IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories Giveaway

How about a Tetris clone where the Tetris blocks are helium balloons of various shapes that float up rather than fall down. And then the balloons pop when a row is formed?  (Getting the “pop” sound effect just right would be key). On the side of the screen, you can see the next ballon getting inflated. Maybe when balloons pop, little fragments of debris fall down just for added effect. 
Basically just Tetris upside down, but maybe that would avoid any potential license issues??? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

On 5/7/2024 at 4:16 AM, Ben from Plaion said:

I have a few samples of the new lines to giveaway. 

3 x Gamepads

2 x Paddle Packs

2 x Joysticks

Food Fight 

Fatal Run

Same as the Christmas giveaway - to win one just post in the thread what 2600 or 7800 game you'd like to see Atari release - re-issue of an old game, port from a different system, perhaps a newly developed game?

I'll pick the winners on May 31st, good luck!

PXL_20240507_090502442.jpg

I have a couple ideas for homebrew,

1. A port of Castlevania for either the Atari 2600 or Atari 7800

2. A port of Maniac Mansion for either Atari 5200 or Atari 7800

3. A port of Duke Nukem 3-D for the Atari Jaguar

4. A port of Major Havoc for either Atari 2600 or Atari 7800

As for Re-issues of Older games,

1. Mario Bros. for Atari 2600

2. Joust for Atari 2600

3. Pac-Man for Atari 5200

4. Video Olympics for Atari 2600

5. Super Breakout for Atari 2600

6. Burgertime for Atari 2600

As for a new game, how about a sequel to Centipede that combines gameplay elements of the original "Centipede" with elements of "Millipede" and "Breakout", as well as add bosses and a story mode, releasing this on either Atari 2600 or Atari 7800 could work and/or push sales of the Atari 2600+. We could call this hypothetical sequel, "Super Centipede"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatVintageToaster said:

2. Joust for Atari 2600

As for a new game, how about a sequel to Centipede that combines gameplay elements of the original "Centipede" with elements of "Millipede" and "Breakout", as well as add bosses and a story mode, releasing this on either Atari 2600 or Atari 7800 could work and/or push sales of the Atari 2600+. We could call this hypothetical sequel, "Super Centipede"

I forgot to read the guide lines, so I read them and realized that I seriously messed up. The site won't let me edit my own post so I'll put a revised version of what I'd like to see here, of course with some changes and additions,

Homebrew Ideas:

1. A port of the orignal NES version of Castlevania 1 for either the Atari 2600 or Atari 7800

2. A port of the original version of Maniac Mansion for Atari 7800 (yes the original, not the NES version)

3. A port of the Original Arcade Pac-Man for either the Atari 2600 or Atari 7800

4. A port of the arcade version of Major Havoc for either Atari 2600 or Atari 7800

5. A port of the Master System/Game Gear version of Sonic 1 for the Atari 7800

6. A port of the Famicom version of Contra for the Atari 7800

7. A port of either the arcade or colecovision versions of Space Panic for either the Atari 2600 or Atari 7800

8. A port of Marble Madness for either the Atari 2600 or Atari 7800

9. A port of Paperboy for either the Atari 2600 or Atari 7800

10. A port of Altered Beast for the Atari 7800

11. A demake of the PS1 reboot of Breakout for the Atari 7800

12. A port of the arcade version of Heiankyo Alien for either the Atari 2600 or Atari 7800

Re-Issues:

2. Joust for Atari 2600

3. Crystal Castles for Atari 2600

7. Centipede for Atari 2600

8. Millipede for Atari 2600

New Game:

A sequel to Centipede that combines gameplay elements of the original "Centipede" with elements of "Millipede" and "Breakout", as well as add bosses and a story mode, releasing this on either Atari 2600 or Atari 7800 could work and/or help push sales of the Atari 2600+. We could call this hypothetical sequel, "Super Centipede", "Centipede 2", or "Centipede +".

Sorry I had to make what is basically the same post again, but I am using mobile at the moment, as my computer is at home and the site won't allow me to edit my original post, so I had to make the same post (this time following the guidelines) again with changes and additions. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

In descending order from realistic to unrealistic:

A reissue of Dark Chambers for the Atari 2600 and 7800.

A new, wide-spread release for Rikki & Vikki for the Atari 7800.

Edit: A physical release for karri's Klondike game or some form of Solitaire.

An enhanced reissue of Indy / Race 500 with a pack-in Driving controller.

A reissue of Star Raiders with a pack-in Video Touch Pad and overlay.

A physical release of Quad Games with a pack-in Quadtari.

Edit: Re-prints of manuals and packaging for past Atari games.

Edit: Customized cartridges for past Atari published games.  (Think Converse or Xbox Design Labs.)

Release an Atari 5200 cartridge adapter for the 2600+.

