IGNORED

THE BIG CHRISTMAS 2600+ GIVEAWAY COMPETITION!

Ben from Plaion

To celebrate the Atari Age thread getting 100k views, we are going crazy! I've raided the samples cupboard and here is whats up for grabs for the Atari Age crew!

Top Prize - 1 x VIP Press Pack inc 2600+, Joystick, Paddles and four cartridges - One of only 200 ever made.

Second Prize - 1 x Early prototype PCB of the 2600+, includes a mainboard with an SD Card soldered to it - naughty!

Third Prize - 1 x Five poster collection from Posterspy activity

Fourth Prizes - 2 x 4in1 Paddle Pack sets

Fifth Prizes - 5 x Bezerk game

Sixth Prizes - 5 x Mr Run and Jump game 

All you need to do to enter is post in this thread answering one question.... Tell me what game you'd like to see released by Atari in the future for the 2600+, an old re-issue, a homebrew, an enhanced re-issue, a brand new game, a downport, whatever.

Rules of the competition 

1. There are no warrenties, guaranties or any comeback with a competition prize.

2. By entering this competition you understand that Ben at Plaions decision is final.

Draw closes 16th December 2023 at 7PM GMT. All entrants that posted in this thread up until that time and date with a mention of a game they would like to see will have their username put into a cup that I will draw the winners out from.

There are 15 winnable prizes and I will draw 15 winners from a cup on 17th December. First out of the Cup wins the Top Prize and so on and so on till we've drawn the last Mr Run and Jump Winner.

PXL_20231206_154713698.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

I would like to see an enhanced re-issue of the games Spacemaster X-7 & Thunderground for 2600.  Also, there was a game called Ixion by Sega.  It was an unreleased arcade game.  There was a repro cart on it at one point for 2600 in the AA store, but sadly is no longer available.  

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 1

Just now, Intellivision Master said:

I would like to see an enhanced re-issue of the games Spacemaster X-7 & Thunderground.  Also, there was a game called Ixion by Sega.  It was an unreleased arcade game.  There was repro cart on it at one point for 2600 in the AA store, but sadly is no longer available.  

IXION is a damn cool game.  :)

..Al

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Tell me what game you'd like to see released by Atari in the future for the 2600+, an old re-issue, a homebrew, an enhanced re-issue, a brand new game, a downport, whatever.

What about cancelled games?  There were a few 7800 games that got cancelled.  Such as Gauntlet.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Tell me what game you'd like to see released by Atari in the future for the 2600+, an old re-issue, a homebrew, an enhanced re-issue, a brand new game, a downport, whatever.

- If it's a 2600 game, then let's go for E.T.+ the symbol of the crumbling US video game market, republished as an Enhanced version with all the bug fixes and improvement made by the guy who made a deep dive on how the game worked
- If it's a 7800 game, any new game which would try to show what the machine can really do, something with impressive graphics and audio

• Like 7