IGNORED

PiRTO preview - New RTO multicart powered by Raspberry Pico

Very nice Crash! Now if I can get my Intelli to look that good on a LCD!😝 I have 3 built so far. Whipped out the ol Monoprice Select Mini to print the cart as I can't get my Sovol SV01 to reliably print. I'm currently modifying the cart's front to look more like an original cart. I'll post a screen cap of the models so you all can get a look. Then hopefully the printed cart will turn out good. Building these have been a blast. So, Aotta, could a Pico work for a 2600 cart? 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also for those who are on the fence I would recommend getting the RGB set up from crossbow when the Crayon King will releases more of his boards on eBay.

The setup I'm using with two consoles with HDMI scalers is perfect, no lag at all.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Oh nice! I'll look into those. Here's what the cart will look like. I could either put text on the space, or have a sticker done up. Plan on printing one tomorrow and seeing if I need to make any adjustments.

PiRTO.png

PiRTO2.png

Edited by SiberianSpForces
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, SiberianSpForces said:

Oh nice! I'll look into those. Here's what the cart will look like. I could either put text on the space, or have a sticker done up. Plan on printing one tomorrow and seeing if I need to make any adjustments.

PiRTO.png

PiRTO2.png

That's a really cool color.  Well done. 

• Like 1

*Update* 

Printed the base and my board doesn't fit. Why? Because the model is for the SMD pcb and mine is the first version.😆 I opened the SMD KiCad pcb file and seen that it matches the stl files. No biggie. I'll print the top and make sure it all fits and I'll zip up the stl's and make a link. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 9:25 PM, Crash7 said:

Also for those who are on the fence I would recommend getting the RGB set up from crossbow when the Crayon King will releases more of his boards on eBay.

The setup I'm using with two consoles with HDMI scalers is perfect, no lag at all.

The King has a very limited amount of boards available in his eBay store right now. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284935701275?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=7ttgS0VcR1e&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=lvydDrTwRtq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tissemon said:

You had problems with your cart before - What was the solution to make it work?

This is aotta's PiRTO.

It works in this Sears unit. 

But here's the funny part? The console that I have that has problems is a Super Pro, that has an INTV II EXEC chip in it.

And it still has issues even with this cart. 

Homebrew's, even with CFG files accompanied with it, will not play using his cart, they play in this Sears unit as you can see with my GORF example. 

Mattel classic INTV games, will not play using his cart, even if they have CFG files with it, they play in this Sears unit with or without CFG files.  Flawlessly. 

But every .bin I have, from Activision, Atari, or INTV Corp, like Defender, Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Pole Position, Mud Buggies, .etc

As long as they have a .CFG file with it?

They load right up on this Super Pro. 

It really doesn't matter though, because I wanted a cart to play with my brother, and that's why I got the Sears unit, and it works perfect with that, so I'm very happy and thankful, that aotta sent me one to test for him. 

Edited by Crash7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crash7 said:

This is aotta's PiRTO.

But here's the funny part? The console that I have that has problems is a Super Pro, that has an INTV II EXEC chip in it.

Homebrew's, even with CFG files accompanied with it, will not play using his cart, they play in this Sears unit as you can see with my GORF example. 

Mattel classic INTV games, will not play using his cart, even if they have CFG files with it, they play in this Sears unit with or without CFG files.  Flawlessly. 

But every .bin I have, from Activision, Atari, or INTV Corp, like Defender, Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Pole Position, Mud Buggies, .etc

It really doesn't matter though, because I wanted a cart to play with my brother, and that's why I got the Sears unit, and it works perfect with that, so I'm very happy and thankful, that aotta sent me one to test for him. 

Ok! Good to hear that you got it running! Regarding CFG-files: Most games use the settings in 0.cfg, and if you load a bin that doesn't have a cfg-file with the same name, it's loaded up using 0.cfg from the root of your SD-card. Here are the 10 different config files used by all original games, together with an Excel-file with what game uses what config. For example: Commando uses config 2 and is named commando.bin. Then you make a copy of 2.cfg, put it in the same folder as commando.bin and rename it to commando.cfg. Then you can load it.

