IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

On 1/30/2024 at 5:25 AM, jeremiahjt said:

Alien Brigade and Midnight Mutants are Atari. The only problem with Midnight Mutants would be Al Lewis's likeness on the artwork and in the game.

Commando is of course Capcom.

My first ever acting gig was a small role in a movie with Al Lewis. I remember sitting at the table with him for hours, both waiting to do our scene - we were waiting until the wee hours. He was a lovely, lovely guy. He offered me chewing tobacco. I was 14! Haha. He told me he never watched anything he was in, I was fascinated by that but now I understand it. I was a huge Munsters fan so it was so cool to be able to spend that evening with him and then even be in a scene with him! Al said to the other folk we were with "You watch this boy, he'll be famous in a year". It was 18 months later that I landed a core cast role in a TV show that still runs to this day. I was in it for 13 years and I literally couldn't go anywhere in NZ without being recognised (fame sucks, btw). Al was only 6 months off. Haha. And now I'm a poor game dev...

RIP Al Lewis. Such a legend. I need to play this game now...

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, MantaNZ said:

My first ever acting gig was a small role in a movie with Al Lewis. I remember sitting at the table with him for hours, both waiting to do our scene - we were waiting until the wee hours. He was a lovely, lovely guy. He offered me chewing tobacco. I was 14! Haha. He told me he never watched anything he was in, I was fascinated by that but now I understand it. I was a huge Munsters fan so it was so cool to be able to spend that evening with him and then even be in a scene with him! Al said to the other folk we were with "You watch this boy, he'll be famous in a year". It was 18 months later that I landed a core cast role in a TV show that still runs to this day. I was in it for 13 years and I literally couldn't go anywhere in NZ without being recognised (fame sucks, btw). Al was only 6 months off. Haha. And now I'm a poor game dev...

RIP Al Lewis. Such a legend. I need to play this game now...

Awesome story. I do wonder if Atari has ever tried to contact Al Lewis's estate to see if they could license his likeness.

Fame may suck, but you could tell me your real name and I would have no idea who you are.

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

Awesome story. I do wonder if Atari has ever tried to contact Al Lewis's estate to see if they could license his likeness.

Fame may suck, but you could tell me your real name and I would have no idea who you are.

That's the best bit about being 'famous' in NZ. There's still the rest of the world I can hide. LOL.

On 4/25/2024 at 5:49 AM, MantaNZ said:

I love how you guys add 'dust covers' to all of your products as part of the packaging. It may not be a conscious thing but I use them for that. The 2600+ one doesn't fit when it's plugged up though. lol

I cut into the plastic to create “flaps” so it does 👍

The 400Mini cables connect below the cover so I don’t need to do that, but then that doesn’t really need a cover anyway 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

All the games and accessories I started this thread with will be available in the US, Europe and Australia.

All stock has been manufactured and dispatched from the factory and are on route to distribution centres in all three territories due to arrive in the throughout May to then be sent out to retail.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

All the games and accessories I started this thread with will be available in the US, Europe and Australia.

All stock has been manufactured and dispatched from the factory and are on route to distribution centres in all three territories due to arrive in the throughout May to then be sent out to retail.

Ok thank you so much 

On 2/22/2024 at 4:28 PM, Marc Fiorillo said:

I know everybody is asking about game manuals...how about writing and releasing them for Berzerk and especially for Mr. Run and Jump for those of us who have already purchased the games?  A retroactive release of manuals would be really cool!

And Or a PDF file sized so it fits in the box. Anyone can print on photo paper. Just for Berzerk and Mr. run and Jump.

3 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Will those who preordered  from the website receive theirs before or after retail?

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 4:28 PM, Marc Fiorillo said:

I know everybody is asking about game manuals...how about writing and releasing them for Berzerk and especially for Mr. Run and Jump for those of us who have already purchased the games?  A retroactive release of manuals would be really cool!

I printed this one for my Berzerk on glossy photo paper to fit in the box. I still have to print one for Mr. Run and Jump

IMG_0285.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

I printed this one for my Berzerk on glossy photo paper to fit in the box. I still have to print one for Mr. Run and Jump

IMG_0285.jpeg

Your prints look great!

I know their not a top priority, but I'm waiting for the "Official" instructions.

On 2/23/2024 at 1:18 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

Instructions for Berzerk and MR&J I'll make at some point.

• Thanks 1