IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

Same here, just emails regarding Fatal Run and Food Fight so far. I assume Ninja Golf and the joypad are still on schedule. 🤞🏻

EDIT:

And now and email has just arrived regarding Ninja Golf too, 7th of June.

EDIT EDIT:

I just checked my order in Amazon and the controller now states a release date of the 6th June, so I assume it will be a 7th of June delivery like the carts too. 

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

Amazon email received stating the new date of the 8th of June for the joypad. 

Yeah I got the same. It’s cool, I can wait 😁

Posted (edited)

@Ben from Plaion What about a 2600+ version geared towards children. It might increase sales. Parents would even enjoy playing with their children. There are plenty of games out there for kids like Frogs and Flies, Freeway, Sneak and Peak, Maze Craze…. Packaged with the multi cart of course.

It would sell like crazy at Christmas time.

Children’s books sell real well. What about something like this but with more brilliant colors!

IMG_0520.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

@Ben from Plaion What about a 2600+ version geared towards children. It might increase sales. Parents would even enjoy playing with their children. There are plenty of games out there for kids like Frogs and Flies, Freeway, Sneak and Peak, Maze Craze…. Packaged with the multi cart of course.

Children’s books sell real well. What about something like this but with more brilliant colors!

IMG_0520.jpeg

My eyes! MY EYES!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

In general, I'd say today's kids - like every generation of kids - has trouble relating to and appreciating "old stuff." They also don't relate well to joysticks like that. A kid would much rather use a phone, tablet, Switch or other modern console to game like their peers. This kind of product is primarily for nostalgic adults.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_0520.jpeg

I reckon that's how a lot of the original games developers could see the original console as I believe they would party/smoke a lot !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Microjak said:

I reckon that's how a lot of the original games developers could see the original console as I believe they would party/smoke a lot !

I am willing to bet that the current incarnation of the video game industry smokes more Flower than Atari could ever imagine. LOL

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

My eyes! MY EYES!

8 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

In general, I'd say today's kids - like every generation of kids - has trouble relating to and appreciating "old stuff." They also don't relate well to joysticks like that. A kid would much rather use a phone, tablet, Switch or other modern console to game like their peers. This kind of product is primarily for nostalgic adults.

3 hours ago, Microjak said:

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

I am willing to bet that the current incarnation of the video game industry smokes more Flower than Atari could ever imagine. LOL

Well, I can’t be the one coming up with all the IDEAS! 😄🤣😆

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

In general, I'd say today's kids - like every generation of kids - has trouble relating to and appreciating "old stuff."

It is far worse than that. 🤣

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 2:34 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

These are same as back in the day. 

One game announcement has been held back as its being 'Enhanced' similar to Berzerk.

Hopefully this is simply the start of many more releases for the 2600+ and legacy systems

Hi Ben, just bumped this out of excitement. Is there an update on the enhanced game?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_0520.jpeg

Today I learnt that @MrChickenz is colour blind. :P

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_0520.jpeg

Lol, we talked about the Kee Games version recently.

Kee Games VCS | stecki | Flickr

• Like 5