IGNORED

2600+ amazon or preorder from atari

maddigor2

People who pre-ordered first and are still waiting while everybody is getting and playing their 2600+ do have a totally legit gripe, even if it won't be that long in the big scheme of things.  For the record I'm pretty sure Atari has acknowledged the issue on social media, although it seems there was little they were able to do about it after the fact other than try to get people their orders in early December.  They didn't plan this, although you can say not planning might be the problem.

I say that as a lucky jerk who pre-ordered day one from Atari and received everything last week.  Apparently I was so indecisive that I ordered the 2600+, then a separate order of another joystick and some t-shirts, and finally the paddles and the new games, and it may have worked in my favor.  I didn't intend to game the system, lol.

• Like 1

What irks me... is that I'm well-aware that they're reading this thread. I've worked for dozens of companies before, and I've seen how they do damage control. The companies that often fail believe that more information will result in a worse result. Basically... it's OK if we're pissed, because they assume we'll get over it, and in the grand scheme of things, they'll do well with the rest of the roll-out so it doesn't matter. There is likely something that went out internally to not discuss the shipping delays, and not bring attention to it. And that's what upsets me... we're basically just supposed to take it. Money doesn't matter to me, but my loyalty does... we deserve an apology from Atari for their screw-up.

• Like 2

I received my system from Amazon, and my paddle set from Atari already. However my copies of Bezerk and Mr Run and Jump from Amazon are delayed with no information about when they will ship. I hope I haven’t missed out on them for good. I think I will order my games from Atari from now on even with the chance of slower shipping. Amazon has cancelled plenty of items of mine before so I’m hoping this doesn’t happen here. 

17 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

nd I explained - it has nothing to do with Atari.

They had a pre-order- as did Amazon and whatever other outlets in the world.

Atari isn't the ones building, transporting, shipping the units.  They have zero control over what you are mad about.

Just like if you order a shirt off their site- it is produced and shipped by another company.

That's the issue in a nutshell.   They are a small company that's outsourced most of their business processes.    While that allows them to offer a lot more products than the company size would suggest.  It puts them at the mercy of the their suppliers,  and they've struggled to gain control over even that zip code payment issue that's costing them sales.   

They really need to work to get a better handle on this stuff.    Nobody is going to get angry at XYZ shipping services for botching things, they will get mad at Atari because ultimately they hired XYZ shipping services in the first place.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, zzip said:

That's the issue in a nutshell.   They are a small company that's outsourced most of their business processes.    While that allows them to offer a lot more products than the company size would suggest.  It puts them at the mercy of the their suppliers,  and they've struggled to gain control over even that zip code payment issue that's costing them sales.   

They really need to work to get a better handle on this stuff.    Nobody is going to get angry at XYZ shipping services for botching things, they will get mad at Atari because ultimately they hired XYZ shipping services in the first place.

Exactly... and all I need is a sincere apology to know that my loyalty isn't being taken for granted. I took so much shit in the VCS thread for Atari because I wanted them to do well and continued to fight the negativity. I've bought more than half the games available to it. I own two of them. I bought the Gamestation Pro and have been very pleased with it. I pre-ordered the Atari 2600+ when the e-mail literally hit my in-box. Not two minutes went by as I feverishly tried to type in my credit card information as quickly as possible... and here I am, and everyone else has one, and I can order it right now (and get it tomorrow) from Amazon. Heck, I even bought a friggin' Britto / Miami misFit Atari Watch from their website for heaven's sake. I just want a sincere apology to let me know that my loyalty isn't misplaced. 

LOL... I know this isn't dating, but Atari sure as hell would be single if they treated a relationship like this. I sure as hell would never have put up with anything like this, and I definitely don't need to put up with this from a brand that defines my friggin' childhood. I just want an e-mail that says...

"As a loyal Atari fan and customer, you are our most important asset..." because you know what? We f'n are... "... we apologize for the frustrations the delay in shipping has caused. We also apologize for any loss in trust you may have experienced, but we want to make it up to you, our early adopters. For this, we will be doing... X..." (whatever, I don't want anything, but a good business would try to make things right.)

