IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Love it!

This is my favorite post of the day!  Could also go here...

So what kind of beer are you drinking?  (Just curious)   My friend is coming up today from Denver,  a couple of hours away..After a few things we'll be hitting the microbreweries this afternoon...

Nothing fancy, Michelob Ultra. 😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Then why the hell is it taking me 30 years? 😂🤣😁

Try completing the original Pitfall, It's even tougher! I prefer to go right(The toughest way) you can get more valuable treasures this way and increase your score quicker. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Try completing the original Pitfall, It's even tougher! I prefer to go right(The toughest way) you can get more valuable treasures this way and increase your score quicker. 

I play that one often but haven’t completed it yet. I like Pitfall! You have to try Pitfall!x256 a hack by Thomas Jentzsch. Really fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY!

I be playing some GALAXIAN today! I love this game! Sometimes I leave the game in the console all day and keep coming back trying to beat my highest score of the day.

You can select 9 different skill levels and Left difficulty A single shot. Left difficulty B continues fire.

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I be playing some GALAXIAN today! I love this game! Sometimes I leave the game in the console all day and keep coming back trying to beat my highest score of the day.

You can select 9 different skill levels and Left difficulty A single shot. Left difficulty B continues fire.

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

Nice!

About 15 years I was able to buy a NIB copy for around $15 bucks. Same with defender.:cool:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

Great 2600 arcade port. 🥇 I prefer this to Galaga on the 7800

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

I had a copy of this game but with modifications people made on here to remove the yellow border and give the sprites a more arcade accurate feel. But I lost it. I don't know how to get it all recreated now, it was in age old threads. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

I had a copy of this game but with modifications people made on here to remove the yellow border and give the sprites a more arcade accurate feel. But I lost it. I don't know how to get it all recreated now, it was in age old threads. 

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/154984-hack-project-thread-galaxian-arcade-double-dragon-xenophobe-etc/

Not sure if this is what you’re talking about.

Been playing Midnight Mutants today. This one is gonna take some beating!

My only criticism is the diagonal movement control takes some getting used to, and no password save.

The 7800 needed/needs more games like this...

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

• Like 5

I have played Xevious and made quite decent score  (at least for me 😊)  This is very good port of the arcade and even when difficulty level is set to Novice it is still damn difficult. 

As I was sitting close to tv I wished we could have a switch to make the screen smaller, those pixels are huge.IMG_0112.thumb.jpeg.5060f3c8444e3a2dd5081529d99e33ad.jpeg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, shane857 said:

Been playing Midnight Mutants today. This one is gonna take some beating!

My only criticism is the diagonal movement control takes some getting used to, and no password save.

The 7800 needed/needs more games like this...

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

You may be interested in this thread:

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MarcinJ said:

I have played Xevious and made quite decent score  (at least for me 😊)  This is very good port of the arcade and even when difficulty level is set to Novice it is still damn difficult. 

As I was sitting close to tv I wished we could have a switch to make the screen smaller, those pixels are huge.IMG_0112.thumb.jpeg.5060f3c8444e3a2dd5081529d99e33ad.jpeg

It appears the game is set to have independent firing of the two weapons, but a one button (ambidextrous) controller is being utilized. 

The respective Difficulty Switch needs to be set (to Position "A") ensuring one button fires both weapons:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Trebor said:

It appears the game is set to have independent firing of the two weapons, but a one button (ambidextrous) controller is being utilized. 

The respective Difficulty Switch needs to be set (to Position "A") ensuring one button fires both weapons:

Thanks for info. With the difficulty set to Novice you automatically get both weapons.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Trebor said:

Yup, he's using a 2600 controller with a 7800 game. (at least from the photo) And getting away with it, because you can with some 7800 games. You can't play Dark Chambers like that lol 

Edited by tradyblix

5 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Yup, he's using a 2600 controller with a 7800 game. (at least from the photo) And getting away with it, because you can with some 7800 games. You can't play Dark Chambers like that lol 

Actually I have also CX78 controller, but it is old so I use it only if absolutely necessary. 

40 minutes ago, MarcinJ said:

Actually I have also CX78 controller, but it is old so I use it only if absolutely necessary. 

I have an original CX78 controller and use it with 2600 and 7800 games instead of the CX40 mostly...apart from maze type games where you need more forceful direction like Pac-Man etc.

• Like 1

This evening I've been playing Frankenstein's Monster. Probably THE best game Data Age released, in my opinion...

Controls take a while to get used to thou are responsive. The game SERIOUSLY ramps up the difficulty thou.

2nd stage bats start to fly diagonally as the levels progress. I love it, great game! 

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

• Like 4