IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

2 hours ago, shane857 said:

Wow! What's the difference with this version? 🤔

For each of the 256 variations, you now can select additional variety with left difficulty switch = A (B = no variations). At difficulty A, the score is displayed in orange and you get 5 instead of 3 lives. Initially the following things have been varied:

1. pits on a treasure screen will open and close twice as fast
  2. you gain 2,000 more points per treasure (maximum score now 178,000)
  3. the logs may roll into both directions
  4. when loosing a life, Harry always reappears on the side of the screen where he had entered it (so no skipping by loosing a life anymore :))
  5. fire, cobra and logs are positioned on the left side too
  6. there may be one or two fires or cobras on one screen
  7. the liana may have a 50% faster speed

Every 4 collected treasures (down to 12 remaining) some obstacles may change their behavior and become a bit more difficult to master.

• Like 1

Been playing Raft Rider today...

Played it first on original hardware, works fine. Tried it on the 2600+ and yes works fine also.

I prefer playing it on my original VCS as with the majority of my 2600 games. A difficult game to control and frustrating, not to the point of I never want to play it again thou...

To collect the gold nuggets you have to put your pole straight. 😂

DSC_0007.JPG

• Like 3

Played Crash Dive for the first time earlier. wasn't expecting much, thou I was pleasantly surprised.

A really fun and addictive little shooter. Love how you can alternate between sky, sea surface, undersea and seabed.

DSC_0007.JPG

• Like 1

Qbert! Is the game of the day for me. Although I’ve had this one in my collection for years I never played it much. I couldn’t get past the crappy graphics. I was use to the arcade version. Playing on original hardware you had RF interference plus crappy graphics!

After revisiting it on the Atari 2600+ the crappy graphics look much more clear! lol! All kidding aside the game plays really well! It seems a bit faster than the arcade version but the controls are very responsive! Which makes game play fun!

Thanks to the 2600+ I’m playing Qbert after all these year! And enjoying the game!

IMG_0048.jpeg

IMG_0050.jpeg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Qbert! Is the game of the day for me. Although I’ve had this one in my collection for years I never played it much. I couldn’t get past the crappy graphics. I was use to the arcade version. Playing on original hardware you had RF interference plus crappy graphics!

After revisiting it on the Atari 2600+ the crappy graphics look much more clear! lol! All kidding aside the game plays really well! It seems a bit faster than the arcade version but the controls are very responsive! Which makes game play fun!

Thanks to the 2600+ I’m playing Qbert after all these year! And enjoying the game!

IMG_0048.jpeg

IMG_0050.jpeg

I like the port. Holding the Joystick diagonally takes some getting used to thou. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_0048.jpeg

IMG_0050.jpeg

I just came home from a gaming night at a friends house. We also played Qbert 2600 on his RasPi with an 8BitDo Arcade Stick and I was really amazed how well it played. Need to get that one too.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 11:27 PM, John Stamos Mullet said:

Been playing Spider-Man 2600. This game is tough but addictive.

Yes! I agree! I’ve had a lot of fun with this one. I can’t tell you how many times I end up on the ground SPLAT!

But I keep going back for more!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, the_rogue_1 said:

I just came home from a gaming night at a friends house. We also played Qbert 2600 on his RasPi with an 8BitDo Arcade Stick and I was really amazed how well it played. Need to get that one too.

It is amazing how well it plays! First time I’m actually playing this. I just had a pretty good round 25,550 was my score! What kind of scores were you and your friends getting on game night?

7 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

It is amazing how well it plays! First time I’m actually playing this. I just had a pretty good round 25,550 was my score! What kind of scores were you and your friends getting on game night?

We didn’t really track the scores. But I’ll let you know as soon s as I get  the game myself. 

• Like 1

ROBOT CITY is the name of the game for me today! Homebrew by Thomas Jentzsch. It looks simple trust me it’s not! Very addictive game play! If you like even more challenging game play there’s a mode to select so AI bots revive themselves. And a second joystick can control AI for two player action. Lots of fun! This is one of those 2600 games that looks and plays great!

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

IMG_0060.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

ROBOT CITY is the name of the game for me today! Homebrew by Thomas Jentzsch. It looks simple trust me it’s not! Very addictive game play! If you like even more challenging game play there’s a mode to select so AI bots revive themselves. And a second joystick can control AI for two player action. Lots of fun! This is one of those 2600 games that looks and plays great!

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

IMG_0060.jpeg

Looks good. Is the gameplay similar to Wizard of Wor?

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Looks good. Is the gameplay similar to Wizard of Wor?

Wizard of Wor is a great game! Although they are both maze games to me they seem quite different in play. With Robot City you have to be more methodical when moving around the maze. The AI Bots can only be destroyed from behind. While doing so the AI Bots can and will trap you! You have a time limit to clear each Maze. And on selected modes the AI Bots can revive each other making it quite difficult to complete a level with limited time.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Thanks 1

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY!

Today’s Game is Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes!

Your objective is to trap the Tomato Plants at the bottom of the screen by
building three walls above them.  At the same time you must avoid or shoot
down all flying Tomatoes, dodge Tomato Bombs and stop the Brick-Eaters.

This cartridge is my original from back in the day! It was a favorite for my wife and I. We played this one quite often.

Be sure to set the left difficulty switch to A for four lives. B is unlimited lives good for practicing. Right difficulty switch is for the speed of Tomatoes and Tomato Bombs.

This is one fun Game!

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0092.png

• Like 2

Todays game is Red Dead Redemption 

In this open world (your half of the screen) survival, shooter you have to be fast on the draw! Or you’ll wind up dead! 
Watch out for Cactus, hop on a Wagon! If it ain’t broke! And I’ll be darn there’s a Shoot’n Range!

I have to be honest, I never knew there was target practice in this game. Lol!

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0105.gif

IMG_0107.png

IMG_0109.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The game today is FANTASTIC VOYAGE.

THE OBJECTIVE:
You and your submarine are to be injected into the bloodstream of a 
critically ill patient.  Your mission is to blast your way through 
several phases of artery obstacles and destroy a life threatening Blood Clot.

Although I didn’t own this one back in the day my brother in law did. I remember I liked the game then it wasn’t until last year I picked this one up. I’m glad I did, this is a good but challenging game!

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0141.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

The game today is FANTASTIC VOYAGE.

THE OBJECTIVE:
You and your submarine are to be injected into the bloodstream of a 
critically ill patient.  Your mission is to blast your way through 
several phases of artery obstacles and destroy a life threatening Blood Clot.

Although I didn’t own this one back in the day my brother in law did. I remember I liked the game then it wasn’t until last year I picked this one up. I’m glad I did, this is a good but challenging game!

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0141.jpeg

One of the best vertical scrollers 👌🏻

• Like 1