(Tempest in the style of Tempest 2000)

Combat

(With single player!)

Gravitar

Minigolf

Millipede

Midnight Magic 

Batty

(Paddles compatible, a port of the Spectrum game, improved colour, obviously.)

(Bruce) Lee 2

(A new Bruce Lee game, in fact as I type this there is already one in development I believe)

Dark Cavern 

(I know there's a homebrew, but don't Atari own the M Network games now?) 

Gas Hog

(Who owns it? Make a rip off original game if you have to!)

Yeah, I know, with the last two I am indulging myself with two of my favourites 😋,  but theres enough Atari IP here that could be utilised on the 7800 too. 

• Like 4

Just joinned AA. I bought a 2600+ from Amazon UK during one of their recent offers. I never had a 2600 but a friend had one. So, I don't have a stock of cartridges and I'm not that keen on getting old carts off ebay etc..

My nostalgia is for the iconic 2600 games / art from the late 70s very early 80s.

So my wishlist:

Multicart Asteroids, Space Rocks, perhaps Asteroids Deluxe. One cart but with original black label and 70s iconic Arari font.

Same for Pacman but with Pacman 8K Perhaps Pacman 4K. Perhaps Ms.Pacman too.

Space Invaders but mildly enhanced (different rows in different colors. Again original artwork black label. Classic font.

The ET cartridge is so infamous, to have a tweaked version with the default game being the one that was actually playable. With instructions and quick getting started guide. That would be hard to resist. (Tbh: I'm not sure whether the people that say it's their fav game are serious or its an in joke).

Galaga 7800 with Galaxians on a mc.

Enhanced Defender 7800 so that the ship doesn't disapear

But also standard versions of the black label XP games that were only released in the US.

Thanks very much for your dedication to the 2600+.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NeilWilson said:

Please check out Stargate 2600, it is amazing close to the defender arcade game but makes use of twinstick controls.

The 2600 defender port... well... I sold it years ago when I got hold of Stargate😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NeilWilson said:

Just joinned AA. I bought a 2600+ from Amazon UK during one of their recent offers. I never had a 2600 but a friend had one. So, I don't have a stock of cartridges and I'm not that keen on getting old carts off ebay etc..

My nostalgia is for the iconic 2600 games / art from the late 70s very early 80s.

So my wishlist:

Multicart Asteroids, Space Rocks, perhaps Asteroids Deluxe. One cart but with original black label and 70s iconic Arari font.

Same for Pacman but with Pacman 8K Perhaps Pacman 4K. Perhaps Ms.Pacman too.

Space Invaders but mildly enhanced (different rows in different colors. Again original artwork black label. Classic font.

The ET cartridge is so infamous, to have a tweaked version with the default game being the one that was actually playable. With instructions and quick getting started guide. That would be hard to resist. (Tbh: I'm not sure whether the people that say it's their fav game are serious or its an in joke).

Galaga 7800 with Galaxians on a mc.

But also standard versions of the black label XP games that were only released in the US.

Thanks very much for your dedication to the 2600+.

Welcome to the community! It's a friendly and fun place. 😊

I have some thoughts and advice, the games you mentioned are mostly licensed from other companies so are unlikely.

You also mentioned a reluctance towards buying classic carts, I'd say definitely buy them. Otherwise you will be missing out on lots of games. If you stick to new official releases only you will have a tiny library that won't include the games you are after and you may become disenchanted with the platform.

If you jump into eBay you can have lots of fun with classic carts and they will pad out the time between new official releases. Homebrew carts may also be to your liking too. 

Enjoy!

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Please check out Stargate 2600, it is amazing close to the defender arcade game but makes use of twinstick controls.

The 2600 defender port... well... I sold it years ago when I got hold of Stargate😊

I should have RTFM. I wasn’t aware of twinstick controls for this game. 🕹🕹 Going to play some Stargate now! Thanks!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I should have RTFM. I wasn’t aware of twinstick controls for this game. 🕹🕹 Going to play some Stargate now! Thanks!

Atari Commandment Number 1:

Thou shalt always RTFM

💁🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

How about a futuristic take on Frogger?  Where Frogger is a robot frog.  He has to jump onto hover cars to reach the top of the screen.  There would also be other obstacles/enemies as well.  Because he's a machine, if he gets hit or falls, he blows up.  I think this would be an interesting spin on the classic game.

I have the original game.  But to see a futuristic version of it would be cool.  

• Like 2

On 5/7/2024 at 4:19 PM, Mitch said:

Alien Brigade would be cool, I have a copy of the original artwork as well.

But you would have to ignore the light gun part.

Mitch

Why would you have to ignore the light gun part? The cartridge would still work in original hardware, where a light gun could still be used with a CRT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Why would you have to ignore the light gun part? The cartridge would still work in original hardware, where a light gun could still be used with a CRT.

I was referring to the fact that they are mainly marketed for the 2600+ which doesn't support a crt connection. Obviously, if you use an original 7800 with a crt then it will still work with a light gun.

Mitch

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

You should check out Bob's version!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Exactly this! I picked up both after getting the + and Stargate (well, mine is called Defender II) is so good I just can’t play the first one now. The flicker especially is just too much and I’m not normally one to care about that stuff. Stargate is probably my most played game on the + this year. 

• Like 2

Reissue Midnight Mutants for the 7800.

Atari owns this game already.   If "Grampa" being in the game is too much to re-license, then just pay an Atari 7800 programming enthusiast to change all references of Grampa to a new name and change the graphic of the character slightly to a more generic Dracula.

Do you see what this game is going for on eBay?  There is definitely demand for this game!  Also, it's cool that this is an Atari 7800 exclusive game.

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=702

• Like 4

Someone to finish the Mark of the Mole 2600 game. Apparently Homer Flynn of the Crypic Corporation (and definitely not in anyway the Resident's lead singer and now sole original member), sold the prototype to a fan who put it in their sock drawer, never to be seen again.

Or...

Montezuma's Revenge. Excellent game that costs way too much these days

Or...

Saboteur (that actually ships to the UK)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

How about a rerelease of 🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹 ASTEROIDS  🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹 for both 2600 and 7800! And maybe a tweaked 2600 version to eliminate the black bar on the side of the screen!

And yes there is SPACE ROCKS homebrew which I still have to buy. But I would also buy a rerelease of these games!

If not just go ahead with 🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹   AIR RAIDERS  🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹

IMG_0351.jpeg

IMG_0354.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz