IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

43 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

On the contrary, more work is being done on 2600+ related stuff then ever. It all just takes too long.

We don’t mind being patient. Take the time that you need to do a quality job. It’s just hard waiting without knowing.   :)  

Once the firmware is finalized, I would like to suggest that Atari/Plaion reach out to all of the current 2600+ customers to let them know that an update is available.    

The fact that Atari/Plaion is supporting the 2600+ ecosystem and that you are actively involved with the community is I think what will eventually set you apart from any competition.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Plumbob said:

We don’t mind being patient. Take the time that you need to do a quality job. It’s just hard waiting without knowing.   :)  

Once the firmware is finalized, I would like to suggest that Atari/Plaion reach out to all of the current 2600+ customers to let them know that an update is available.    

The fact that Atari/Plaion is supporting the 2600+ ecosystem and that you are actively involved with the community is I think what will eventually set you apart from any competition.  Keep up the great work!

Agreed,and the fact Ben is replying on a Saturday night says it all 🍻

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Plumbob said:

Have a new Atari 2600+ Club - my email is already on some kind of marketing list with Atari, so just create a focused club around that for 2600+ owners 👍

• Like 3

On 4/13/2024 at 2:36 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

On the contrary, more work is being done on 2600+ related stuff then ever. It all just takes too long.

I know the higher-ups instructed you to keep everything close to the vest, but how about a hint? One of us will say something like, Driving Controller support? And you can *cough* once for yes, and *cough, cough* twice for no.

So, Driving Controller support?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

I know the higher-ups instructed you to keep everything close to the vest, but how about a hint? One of us will say something like, Driving Controller support? And you can *cough* once for yes, and *cough, cough* twice for no.

So, Driving Controller support?

An update is coming soon. A patch list is being written up at the moment.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, shane857 said:

I'm guessing an official update is coming before the release of the new(ish) games and accessories? 🤔

Well, the next Mainboard IMG and Dumper Chip EXE I received this morning thats going to be the next release. 

There is some internal testing happening right now and then my hero @raz0red will likely be starting a new thread making the files available.

PXL_20240417_152234517.MP.jpg

Edited by Ben from Plaion
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Well, the next Mainboard IMG and Dumper Chip EXE I received this morning thats going to be the next release. 

There is some internal testing happening right now and then my hero @raz0red will likely be starting a new thread making the files available.

Thanks for the info Bro. 👍

6 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Gimme

bill murray nw GIF

Edited by John Stamos Mullet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

I have one of the cx78+ pads at home.  I mean the original ones it looks like.  I wonder if the new ones are compatible with my original 7800 system.  There are not USB pads?  They are 9 pin?

https://atari.com/products/cx78-gamepad

"Compatible with the new Atari 2600+ and all original Atari systems."

I have 2 original CX78 that are both working fine and I use them for all of my 7800 (2 button) gaming on my 2600+

I'm definitely going to get some CX78+ pads to compare. I'm assuming that my originals will cease to function at some point, but I've been lucky so far

• Like 4

Being a UK Atari 2600+ user, I am looking forward to the New update thou not for homebrew compatibility, as I can not afford to buy them from atariage in the UK.

I'm mainly hoping for more controller compatibility and... Pitfall 2 working! 💪

• Like 5

On 1/30/2024 at 3:13 AM, Ben from Plaion said:

Going live with retail listings for pre-order this week / next week.

Launching May 24th 

FATALRUN_7800_BoxShot.jpg

FOODFIGHT_7800_BoxShot.jpg

NINJAGOLF_7800_BoxShot.jpg

ATARI GAMEPAD-CX78 BOXSHOT.jpg

ATARI PADDLES-CX30 BOXSHOT.jpg

ATARI EXTENSION-CABLE BOXSHOT.jpg

I gotta say, I don't think you could have chosen three better games for the 7800 to kick off. Even I have heard of these (Sega nut) and played them! I have already pre-ordered everything from Mighty Ape here in NZ. Ninja Golf is so much fun. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 7:53 AM, Ben from Plaion said:

Thanks, I appreciate this feedback. A lot of thought goes into the packaging design.

I love how you guys add 'dust covers' to all of your products as part of the packaging. It may not be a conscious thing but I use them for that. The 2600+ one doesn't fit when it's plugged up though. lol