IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories Giveaway

24 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I've been playing this a lot recently and its just sublime.

I have a email in my drafts for Capcom on this, but I keep avoiding sending it because I cant face the probable rejection.

To give you some encouragement Capcom allowed games to be released on the Super Pocket, so they do work with others. The 2600 Plus is a huge brand compared to the Super Pocket.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BassGuitari said:

7800 - Blue Max (port from XEGS)

7800 - NARC (port from Arcade/NES)

7800 - Smash TV (port from Arcade/NES)

7800 - AtariBlast (port from 800/5200)

7800 - A.P.B. (port from Arcade/Lynx)

7800 - original titles

2600 - Qwak! (port from Arcade...with optional light gun support 😜)

2600 - BMX Airmaster red label re-issue

2600 - Xenophobe Enhanced...with true split-screen 2-player co-op

2600 - Reissues of 2-player games--Combat, Outlaw, Space War, Air-Sea Battle, etc.--with AI/CPU opponents added (and in the case of Space War, maybe the color of space could be changed from green to black? 😜)

2600 - [Re?]issues of unreleased games (Wizard, Polo, etc.)

2600 - original titles

I will always raise my hand for Comabt single player or a Combat 2 which includes a single player mode.

I have mentioned this on here before too.

• Like 2

A klondike card game with paddle/joystick control. Plus it has a nice TIA tune with no need for bankswitch/extra ram/sound hw.

After all I believe Klondike was very popular on the early PC. Most gamers have played it at some point in their lives.

Nyttkuva2024-03-20085951.thumb.png.8aefcc6cf8d9a06cad56d22600aa35b6.pngNyttkuva2024-03-20090011.thumb.png.841c72d012748e9c6c79a299f4677c55.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

To give you some encouragement Capcom allowed games to be released on the Super Pocket, so they do work with others. The 2600 Plus is a huge brand compared to the Super Pocket.

For my sins I made the Capcom Home Arcade. Its just the whole process of even trying to start a discussion about licensing is so tedious and time consuming. I had a couple of setbacks last week after putting a lot of time into pitches I just got rediculous feedback. I shouldnt moan cause i clearly have a great job but even so the thought of starting conversations and keeping them alive till actually getting the deal done fills me with dread.

38 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

For my sins I made the Capcom Home Arcade. Its just the whole process of even trying to start a discussion about licensing is so tedious and time consuming. I had a couple of setbacks last week after putting a lot of time into pitches I just got rediculous feedback. I shouldnt moan cause i clearly have a great job but even so the thought of starting conversations and keeping them alive till actually getting the deal done fills me with dread.

Understandable.

Im sorry to be blunt but I have no interest in direct reproductions of old games. Yeah, a very few might make sense and jazzy art packages do kinda tempt me sometimes but I probably won't ever actually by them...

Something like 1942 for the 7800 would be an instant sale. Capcom has their old games everywhere (I think they are even built in the latest evercade) so they DO license their stuff out for sure. 7800 ghouls n ghosts would be an INSTANT purchase for many people too and it  an/has been proven to be possible. Commamdo reissue would be one of the few that makes sense due to compatibility issues, etc...

Basically we've kind of lost the ability to purchase (non atari) arcade ports now and I have a feeling a LOT of those were pretty good sellers...I know I pretty much bought them all and I'd love to keep buying them. 

Some kind of Ricki and Vicki release would be an instant purchase for MANY too...not sure if this has already been discussed or not though

TLDR

No more reissues of old games (most)

Yes to Capcom

Ricki and Vicki???

Homebrew Arcade ports that we can no longer purchase anywhere (already programmed/ discontinued or new efforts) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Plumbob said:

Imagine the free publicity if Atari re-released E.T.  That would get people’s attention.  Maybe an enhanced version. 

"Decades later Atari has decided to fix E.T"

You might be on to something....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

Im sorry to be blunt but I have no interest in direct reproductions of old games. Yeah, a very few might make sense and jazzy art packages do kinda tempt me sometimes but I probably won't ever actually by them...

Something like 1942 for the 7800 would be an instant sale. Capcom has their old games everywhere (I think they are even built in the latest evercade) so they DO license their stuff out for sure. 7800 ghouls n ghosts would be an INSTANT purchase for many people too and it  an/has been proven to be possible. Commamdo reissue would be one of the few that makes sense due to compatibility issues, etc...

Basically we've kind of lost the ability to purchase (non atari) arcade ports now and I have a feeling a LOT of those were pretty good sellers...I know I pretty much bought them all and I'd love to keep buying them. 

