IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

7 hours ago, Bratwurst said:

Could you post pictures of the engineered differences between the original CX78 and the revised CX78+? It's pretty exciting to see old hardware come back like this.

I did not use my two CX78 pads much but I am curious about the improvements of the CX78+

The originals are too stiff, so I may try the new version🤔

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

I never had the original CX78.  So, I don't know how it was.  Hopefully the improvements are good on the new version. 

I've got 2 original CX78s (thankfully both in working order).

As soon as I get my hands on one of the new ones I'll let y'all know how they compare 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I saw that they have appeared on Amazon now, so all three games plus one Joypad ordered!

I don't need the extension cable as I have some Mega Drive/Genesis ones, they are full pin outs and work just fine. They don't have the nice Atari logo on, but I can live with that.

• Like 4

I just saw that the new joypads, paddles and games are for pre-order on Amazon.de.

To my big surprise delivery to Finland is only possible for the games. Not for the joypad of the paddles. I wonder what amazon is doing?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I saw that they have appeared on Amazon now, so all three games plus one Joypad ordered!

I don't need the extension cable as I have some Mega Drive/Genesis ones, they are full pin outs and work just fine. They don't have the nice Atari logo on, but I can live with that.

Yeah, I have some nice (insert Chinese brand name) 9 pin extension cables. I had to buy them for my Flashback Gold 50th console. Like you, I don't see the need to buy the Atari branded cables when those work great.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, karri said:

I just saw that the new joypads, paddles and games are for pre-order on Amazon.de.

To my big surprise delivery to Finland is only possible for the games. Not for the joypad of the paddles. I wonder what amazon is doing?

That sucks. Amazon needs to get their stuff together, people all around the world want these great products. So many times in my life I've wondered if Amazon knows what they're doing. Nothing I've seen has led me to a definitive conclusion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, karri said:

At least you can order the games - I just checked Amazon Canada and none of the new items is listed yet.

• Sad 1

On 1/29/2024 at 2:13 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

Going live with retail listings for pre-order this week / next week.

Launching May 24th 

FATALRUN_7800_BoxShot.jpg

FOODFIGHT_7800_BoxShot.jpg

NINJAGOLF_7800_BoxShot.jpg

ATARI GAMEPAD-CX78 BOXSHOT.jpg

ATARI PADDLES-CX30 BOXSHOT.jpg

ATARI EXTENSION-CABLE BOXSHOT.jpg

I will be buying food fight, ninja golf ,fatal run and the cx78+ joystick. Hopefully they will have plentiful stock on amazon UK and US. 

• Like 3

I wish I had waited a few days to order the games and controller on Amazon but I ordered them direct from Atari. On the plus side I got a 15% discount for it being my first order, but on the minus side I had to pay for shipping which erased most of that discount. And I don't get the protections I would get if I ordered on Amazon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glorkbot said:

I wish I had waited a few days to order the games and controller on Amazon but I ordered them direct from Atari. On the plus side I got a 15% discount for it being my first order, but on the minus side I had to pay for shipping which erased most of that discount. And I don't get the protections I would get if I ordered on Amazon.

It would be nice if Atari offered free shipping.  I try to get free shipping when possible.  But it's not always an option.

12 hours ago, xeex said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CTJ7K25B

(Amazon apparently thinks 1.5m = 4ft. I guess they round down.)

Look, they didn't do so good with the schooling, alright? 🤣

At least on the Atari store page, it's correctly listed as 5 feet. Sure, it's slightly under, but less than an inch under. So, you round up. (at least that's what they taught me in school)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, scifidude79 said:

Look, they didn't do so good with the schooling, alright? 🤣

At least on the Atari store page, it's correctly listed as 5 feet. Sure, it's slightly under, but less than an inch under. So, you round up. (at least that's what they taught me in school)

Games and pad now on Amazon Germany but no cables yet.

For 24,99€ I might get a pad but there is time until May to think about it😊

Screenshot_20240203_204130_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 3