Don't know if this will solve your Super Pro-problems. But it might solve some problems for other people here 🙂

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i've downloaded both the cfg-files and the excel-file from other threads online that I can't remember where they were. But please don't give me credit for them - I'm just forwarding the info.

INTV-ConfigFiles.zip

Edited by Tissemon

3 hours ago, Crash7 said:

This is aotta's PiRTO.

Maybe the updated firmware will get it working with your Super Pro Intellivision. I'm amusing the firmware currently in that PiRTO cartridge isn't the latest and works off of specific delay parameters.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Maybe the updated firmware will get it working with your Super Pro Intellivision. I'm amusing the firmware currently in that PiRTO cartridge isn't the latest and works off of specific delay parameters.

It's only the Mattel classics and Homebrew's, that have a hard time working in my Super Pro with his PiRTO.  

Tissemon ☝️☝️☝️told me how to do a CFG file for commando? 

I created it? 

And it loaded right up. 

Commando is an INTV Corp release.  

This unit was really put together with a lot of different parts, and it's missing some few parts inside per crossbow who did the upgrade on it, he also did the upgrade on my Sears unit.

The fact that it works flawlessly in my Sears? Tells me it's just the way this unit is built that is causing the problems with the Classics and the Homebrews.    

But will definitely watch out for firmware updates. 

Thanks everyone for your help fellas.

This is my favorite place to go on the web.  It pretty much has been since I discovered it.

Keith 🕹️ 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crash7 said:

It's only the Mattel classics and Homebrew's, that have a hard time working in my Super Pro with his PiRTO.  

Tissemon ☝️☝️☝️told me how to do a CFG file for commando? 

I created it? 

And it loaded right up. 

Commando is an INTV Corp release.  

This unit was really put together with a lot of different parts, and it's missing some few parts inside per crossbow who did the upgrade on it, he also did the upgrade on my Sears unit.

The fact that it works flawlessly in my Sears? Tells me it's just the way this unit is built that is causing the problems with the Classics and the Homebrews.    

But will definitely watch out for firmware updates. 

Thanks everyone for your help fellas.

This is my favorite place to go on the web.  It pretty much has been since I discovered it.

Keith 🕹️ 

I would really recommend updating to the latest version of the Firmware if you havn't done that already.

I tried the first version with 3 different PAL PCB - 2 of them were exact same revision and the other had some other layout on the PCB. All three were from regular PAL INTV1 and worked fine with all original games. But all three had to use different timing-settings in the old Firmware, otherwise some games would work, but some games, like Dracula and Antarctic Tales, would have glitches on some of the boards.

When I updated to the latest firmware, all games I tried worked on all three PCBs without any issues.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 8:39 AM, Crash7 said:

I'm pretty sure I have his latest firmware if he posted it here. 

In this thread.  

Yes, but Aotta also accidentally posted a v1.1 with a bug in this thread (I don't know if it's removed now or not). So just to be sure, I would have downloaded the latest version from GitHub and installed that on your cart. https://github.com/aotta/PiRTO/tree/main/PiRTO1.1/Binaries

Another recommendation, if you are still having trouble with cfg-files and/or have some .rom-games (that can't be run as is on the RTO), is that you download jzIntv for windows - it comes with the command line-program rom2bin. You can either just type rom2bin gamename.rom or just drag the game.rom to rom2bin.exe and it will generate a bin+cfg-file for that game. jzIntv can be downloaded here. http://www.spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/ 

• Thanks 1

I did have the latest firmware I went to that link you just posted and I tried every one of them and it was still the same issues in this Super Pro.

I'm sure it's this console, like I said there's a lot of different parts in it from different models.

I have both of those emulators, I prefer Nostalgia for the classics, but then I have to use JZINTV for some of the home-brew games I have. 

But both do the things we needed to do to play the games. 

• 3 weeks later...

Making progress with the non SMD shell. Just need to make a panel with text and I'll link it. My printer is having waves in the first layer, but that's on my end. I cut up a styrofoam cup lid for the running man cut out. Already frosted/diffused and the bump fits spot on over the LED. For testing, just using kapton tape to hold it on.😝

IMG_20240601_082408.jpg

IMG_20240601_082231.jpg

IMG_20240601_081720.jpg

• Like 1