have received his complimentary copy long ago.  I'll make sure he receives it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1