IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2023 Thread!

CaptainBreakout

My box arrived! And I am deeply amused because it shipped with my forum name on it, which I don't think I've seen in my years of online exchanges. Normally that's advised against because it can cause shipping issues, but I guess mine looks enough like a name to pass! 🤣20231206_150806.thumb.jpg.3d8650d020e5c9075e278f12556639d4.jpg20231206_150710.thumb.jpg.3128890f6f00ba6a96708dca20018fa0.jpg

And just for fun, my in-progress Cross Stitch advent for this year! I have no idea what excactly it is yet, save for being themed after A Christmas Carol. Unless they're messing with me & it's actually Captain Planet!20231206_150327.thumb.jpg.7fafdcfaa08ed7a57ccfc83510a12e52.jpg

• Like 7

My gift arrived, and from down under no less!  I am pretty sure I know who my Secret Santa is and it's not much of a secret anymore. I will do as I usually do and wait until Christmas to open it though.  Let the suspense begin!  

20231206_182329.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

My gift arrived, and from down under no less!  I am pretty sure I know who my Secret Santa is and it's not much of a secret anymore. I will do as I usually do and wait until Christmas to open it though.  Let the suspense begin!  

Glad it arrived safely! But as I've said every year I've been doing this, if you have time before Xmas, just go for it, time is too precious to waste anymore, get some enjoyment.  Unless you enjoy the suspense.  Up to you! :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HoshiChiri said:

My box arrived! And I am deeply amused because it shipped with my forum name on it, which I don't think I've seen in my years of online exchanges. Normally that's advised against because it can cause shipping issues

To be honest I was surprised also, but this is how your adress has been communicated, so I just followed the instructions (after all, maybe US Postal is less strict on signature than french post)...

Glad it arrived safely (and it seems candies are still inside and not eaten by customs dogs), apart the introduction cart, everythins is packed, so you can safely open the parcel if yo uwant to save some space. And of course, feel free to open the gifts when you want, even if there is not enough to make an advent calendar.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Fadest said:

To be honest I was surprised also, but this is how your adress has been communicated, so I just followed the instructions (after all, maybe US Postal is less strict on signature than french post)...

Glad it arrived safely (and it seems candies are still inside and not eaten by customs dogs), apart the introduction cart, everythins is packed, so you can safely open the parcel if yo uwant to save some space. And of course, feel free to open the gifts when you want, even if there is not enough to make an advent calendar.

I actually had my fiance open it, to see if the gifts inside were wrapped & could be removed without spoiling the surprise! I'm gonna wait to open this year- the advent cross stitch thing does wonders for my preventing me from getting too antsy for gifts on my rare free afternoons. It was also funny- I'm listening with my back turned to him opening things up...

"Oh no..."

"What? Is everything ok?!"

"... packing peanuts."

😆

Not 100% sure why that was the reaction, but it was still amusing!

(And I just double-checked... apparently the line in my info DM with my name got deleted! This is what I get for writing it on the bus!)

Edited by HoshiChiri
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3