IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories Giveaway

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

Damn, i feared that was the case.

I mean at this point, how much would the WB really charge for that IP? Cant charge absurdly or else it might be more feesable for a 7800 demake of Driver! :D:_(

Such is licensing...

Judging by statements made by Antstream Arcade, Warner think that they're sitting on a goldmine.

I doubt that Atari SA can afford to do business with them until they one day come to their senses and realize that while far from worthless, 99% of their classic arcade videogame IP only holds modest value.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Judging by statements made by Antstream Arcade, Warner think that they're sitting on a goldmine.

I doubt that Atari SA can afford to do business with them until they one day come to their senses and realize that while far from worthless, 99% of their classic arcade videogame IP only holds modest value.

Oh god, they really are "no lowballing i know what i have!" With APB... ugh, well at least theres an idea for those wanting to make a top down cops or crime based 7800 game ;)

Posted (edited)

What about Dark Chambers... with a 4 player mode and adapter🤗

Not sure if that could be done via the external USB port, as the internal officially doesn't exist😊

20240521_190616.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MrShep said:

Since "ports from another system are allowed" ... I would've loved to live in a universe where Jeff Minter was coding for the 2600 / 7800.

Gridrunner, perhaps? 😀

YES YES YES PLEASE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrShep said:

Since "ports from another system are allowed" ... I would've loved to live in a universe where Jeff Minter was coding for the 2600 / 7800.

Gridrunner, perhaps? 😀

Llamatron twinstick 7800 special edition🤙

🕹🕹

llamatron_st_format_7.png

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 4

On 5/7/2024 at 9:38 AM, Intellivision Master said:

I'd like to see a port of Gremlins from the 5200 on the 7800.  As for a re-issue of an old game, Pengo for the 2600.  Or perhaps an updated version on the 7800.  For a new game, it would be a vector style graphics space shooter on the 2600/7800.

I'm reposting in case anyone missed it.  

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 3:42 PM, BassGuitari said:

7800 - Blue Max (port from XEGS)

7800 - NARC (port from Arcade/NES)

7800 - Smash TV (port from Arcade/NES)

7800 - AtariBlast (port from 800/5200)

7800 - A.P.B. (port from Arcade/Lynx)

7800 - original titles

2600 - Qwak! (port from Arcade...with optional light gun support 😜)

2600 - BMX Airmaster red label re-issue

2600 - Xenophobe Enhanced...with true split-screen 2-player co-op

2600 - Reissues of 2-player games--Combat, Outlaw, Space War, Air-Sea Battle, etc.--with AI/CPU opponents added (and in the case of Space War, maybe the color of space could be changed from green to black? 😜)

2600 - [Re?]issues of unreleased games (Wizard, Polo, etc.)

2600 - original titles

Smash TV 🕹🕹

• Like 3

On 5/7/2024 at 9:52 PM, ewokmic said:

I’d love to see Centipede or Alien Brigade 7800 versions because they are quite expensive and difficult to find here in the UK, and Asteroids 7800 because it never came out here as a separate cart. 

Centipede 7800 TB with selectable controls (joystick/true Trakball)🤗

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

INTO THE EAGLES NEST. For the Atari 7800
A 3D top down perspective WWII game. Does anyone remember this one? I use to play this on my C64. There was something very addictive with this game.

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0534.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

A 3D top down perspective WWII game. Does anyone remember this one? I use to play this on my C64. There was something very addictive with this game.

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0534.jpeg

I remember this. It was during the Gauntlet clone era.  Lots of games like this released on the Spectrum and C64. I always enjoyed them. 

Of course Atari don't own Gauntlet now, but they do own Dark Chambers and I believe Dandy so we could definitely see Gauntlet style games again. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Alien Breed Tower Assault 7800 twinstick😉

• Like 4

I think totally new games for the 2600 and 7800/2600+ would be the best choice, because there won't be IP problems as with the classic arcade games and ATARI could go the way of Mr. Jump 'n Run and also release a Windows version for more sales.

I may do the same, I have a couple of ideas and may develop them on PC first and the " downgrade" to the systems I like, including the 800 XL , the 2600/7800 and the STE.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lord-Chaos said:

I think totally new games for the 2600 and 7800/2600+ would be the best choice, because there won't be IP problems as with the classic arcade games and ATARI could go the way of Mr. Jump 'n Run and also release a Windows version for more sales.

I may do the same, I have a couple of ideas and may develop them on PC first and the " downgrade" to the systems I like, including the 800 XL , the 2600/7800 and the STE.

I mean Mr. RUN & JUMP of course.