IGNORED

2600+ amazon or preorder from atari

maddigor2

3 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

They have been shipping these as combined orders in many cases

Yes. I ordered the console a week before I ordered the paddles. Amazon.de told me that they ship the paddles and the console in the same box. The orders still show up as separate but they both have the same shipping number. And will arrive by UPS on Thursday.

Just now, zzip said:

Ultimately the buck stops with Atari, they contracted the shippers, gave the instuctions and so on.   I'm not saying they hold no responsibility, I just don't think they were purposely being deceptive when they told us their release plan.   

I don't disagree with you, and company doesn't have to tell us the "inside baseball" side of things. It just feels like Atari really isn't taking this on like they should. Just coming out and saying some get theirs and some have to wait, feels off.

And hey, before I come off as too heated, I don't want you or anyone to feel like my annoyance is directed at them.

I was on the fence about ordering a second one anyway, why I decided to just order a second overnight from Amazon when I saw it would potentially arrive earlier than my earlier Atari preorder. I figure I'll keep the second one nice and sealed and either use it for display, give as a gift, or just keep to sell in 20 years for what certainly will be a million dollars and not something like $150. 

• Like 1

I pre-ordered from Atari directly on the day they released it for pre-order. I received the shipping notice early last week. Long story short, it is out of delivery today. My order number was lower than 8000.

My guess here is that since I ONLY ordered the 2600+ and nothing else, is why it was ready to be able to be shipped out while it seems most other that might have ordered additional stuff like the paddles or other games, seem to be the ones that have to wait.

I'm assuming that Atari is just wanting to combine the orders to save on the shipping and because it can be a right logistics nightmare to split up orders with different shipping on the items. Amazon gives you the offer on waiting for single shipping or separate but I don't recall that as an option when I ordered from Atari.

4 minutes ago, zzip said:

Sometimes it's tempting to replace my retirement portfolio with Lego and Atari products, they seem to get better returns :lol:

As a big LEGO fan myself, it's insane how much popular sets can go for once they are out of production.  There are a LOT of people who have made a business of buying new LEGO sets in quantity and sitting on them, sometimes for years, to make substantial profits on them once discontinued.

..Al

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I pre-ordered from Atari directly on the day they released it for pre-order. I received the shipping notice early last week. Long story short, it is out of delivery today. My order number was lower than 8000.

My guess here is that since I ONLY ordered the 2600+ and nothing else, is why it was ready to be able to be shipped out while it seems most other that might have ordered additional stuff like the paddles or other games, seem to be the ones that have to wait.

I'm assuming that Atari is just wanting to combine the orders to save on the shipping and because it can be a right logistics nightmare to split up orders with different shipping on the items. Amazon gives you the offer on waiting for single shipping or separate but I don't recall that as an option when I ordered from Atari.

Earlier this year, I ordered the Atari Camp trucker hat and a copy of Mr. Run and Jump. The hat came shortly after I ordered it and Mr. Run and Jump came in yesterday. Everything about the order was communicated via the Shop app with no issues. Unfortunately, I don't have specific details or if there's an option to do separate shipments through Shop like Amazon has.  

I ordered late in the game (no pun intended), earlier this month when the Amazon preorder option was available. I decided to go ahead and order the console, paddles, Berzerk, Run&Jump, and Dark Chambers from Atari due to the 15% off first purchase coupon. I was pretty sure at the time that I wouldn't be getting my order until December, but for 15% off a big order I think it was worth it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

As a big LEGO fan myself, it's insane how much popular sets can go for once they are out of production.  There are a LOT of people who have made a business of buying new LEGO sets in quantity and sitting on them, sometimes for years, to make substantial profits on them once discontinued.

..Al

I believe it!   I like the modular town sets, and they seem to double in price the instant they are discontinued.    I got the Black Pearl set on clearance for maybe ~$50 years ago, and now it's going for $1200-1300 new in box!?!

15 minutes ago, Recycled said:

Just checked my email. the Atari+ still not shipped, but I did get an announcement for the new Amico Home app!! It's like a consolation prize on a game show!!

Amico wishes it has problems that Atari has. I mean the Atari 2600+ at least in the hands some customers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albert said:

As a big LEGO fan myself, it's insane how much popular sets can go for once they are out of production. 

Speaking of Lego, I have to admit I am tempted by this new set.  I can't justify the price tag at all, but I think it's pretty cool...

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/tdb-lsw-2023-24-75367

Screenshot 2023-11-21 11.46.46 AM.png

1 minute ago, ls650 said:

Speaking of Lego, I have to admit I am tempted by this new set.  I can't justify the price tag at all, but I think it's pretty cool...

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/tdb-lsw-2023-24-75367

Screenshot 2023-11-21 11.46.46 AM.png

Yeah, I love this set and have pretty much every one of the Star Wars UCS (Ultimate Collectors Edition) sets, at least anything that was made based on the original three films.  But I really like this particular ship, so I'll likely pick it up at some point.  It's "only" $650 here in the US, I didn't realize the Canadian dollar was so low relative to the US dollar at the moment.

..Al

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 11:57 AM, tradyblix said:

Just to give a point of reference, mine is out for delivery today, I live in the continental US, and I placed a pre-order on amazon on November 12th. 

Berzerk and Mr Run and Jump were already sold out by that date. 

Has anyone in NA who preordered Berserk, Mr. Run and Jump, and the paddle bundle from Amazon received them yet?

I reserved them when they were still available, and while my console has arrived, I got the icky “Would you like to cancel the order for the games, because we don’t know when we will be able to ship them to you” email this morning.

I wonder how common that is. I hope they ship soon. 🙏

Amazon has delayed my package 4 days in a row and is now saying I will get refunded if it doesn't show up Saturday, 8 days after they claimed they shipped it.

Whoopee.

This is after they shipped a joystick to me in an unpadded plastic envelope, assuring it would get damaged in transit, and told they don't know when they can actually ship Mr Run & Jump or Berserk, and want to know if I want to cancel them.

I placed my preorder in August.

I am so glad I pay for Prime guys. It's totally worth it.

Edited by T.A.P.

Ah man... that really sucks. I'm sure Atari is flipping out right now with how this is rolling out. I will still support Atari, and this changes nothing for me... but just for the sake of critique... you guys will want to learn from this. Have the inventory before you promise a ship date.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Ah man... that really sucks. I'm sure Atari is flipping out right now with how this is rolling out. I will still support Atari, and this changes nothing for me... but just for the sake of critique... you guys will want to learn from this. Have the inventory before you promise a ship date.

I wonder how many 2600+ units have actually been sold? Would be interesting to know!🧐

13 minutes ago, Zap1982 said:

I wonder how many 2600+ units have actually been sold? Would be interesting to know!🧐

I can't remember what I was looking at, maybe it was Amazon? But it said over 2,000 sold when I looked it up. So it has to be at least that many. I assume quite a few more. This 2600+ seems to have generated a LOT of interest, I mean... a LOT.

12 minutes ago, E. King said:

Between Atari.com, Amazon USA & Amazon UK we are looking at around 15k 2600+ systems sold so far.

That's really very impressive then, I know we live in different times now to the 70s 80s 90s etc but if its shifted 15k so far it's already outsold some formidable consoles of yesteryear in a very short space of time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

• Like 1