IGNORED

Circus Convoy

JagChris

On 11/9/2023 at 8:07 PM, Atariboy2600 said:

What's funny is even when I help made both the box art, poster and and even the patch to this day I still never got a copy of the game. Wonder if I need to pay it?

If that was part of the agreement then get a hold of them and say pay up.

Its a great game and your artwork is a fantastic fit for it. Kudos.

On 2/27/2023 at 7:48 AM, JagChris said:

Who has this so far besides me?

Who doesn't have this yet and why not?

Who hasn't heard of this yet?

Thank you for sharing this, here on the 7800 thread.

I’m primarily a 7800-collector, but like to pick up the highest quality/most fun 2600-stuff too - old or new.

This one really got me interested.

Seems quite expensive, but I hope to be able to obtain a copy at the right time.

- - -  

Since this is a 7800-thread:

1) does it play flawlessly on a 7800-console?

2) do I need to order a NTSC-cart for a NTSC 7800, or PAL-cart for PAL-console…?

• Like 1

@TikiDan

May I ask if Casey’s Gold is still being planned for release?

If yes, are you free to say something about the progress (and gameplay-type)?

I got across this thread now, being mostly into the 7800 and some 5200, - but thought Circus Convoy looked really impressive for the 2600 (and plan to get it when I can).

Platform-puzzlers are cool, but so are straightforward-platformer of run ‘n gun platformers.

4 hours ago, Giles N said:

I’m primarily a 7800-collector, but like to pick up the highest quality/most fun 2600-stuff too - old or new.

Seems quite expensive, but I hope to be able to obtain a copy at the right time.

- - -  

2) do I need to order a NTSC-cart for a NTSC 7800, or PAL-cart for PAL-console…?

Well there are 2_versions. One for $60 and one for a $100 which has collector goodies.

23 hours ago, JagChris said:

If that was part of the agreement then get a hold of them and say pay up.

Its a great game and your artwork is a fantastic fit for it. Kudos.

Oops I didn't see the reply where Dan had already squared this away.

Edited by JagChris

5 hours ago, Giles N said:

- - -  

You're welcome. This was my hope when originally posting here much to the initial consternation of others.

As for compatibility I have no trouble with mine(but i appear to have been very lucky as my 7800 seems to run everything) and I don't remember needing to select a region when buying it.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 11:21 PM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Hey, they said themselves they are no homebrewers, so they don't adhere to the usual code of conduct.

What code of conduct is that? I've met a few of these home brewers and they can be pretty rude as well. One was such I nearly reconsidered my purchase at the last PRGE. Another I had already bought product from and become a fan of but when I took a couple stabs at coming up to say hi love your work it wasn't a fantastic experience. Will I buy from them again? Probably. They do good work. If they're not socially perfect then I'll just leave them be and enjoy their stuff from afar. 

I did see an ex Atari guy who ill probably never try to approach again. Though it wasn't anyone from Audacity or Howard Scott Warsaw.

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

That code of conduct that makes you think positive about homebrewers. In this case, not forgetting/ignoring/neglecting... the ones who helped you.

That would go for the ones that support them as well with their hard earned money.

My point is no one's perfect of course. We all make social mistakes. What it seems people are upset at about Audacity is IMO small potatoes compared to some of the airs I've seen some of the homebrew developers put on. Something I've never seen anything like in several meetings with Audacity members. 

But its nothing major enough to boycott them to me.

On 11/12/2023 at 4:21 AM, JagChris said:

Well there are 2_versions. One for $60 and one for a $100 which has collector goodies.

This for now.

Some of the import-charges in Norway can be ridiculously high…

… and, hey, thanks for informing us ‘mainly-7800ists’…

IMG_7179.jpeg

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:

Yes here's some early WIP I drew

Awesome! Very nice and fitting style you chose: it sits really well with what I see in the gameplay videos of CC.

This and the CC-cover feels really like box-art from the 2600-period and also gives the buyer/gamer a good idea as to what to expect in the game (at least as far as CC-videos show, I guess Casey will run somewhere along the same line) and also just looking nice, chunky, coloful and vibrant…!

Hope Audacity Games get there and get Casey’s Gold released soon.

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 9:07 PM, Atariboy2600 said:

What's funny is even when I help made both the box art, poster and and even the patch to this day I still never got a copy of the game. Wonder if I need to pay it?

Did you have a contract?

Not trying to be a dick here, but business is business.

If you helped as a hobbyist just doing your thing for fun, with no discussion and document citing otherwise, instead of bringing it up here in a negative way, reach out to whomever you worked with at Audacity and ask.

FFS...

1 minute ago, Zonie said:

Not sure what you mean?

I also didn't see the following responses, but even so, things should be resolved privately...

The part of "not being a dick here", if you have to preface what you're saying with that, well...  Because you could have said this privately to Atariboy2600 instead of posting it publicly.

..Al

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zonie said:

Ahh,

Well I guess. But he opened the door to discuss it in public, so...

IMO he is (or was) perfectly right. And word of mouth would spread, so Atari would have definitely have to pay next time.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

23 hours ago, Zonie said:

Did you have a contract?

Not trying to be a dick here, but business is business.

If you helped as a hobbyist just doing your thing for fun, with no discussion and document citing otherwise, instead of bringing it up here in a negative way, reach out to whomever you worked with at Audacity and ask.

FFS...

Yes Dan did contract me and will be sending me a cop of the game.

• Like 4