IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories Giveaway

19 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

Indy 500, call it Race or Race 500, with Driving Controllers which includes full compatibility with the 2600+.

Second would be Star Raiders with Video Touch Pad and overlay with, again, full 2600+ compatibility.

I would love it if they also came out with a second game to use with the Driving controllers. What about Enhanced Pole Position 2 on the 7800 or Sprint Master?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I've been playing this a lot recently and its just sublime.

I have a email in my drafts for Capcom on this, but I keep avoiding sending it because I cant face the probable rejection.

No risk, no fun @Ben from Plaion. 😜

I understand your pain, I am dealing on a daily basis with new projects and the initial part can be cumbersome.  Once it runs it runs. 

Star Raiders would be nice but I am guessing that including the touch pad would make it too expensive.

Not knowing what exactly Atari has the rights to makes it hard to make realistic suggestions.

Mitch

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Not knowing what exactly Atari has the rights to makes it hard to make realistic suggestions.

Exactly! I believe they own M network. They made games like 🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹   AIR RAIDERS   🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok, I thought of something...

Scrapyard Dog on the 7800...

I "want" to like this game, I really do but the difficulty is too high so I pretty much hate it. Maybe an enhanced version that is easier/more playable 😃 there are other things that could be changed to make it more fun too...

• Like 1

I’d love to see Centipede or Alien Brigade 7800 versions because they are quite expensive and difficult to find here in the UK, and Asteroids 7800 because it never came out here as a separate cart. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

Im sorry to be blunt but I have no interest in direct reproductions of old games. Yeah, a very few might make sense and jazzy art packages do kinda tempt me sometimes but I probably won't ever actually by them...

If for no other reason than to undercut the insanely overpriced "collectors" market it's still a good idea even if you aren't interested personally.

• Like 4

Having the entire Atari catalog for the 7800, I'd like to see some new classic titles...

Crystal Castles, Millipede and Missle Command I believe are owned by Atari.  This would be great if the Trak-ball issues get solved.

If the rights for Qix could be obtained, that would be a nice 2 button game!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

If for no other reason than to undercut the insanely overpriced "collectors" market it's still a good idea even if you aren't interested personally.

Great!  I'm up for SwordQuest Waterworld and Quadrun being released, in their original style boxes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Just thought of another idea: any 7800 light gun exclusive games that can be reworked for joystick / trackball use?  Meltdown, Sentinel, Alien Brigade, Barnyard Blaster?  Maybe even a dipswitch controlled multi-cart?

Something tells me I'm just warming up on this topic!!

Edited by Marc Fiorillo
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Bottom line for me is that homebrew 2600 and 7800 scene is amazing and one filled with people that are full of passion, they while the hours away mostly as a hobby. I dont think anyone if driving off in a Lambo and thats the rub, the amount of hours needed to make a game with the quality of the titles you mentioned at the moment just costs too much vs the return on investment....this could all change though.

Homebrew developers do make money off their sales on Atari Age and even some sales on the VCS. Now it isn't enough to make back what they put into the game at all. There is currently a system where games do get published. If you had a similar payment structure I'm sure developers would like to get their games published. A percentage of sales would make most sense as this is how it works on the VCS to a point. This information is readily available to you with people you know who work for, um Atari!

If the licensing is worked out a developer may want to work on certain games just as they currently do.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I have a few samples of the new lines to giveaway. 

3 x Gamepads

2 x Paddle Packs

2 x Joysticks

Food Fight 

Fatal Run

Same as the Christmas giveaway - to win one just post in the thread what 2600 or 7800 game you'd like to see Atari release - re-issue of an old game, port from a different system, perhaps a newly developed game?

I'll pick the winners on May 31st, good luck!

PXL_20240507_090502442.jpg

Sorry, I just have to ask the question, I see that one of the prizes is Fatal Run and another one is Food Fight, but how come one of the prizes isn’t the new DB9 Extension Cable?  

🤣😜😂

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I get it man, I do...

For some games it makes sense (and I did mention that) but for many of them it seems kind of unnecessary...

I guess if people are buying them though its a good move for the company. I'm just kind of surprised there is that much interest in say an "Outlaw" remake. Thats a pretty common game thats not really on the "A list" if you know what I mean

The multicarts sound interesting though...

Ultimately I really do want Atari to succeed...I'm a fan and will support as much as I can. Ive got a VCS and an Atari 2600+ but I kind of draw the line at buying games I already own, or can acquire originals much cheaper (food fight for instance) I understand its a good way for Atari to (cost effectively) get software out but...

I wonder how many people saying they want or support these reissues of old games (they likely already own in some form, flashcards, etc) are actually PURCHASING them? 

It would be easy for me to say "remake Ninja golf" since I don't own it and its expensive with the box, but am I going to actually pay $30, $40 or $50+ for it? Probably not...

Just thought I owed it to Atari to be honest...I'm not very interested in remakes of the same old games. 

but if other people are buying them and its making Atari some decent money....I totally support it 😃 so don't get me wrong here!

By the way - Plutos and Sirius are 2 games that could really benefit from some minor tweaking. I think they would play well with some very small "enhancements" (assuming these IP are owned by Atari?) I don't know though...maybe not? 😄 

• Like 2