Broker a deal with Namco, AtGames, and all of the indie / homebrew devs involved so we can have official, licensed releases of Draconian, Galagon, Pac-Line, Jr. Pac-Man, Baby Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man, and Pac-Man: 40th Anniversary Edition.  You can also reissue any Namco / AtGame titles previously published by Atari.  And then pay someone to port Gaplus, Pac-Man: Championship Edition, Pac & Pal, and Professor Pac-Man.

Edited by KainXavier
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, KainXavier said:

Edit: A physical release for karri's Klondike game or some form of Solitaire.

The current version is so much better than the previous one. Paddle support is still in the works. There will be a real cart later this year. I am currently working on the box. It is going to be sweet. And standard size. The wings and tail fold nicely.

IMG_20240524_143256.thumb.jpg.539eadb8a676ad9b9b6b84faaacd82df.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, littaum said:

I would love for Atari to start releasing/promoting some of the better 2600 AtariAge home brews - I would nominate RAPTOR (and being a 4K game it should work on the 2600+!).

I agree.  Also, Raptor does work on the 2600+.  I have the game & it works fine on the default firmware.  It seems that 4K games play without issue on the 2600+ as I have a few.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I agree.  Also, Raptor does work on the 2600+.  I have the game & it works fine on the default firmware.  It seems that 4K games play without issue on the 2600+ as I have a few.

Raptor is a really, really good game. Keep in mind that if you score 1000 or more points, you are eligible for a free patch.👍

IMG_5049.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, karri said:

The current version is so much better than the previous one. Paddle support is still in the works. There will be a real cart later this year. I am currently working on the box. It is going to be sweet. And standard size. The wings and tail fold nicely.

Awesome, I look forward to it! :)

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

Ninja Bowling.

Nice.  You could follow a similar format too!  You bowl, make your way to the concession stand while fighting off brats and drunks, and then stop by the arcade to play a dance mini-game to show off your ninja moves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KainXavier said:

Awesome, I look forward to it! :)

Nice.  You could follow a similar format too!  You bowl, make your way to the concession stand while fighting off brats and drunks, and then stop by the arcade to play a dance mini-game to show off your ninja moves.

I could definitely get behind a Ninja Sports series, could be fun.

• Like 2

also i will commit myself to one more possible suggestion besides idk, something really niche like "Sim City 7800"

Ya know the 5200 gremlins game? what if on 7800 instead of a port or something it would be a different version with the mom from the movie slashing up gremlins with the kitchen knife! Kinda stole this from AVGN but screw it, it would be cool!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 7:54 PM, ThatVintageToaster said:

2. Joust for Atari 2600

if they ever did a Duke Nukem 3D port for jaguar, it would be cool to see the old 2D duke games on 7800 as well!

oops does this count as breaking my own rule?

Edited by Maztr_0n
uhhhhhhh pls dont disqualify my first post!!!
  • Like 2

On 5/24/2024 at 3:40 AM, KainXavier said:

Release an Atari 5200 cartridge adapter for the 2600+.

Assuming the physical adaptor was easily done, I'm expecting that this would require a firmware update, since (unless I'm wrong... feel free to say if I am) the 5200 games would need a different emulator.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 3:36 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

I've been playing this a lot recently and its just sublime.

I have a email in my drafts for Capcom on this, but I keep avoiding sending it because I cant face the probable rejection.

Did you push the send button already? @Ben from Plaion

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 9:36 AM, Ben from Plaion said:

I have a email in my drafts for Capcom on this, but I keep avoiding sending it because I cant face the probable rejection.

Yeah! Push that send button! If Capcom wants to make money then they have to do business with Ben from Plaion!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

if they ever did a Duke Nukem 3D port for jaguar, it would be cool to see the old 2D duke games on 7800 as well!

oops does this count as breaking my own rule?

You could win most castlevania fans over with castlevania 7800 by just having multi directional whip gameplay. If you could put something like castlevania 3 on the nes, the same thing could be done for the 7800.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Love this, how does it play?

It’s a betting game. Players bet Win Place or Show on a horse Start the race. But it’s a bit of strategy to it. Different races, different furlongs. Dry, mud and turf tracks. You check past performances.

Up to six players.

There are 10 races whoever has the most winnings at the end of 10 races is the winner.
I believe two players can control two horses or just let the computer control them.

It can be as involved as you want if you check all the stats or you can simply pick a horse and bet.

The last picture is what a 7800 version might look like. Not sure what system that was for.

Here are a few pages from the manual there are four more pages. It was pretty complex for an Intellivision game.

IMG_0604.jpeg

IMG_0605.jpeg

IMG_0606.jpeg

IMG_0607.jpeg

IMG_0590.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Ok This one I always played on Intellivision! Great party game fun for the whole family! A day at the races!

HORSE RACING by MATTEL

For the Atari 2600+ or 7800

AND WE’RE OFF!

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0591.png

IMG_0592.png

IMG_0589.png

IMG_0590.webp

I really like this!  An Intellivision game that is a bit off the beaten path, and not an obvious choice.  I bet it could look really nice on the 7800!

In the meantime, we never had a RealSports Hockey.  I'd love to see that as an addition to the 2600 lineup.

• Like 3