Back in the day, Pontiac released the Solstice on the show "The Apprentice." I rushed my ass over to the Pontiac dealership the very next morning and plunked down my $2k to put down a deposit for that car. Serial numbers are important... there's even a thread about this in this very forum section. I got one of the first 1,000 Pontiac Solstices... and incidentally, was the first one in Fort Lauderdale to have one (which was not particularly important to me, but to some people it is). "This" will never be rectified, because I'm going to get a second batch... which again, doesn't particularly bother me, but I know that for others it does. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Video said:

That is cool, but unfortunately doesn't seem available outside the USA.  :(

54 minutes ago, Video said:

I like it!   I wonder if it will fit the new VCS + accessories instead of the 2600+?

Not sure how large the vcs is compared to the 2600+, but assume its similar sized if not smaller. I mean it'll be end of Jan or so before its here, but unless its form fitted, I don't see why it would be a problem.

Not outside the us? Wow that sucks.

Once it gets here ill get some empty internal pics and measurements, but that may be two months.

As for the rest of the convo, I totally get being pissed about late arrivals. They should literally arrive in order ordered, BUT, I do get it. The system will (and likely did) ship by quantity. Amazon ordered a whole bunch, so probably got them first, and Amazon is natively set up for shipping. Atari, probably not so much. Heck I didn't even play mine the first week because it arrived 2 days after launch, and I'm not one of those " new call of duty? (Call on phone) uh, cough, can't work, sick, cough" types.

I should pic my sereal number for records. I doubt its high.

17 hours ago, Video said:

That gaming case is amazing. I am a sucker for things like this. I'm amazed someone designed something for the 2600+ already

• Like 1

I am supposed to be getting my ordered from Atari 2600+ today or tomorrow, which puts it almost two weeks after launch. I ordered it in the first few minutes of preorders becoming available. My Amazon-ordered 2600+, which was ordered on the 20th, arrived last Sunday, so I've had several days already with it. 

I've learned my lesson: When possible, don't pre-order from Atari directly, as they consistently miss the launch window on shipments and you will miss out on the launch hype and fun. 

• Like 4

Received today! From Atari's shipping logistics contractor. Shipped without any padding whatsoever, but the 2600+ boxes come wrapped in a plastic bag and it fit snugly into the box, shipped fine. Not as impressed with the paddle games box I received but it wasn't damaged, just had some printing issues. Contents are very cool, though. 

• Like 2

On 11/25/2023 at 2:16 PM, 82-T/A said:

That's my question, why didn't they support orders in the order in which they're received... FIFO... it's a really basic concept? I'd totally understand if they had to deliver a ton to Amazon as a requirement that was imposed upon them, OK... no problem. But WHY did people who order in late September from Atari, get theirs already, but those who ordered a month earlier in August... get screwed? This makes no sense to me. I have never been one to "just relax" when I feel like I'm getting screwed. I want an explanation, even if it's not a good one... did someone screw up? Ok, I'd just like to know about it. It doesn't mean I want that person fired (God forbid), I just want Atari to tell me... "hey, we screwed up..." and then tell me why. Obviously, they don't HAVE to do anything. But I also don't have to buy anything from them again.

Apparently Atari follows the FILO philosophy and has decided to ship in reverse order.

I ordered on August 23rd. Two of my friends ordered from Atari a week later (one on 29th, one on 30th). Both of them received their units on Nov. 24th, meanwhile I have to wait until the December date.  I sent them a message inquiring about why this was and got a response - "We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our warehouse team has been informed of this issue and they are currently working on getting your order shipped out. We will contact you as soon as your order is queued up for shipment."

In other words - We're trying to make you think we give a damn and are doing something about it but actually you'll get it in December like we said in our email. Typical Atari BS. But meanwhile, why don't you buy a speakerhat at 40% off. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PowerDubs said:

"Apparently Atari follows the FILO philosophy and has decided to ship in reverse order. "

I love how people keep saying things like this- as if it is Atari themselves handling the logistics...of a global product launch.

