IGNORED

The Harmony Cart works on the 2600+ one game at a time, Awesome!

E. King

1 hour ago, Avenger75 said:

My dragon fly is connected to the powersupply I bought for it, on one side.

On the other side I have the 2600 plus connected with its own power supply, USB-C.

And it work, only with the original 7800 games, I cannot launch any homebrew.

pqdfunnamed.jpg.dc41317f551bc69bd5d11c19781bbe3c.jpg

Yep....I made it too...

Works with Originals...better than nothing 😉

Edited by gambler172
even Joust, Rampage and Midnight Mutants work

On 11/19/2023 at 6:43 PM, Avenger75 said:

And it work, only with the original 7800 games, I cannot launch any homebrew.

Is ‘originals’ the only category that will be read at all?

Does it read and play all originals if from the DragonFly?

Which titles works of the NTSC-line up, which from PAL?

What about:

- hacks

- prototypes (Sirius is reported to play)

Edited by Giles N

Well, considering the PAL issues, I do consider this to be a minor victory.

Now I do have to find that stupid flasher software and boot up my old mac with windows which is bit of a pain, (nvm, "osx" version of harmony programming tool still works on macos).

And now my Harmony cart can be Beamrider.

Btw I've got an intellivision (I think) version of beamrider (cart only) so if anyone would like to do a 1-1 trade (not bloody likely, i know) PM me

Edited by tradyblix

On 11/18/2023 at 11:36 AM, Alarm said:

Does the Concerto cartridge have a similar option to present itself as if it is one game, so the 2600+ may be able to load a VCS or 7800 game?

Currently, the Concerto cartridge can only load 2600 games one at a time. I have plans to allow upload of individual 7800 games at some point, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, batari said:

Currently, the Concerto cartridge can only load 2600 games one at a time. I have plans to allow upload of individual 7800 games at some point, though.

I have a question, I have a harmony cart. I was trying to flash dev mode today, but I'm guessing it might be my cable, but I get the pop ups that the system recognizes (both a windows 11 system and a mac OS Sonoma system) the harmony cart, but then the programming tool never goes green. It's been about 10 years since i needed to flash it, I have the cart connected without it's flash drive in.

I am thinking about trying AUTOROM insteead of using the dev mode and seeing if I can utilize it that way, with a 4k game to test. Do you have an ideas on why those systems can't talk to it ? 

The cable is USB C -> USB Mini, maybe that's why ? but the systems make sound or pop ups when connecting it to allow me to access it, which makes me think the issue is software and not the cable. Maybe they're all too new ? 

Edited by tradyblix

2 hours ago, tradyblix said:

I have a question, I have a harmony cart. I was trying to flash dev mode today, but I'm guessing it might be my cable, but I get the pop ups that the system recognizes (both a windows 11 system and a mac OS Sonoma system) the harmony cart, but then the programming tool never goes green. It's been about 10 years since i needed to flash it, I have the cart connected without it's flash drive in.

I am thinking about trying AUTOROM insteead of using the dev mode and seeing if I can utilize it that way, with a 4k game to test. Do you have an ideas on why those systems can't talk to it ? 

The cable is USB C -> USB Mini, maybe that's why ? but the systems make sound or pop ups when connecting it to allow me to access it, which makes me think the issue is software and not the cable. Maybe they're all too new ? 

Typically you plug in the cart, then run the software. If the software is already running, it will not detect a cart unless you select Device->connect from the pull-down menu.

If it still won't connect, it is probably a driver issue. For an old cart you would need the FTDI drivers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, batari said:

Typically you plug in the cart, then run the software. If the software is already running, it will not detect a cart unless you select Device->connect from the pull-down menu.

If it still won't connect, it is probably a driver issue. For an old cart you would need the FTDI drivers.

Yeah I figured this. I have had the harmony cart for a long time... maybe it's since 2014 or 2015 at least. Well, since (with my new 2600+) it only works with 4k games apparently. my need to spend time trying to get it working in that mode is much reduced as really there's only one or two games I wanted to play I didn't own physical carts for yet, and none of them are 4k games or less. I'll just keep it on the OG atari in multi-cart mode. 

Switching carts like the old days is half the enjoyment of the 2600+ experience anyway. 

Edited by tradyblix

12 hours ago, batari said:

What software fir the Harmony do you use?

After watching this video I wish I could change the thread title and remove the word "Awesome"

It is not so "awesome" after all.

Only 4kb or less games seem to work which is a real drag.

After knowing this, I doubt I will even break the seal on my 2600+ when it arrives unless another option comes to play more types of roms.

Atari really screwed the customer by not adding an sd card slot like the Retron 77 has.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1