Some kind of Ricki and Vicki release would be an instant purchase for MANY too...not sure if this has already been discussed or not though

TLDR

No more reissues of old games (most)

Yes to Capcom

Ricki and Vicki???

Homebrew Arcade ports that we can no longer purchase anywhere (already programmed/ discontinued or new efforts) 

I do agree with you but then reality hits you when you are in charge.

Re-issues are easy and sell well enough to warrant bringing to market. I think though it looks like further 2600 re-issues will be multi game carts. With single game carts being for 2600 new games or ports and 7800 games

1942 would only be possible due to a generous offer from the devs and IF Capcom were interested and IF they asked for a reasonable MG. Ghouls and Ghosts may well have a proof of concept, but there are no current plans to finish the game and what are we talking here... 1000 hours to finish on a per hour rate - no chance its financially feasible with the current forecasted game unit sales.

Rikki and Vikki is a no brainer, but we havent even got the game running on the 2600+ for me to even think about approaching this.

Bottom line for me is that homebrew 2600 and 7800 scene is amazing and one filled with people that are full of passion, they while the hours away mostly as a hobby. I dont think anyone if driving off in a Lambo and thats the rub, the amount of hours needed to make a game with the quality of the titles you mentioned at the moment just costs too much vs the return on investment....this could all change though.

Arcade ports are interesting and have been talked about a lot. Maybe one or two are being worked on at the moment.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I do agree with you but then reality hits you when you are in charge.

Re-issues are easy and sell well enough to warrant bringing to market. I think though it looks like further 2600 re-issues will be multi game carts. With single game carts being for 2600 new games or ports and 7800 games

1942 would only be possible due to a generous offer from the devs and IF Capcom were interested and IF they asked for a reasonable MG. Ghouls and Ghosts may well have a proof of concept, but there are no current plans to finish the game and what are we talking here... 1000 hours to finish on a per hour rate - no chance its financially feasible with the current forecasted game unit sales.

Rikki and Vikki is a no brainer, but we havent even got the game running on the 2600+ for me to even think about approaching this.

Bottom line for me is that homebrew 2600 and 7800 scene is amazing and one filled with people that are full of passion, they while the hours away mostly as a hobby. I dont think anyone if driving off in a Lambo and thats the rub, the amount of hours needed to make a game with the quality of the titles you mentioned at the moment just costs too much vs the return on investment....this could all change though.

Arcade ports are interesting and have been talked about a lot. Maybe one or two are being worked on at the moment.

Yeah, I kind of figured all this but thanks for the the response, I both respect and appreciate it. 

I know most of the homebrew guys already expect to make very little on their games but I suppose it could get really messy really fast if that line of thinking were to "be assumed" for atari 2600+ projects. 

I totally get it...

Obscure arcade ports...one or two in the works?? Ok, sounds like we have a chance here ;)

Thanks man

50 minutes ago, Plumbob said:

Imagine the free publicity if Atari re-released E.T.  That would get people’s attention.  Maybe an enhanced version. 

ET is one of my all time favorite 2600 games so I would totally buy it...

But for 7800 re-releases: Tower Toppler, Desert Falcon, Impossible Mission, and Rampage.

• Like 2

7800 ports of Atari Lynx games would be so awesome but I know...I'm being unrealistic again lol. 

I would like some way to play them though, maybe a VCS download? I'm about to buy an evercade just to play lynx games on my TV.

The original handheld is just not practical for me anymore (or my eyes lol) I'm not sure how popular Lynx stuff would be though. I bought one at launch so I've got a lot of nostalgia for it, newcomers might not be impressed...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Climber said:

7800 ports of Atari Lynx games would be so awesome

Actually something like RED might be possible on the 7800. It is still in development.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Oids, An awesome evolution of gravitar, asteroids, and lunar lander. It was an Atari ST game but I think the 2600+ could do it justice. Not easy to play nowadays or well known. I am dying to play it again and the 2600+ would be a great platform for it. fantastic game. Give me a co-op option as well!

Edited by swiller
  • Like 1

Indy 500, call it Race or Race 500, with Driving Controllers which includes full compatibility with the 2600+.

Second would be Star Raiders with Video Touch Pad and overlay with, again, full 2600+ compatibility.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Enhanced Star Raiders and Indy 500 with the hardware. Maybe, like the paddle pack, the racing controllers have a few games to play. For you to make good on having more than one game to use these controllers, 40+ years later would be awesome! 🤯

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

Indy 500, call it Race or Race 500, with Driving Controllers which includes full compatibility with the 2600+.

Second would be Star Raiders with Video Touch Pad and overlay with, again, full 2600+ compatibility.

Holy moley we are on the same wavelength! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1