You keep saying this, but you don't seem to understand how this works. Everything from China that is to be distributed to the United States, comes into a shipping warehouse in California. Atari is still a company, a publicly traded company (with an insanely/absurdly low stock price)... one with really not great financials MarketWatch. I could likely buy a controlling interest in the company if I wanted to right now, maybe I should... as then I would have significant voting power over the board of directors. I don't know how many outstanding shares there are... but it's at least promising that the CEO has been buying up shares of his own company... rather than offloading them. 

The point is though, Atari management has direct communication with the distribution facility in California. This is the ORIGINATION location for all of the shipped items that come from Atari. Do you understand this? Everything comes into California, and FROM THERE... shipping labels are created and product is shipped out to customers in the United States. BEFORE it comes to California, there is absolutely no discerning destination for any of the product that comes over from China. These people in California are not those we have a language barrier or that there's some ethereal force that prevents Atari from communicating with them. A flight from NY to CA is something a lot of people do... (or even a phone call) and then they can be like, "Hey Joe, like we talked about, let's ship the orders in which they were received." This didn't happen... which is absolutely insane for something that was billed as a "pre-order," when it should have been labelled a "Go Fund Me" and you'll get something eventually.

I hope Atari does well, I do... but this isn't how you win over fans, it's how you lose them. All I want is an apology. I feel like this guy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PowerDubs said:

"Apparently Atari follows the FILO philosophy and has decided to ship in reverse order. "

I love how people keep saying things like this- as if it is Atari themselves handling the logistics...of a global product launch.

You keep assuming on Atari's behalf without any proof to back that up. Atari hasn't revealed any insight on to how this launch was executed.

Either Atari has no control how their product goes out, which is bad, or they do have control and botched the launch, also bad.

Neither is a good look here.

Atari has taught us not to expect anything first if we're first in line.

28 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Everything from China that is to be distributed to the United States, comes into a shipping warehouse in California.

I could likely buy a controlling interest in the company if I wanted to right now, maybe I should... as then I would have significant voting power over the board of directors.

No it isn't.  Start tracking BOL.

No- you couldn't.  Just by saying that means you don't even know what it means.

2 minutes ago, PowerDubs said:

No it isn't.  Start tracking BOL.

No- you couldn't.  Just by saying that means you don't even know what it means.

Ok, I'm not going to go off track, so I'll only respond to this once. But a publicly traded company, depending on how many outstanding shares there are, can have a controlling interest bought out if there's a majority of the shares outstanding. Based on FTC guidelines, a company has several reporting requirements, and decisions are made by the members of the board in lieu of decisions from the shareholders. I don't know if Atari has a full board, or if the ELT constitutes the board... but common stock offering has voting rights, preferred shares do not. I've owned Atari stock in the past, and I've received prior electronic voting options (don't even remember what they were). So, depending on how many shares are outstanding (don't even care to look), someone could come in and buy the remaining shares and if that constitutes more than 51% (which it probably does not), then they can do what they want.

5 minutes ago, mechanicoid said:

You keep assuming on Atari's behalf without any proof to back that up. Atari hasn't revealed any insight on to how this launch was executed.

Either Atari has no control how their product goes out, which is bad, or they do have control and botched the launch, also bad.

It's not an assumption to realize that a global launch is a tree.  Many branches. 

For you guys to keep saying 'Atari' as a singularity with control is...  naive at best...

"Either Atari has no control how their product goes out, which is bad"- no, they are doing what most companies do- a supply chain.  Product moves from one link to the next- and in this case- there are many chains in several directions- more of a web spreading across the globe.  Nothing that is happening here is 'bad' or 'botched'- it's just kid's whining about a couple weeks of normal operations.

It's not like Atari is building these themselves in-house- packing and shipping direct to consumer.

'Atari' is a group of roughly 25-30 people...many working remotely who don't even all come to an office to see each other face to face each day.

4 minutes ago, YonderVittles said:

I received an email from Amazon asking me to approve the delay of Mr. Run and Jump. It said that because of logistics issues they no longer know when it will ship. I figured I would mention it in case others received them and may have missed it. That way your order doesn't end up getting cancelled. 

In the past week there have been multiple shipments of Mr Run and Jump arriving at port from overseas.  So once it clears / trucks / stock ships... the product exists and in 'in country' so no worries.