IGNORED

THE BIG CHRISTMAS 2600+ GIVEAWAY COMPETITION!

Ben from Plaion

17 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I kind of dismiss this kind of suggestion because of the costs of all the parts, but I been thinking that I may have this all the wrong way around because you cant freely download the physical parts.

I'm all for such a collection, but from what I recall, Airworld isn't actually a 2600 game.  It's just designed to look and function like one.  (See here.)

That said, what about a board game?

Edited by KainXavier
Added source link.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

And anyway whats wrong with the cover that you got in the box?

The free cover is a very nice idea, I use it.

The only problem is that with cables connected it doesn't cover the console perfectly.

Cuts in the back would have needed.

55 minutes ago, Philsan said:

The free cover is a very nice idea, I use it.

The only problem is that with cables connected it doesn't cover the console perfectly.

Cuts in the back would have needed.

I'm confused.  Are you both referring to the plastic packaging that sat on top of the 2600+ inside of the box?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MarcinJ said:

Well, I am a physicist I am curious what can I do with the prototype. :)  @Ben from Plaion I assume that the board is still functioning, isn’t it?

It's not a prototype, lol. It's just the press kits with copies that were sent to the press. Or rather unscrupulous "influencers" I assume

Edited by tradyblix

1 hour ago, MarcinJ said:

Well, I am a physicist I am curious what can I do with the prototype. :)  @Ben from Plaion I assume that the board is still functioning, isn’t it?

It's a set of prototype PCBs from inside of the machine.

It's very rare version only a couple made for testing earlier in the year. It was the first board that I did extensive testing on

Has a lots of small differences and markings compared to the retail release PCBs.

I left a early version of the software on it. It does boot cartridges and IIRC had a different loading screen to to retail release.

I'd frame it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I know the competition is over but I just wanted to give my vote for what I thought was the best suggestion on here.  I LOVE the idea of a 5200 cartridge adapter.  Atari (or AtariAge) please, please, please make this happen. 

I'm gonna miss this thread, since it was fun to have a sort of huge collaborative discussion about rereleases and would-be conversions.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 6:28 PM, Defender_2600 said:

Here are some rules for drawing 7800 graphics:

I'm a little late to the party, but I recently updated my Atari 7800 Programming website with a complete explanation of the 7800 graphics modes including P#C# to bitmapping (in the sub-pages)

https://sites.google.com/site/atari7800wiki/graphics-modes/palette-sprite-bits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/19/2023 at 1:16 PM, karri said:

The "digital board" was just an ordinary TV. The pegs were 3D printed with a small hearing aid battery and a chip that turned light intensity into frequency. As a peg transmitter I had an IR led. But at the day of the show one of my pegs burned so I had to improvise and soldered two wires instead of the IR to one peg. And also used just a single peg for all player movement instead of 4 pegs as I had planned.

The TV emitted black squares to see if the peg moved. So when you lifted the peg the Pi Zero could sense it. Then it also knew how many steps you could move so it scanned to possible destinations until it found your peg again.

I also had a DMX hat for controlling the ambient light to match was happened in the game. And background music to match the actions.

Unfortunately I did not get a small room to set the mood so the ambient surrounding was not so great.

By the way. The 32 inch TV also broke after the week-end. And my wife said that if I break our TV with my stupid hobbies we are not getting a new one. ;) 

That's some spiffy tech wizardry for sure, If I burned out the tv my wife would say the same to me.😉 I would still like to see it in action sounds quite interesting to see in action.

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2023 at 8:14 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

It's a set of prototype PCBs from inside of the machine.

It's very rare version only a couple made for testing earlier in the year. It was the first board that I did extensive testing on

Has a lots of small differences and markings compared to the retail release PCBs.

I left a early version of the software on it. It does boot cartridges and IIRC had a different loading screen to to retail release.

I'd frame it.

no...I would use it 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...