IGNORED

Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1

Ben from Plaion

On 1/4/2024 at 3:27 PM, MrChickenz said:

Medieval Mayhem works great on mine before and after the Beta 1.1 Update

TacScan paddles have to be plugged into right control port, But you are right on this one my copy also (boots but won’t start)

Medieval Mayhem has never worked for me and this is a new copy...

2 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

My copy is also new. Try cleaning it a few times and see what happens. Does the startup screen come on or does it say load failed?

Yeah, it loads and then either goes to a black screen with a droning beep or the colorful screen with beeps. I can try cleaning it... seating it in unique ways didn't seem to work, so I'll go with a cleaning. 

Just now, Laladien said:

Yeah, it loads and then either goes to a black screen with a droning beep or the colorful screen with beeps. I can try cleaning it... seating it in unique ways didn't seem to work, so I'll go with a cleaning. 

I should add, it works perfectly in my Vader. 

1 minute ago, Laladien said:

So here's a fine example of what it does...

So I can confirm I have the same issue now! When I posted that it worked before and after the update it was on my first Atari 2600+. I have since purchased a second Atari 2600+ because the first one had issues with quite a few of my major titles!

The new one I am using now seems to work great! With the exception of the games that others are have issues with. This is the first time I tried Medieval Mayhem in my second Atari 2600+.

Just now, MrChickenz said:

So I can confirm I have the same issue now! When I posted that it worked before and after the update it was on my first Atari 2600+. I have since purchased a second Atari 2600+ because the first one had issues with quite a few of my major titles!

The new one I am using now seems to work great! With the exception of the games that others are have issues with. This is the first time I tried Medieval Mayhem in my second Atari 2600+.

Yeah, I was worried after perusing the forums that something occurred during the update. Facebook's AtariAge forum nudged me in that direction, as someone commented that their copy worked fine, but they had never updated... once I read the Juno First issue had popped up, I had a suspicion and now you've confirmed that it's something in the update. 

Well, at least I can play it on the Vader in the meantime. Such an amazing game :) Thanks again for checking!

Just now, Laladien said:

Yeah, I was worried after perusing the forums that something occurred during the update. Facebook's AtariAge forum nudged me in that direction, as someone commented that their copy worked fine, but they had never updated... once I read the Juno First issue had popped up, I had a suspicion and now you've confirmed that it's something in the update. 

Well, at least I can play it on the Vader in the meantime. Such an amazing game :) Thanks again for checking!

My Juno first loads to a black screen now it worked before! And yes it is an amazing game I always liked Warlords!

Your welcome it was no bother at all to check!

6 minutes ago, Laladien said:

Have you checked the beta 1.1 Rev 2 thread

1 minute ago, MrChickenz said:

Have you checked the beta 1.1 Rev 2 thread

I did put up a post relaying my experience in that thread, just so that they are aware. If you want to follow up in the affirmative that it’s happening to you as well, that would probably help. 

5 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

My Juno first loads to a black screen now it worked before! And yes it is an amazing game I always liked Warlords!

Your welcome it was no bother at all to check!

Warlords was a top 10 game for me back in the day and Medieval Mayhem bumps it up quite a bit. Seriously, I just love it. :)

• Like 1

Hi there, I'm a newbie (even though I'm an oldish fart) when it comes to firmware updates. I was able to do the first and second parts of the update, but now I'm having issues with the final part. I get to RKDevTool v.2.74 and the first few steps work fine until it gets to Prepare IDB Start. It then reads IDB Start Fail. Any advice on how to fix this?

Edited by DCinFL

1 hour ago, DCinFL said:

Hi there, I'm a newbie (even though I'm an oldish fart) when it comes to firmware updates. I was able to do the first and second parts of the update, but now I'm having issues with the final part. I get to RKDevTool v.2.74 and the first few steps work fine until it gets to Prepare IDB Start. It then reads IDB Start Fail. Any advice on how to fix this?

Make sure you are carefully following the changing direction of the switches during the update process and follow it to the letter. This is the only advice I can think of at the moment to offer you. 

• Like 1

I did, and I'm still getting the same result :( I've even switched out the USB cables and restarted my laptop, but still no luck. Here's what I have successfully done so far:

1. Upgrade to Atari Dumper 1.1.0.9; and

2. Updated to DriverAssitant_v5.12.

The firmware version I'm attempting to upgrade to is update-12324.img.

I follow the directions as stated and I'm still getting the same error message.

If I need to start the process all over again to successfully update the 2600+, what would be the way to do so without doing something stupid? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 12:35 PM, Albert said:

I'm already sending him a package, so I can include a Penult cartridge. 

..Al

Hi @Albert and @Ben from Plaion - I have another person asking me if the Penult cartridge will work with the 2600+. Did this cart get sent over, and has DFSC bankswitching support been added?

Also relevant is whether or not AtatiVox/SaveKey support is working or likely to work in the future, as the game all but requires it.

Thanks in advance for any updated info!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Karl G said:

Hi @Albert and @Ben from Plaion - I have another person asking me if the Penult cartridge will work with the 2600+. Did this cart get sent over, and has DFSC bankswitching support been added?

Also relevant is whether or not AtatiVox/SaveKey support is working or likely to work in the future, as the game all but requires it.

Thanks in advance for any updated info!

Albert didnt send me a Penult cartridge. Sorry. 

I'll ask about DFSC.

On 3/27/2024 at 7:45 AM, Karl G said:

I can't speak for future builds, but I can confirm that the AtariVox is currently unsupported by the 2600+.  There is no speech output (aside from boot up) and high scores are not retained.  I've tested this with Juno First on older builds as well as T:ME Salvo on all builds.