IGNORED

Atari 7800+ announced, along with 10 new games and 2 new controllers

Ben from Plaion

18 hours ago, romeoteknik said:

Hi @Ben from Plaion, I got word from Atari on X that the bundled game is just the cartridge in a sleeve. Will you be offering a "Core" version of the console without the game for a lower price? I rather save that $30 and use it to buy a boxed version of BBCQ. If not, then that's fine, just thought to ask.

Also Atari on X mentioned that there are slight memory differences, is that something you can expand on? Perhaps it increases stability or provides better compatibility?

According to Atari on X, there is a difference in memory:

https://x.com/atari/status/1825889671697568152?s=46&t=TPgcC5b3Y6qBNlIQzt4GwQ

There are some minor differences in software, memory specifically

7800+

Memory - 256MB eMMC/256MB DDR3 RAM
Wired Connections - HDMI/USB-C/DB9 Controller Ports

2600+
Memory 256MB DDR3 RAM / 256MB eMMC fixed internal storage.
Wired CX40+ Joystick with DB9 connector

It's never come up in conversation to release a machine without a game. 

Yeah, SOC, memory and RAM are the same. Differences between the two are updated cart socket and changes to the dumper and controller chips.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The 7800+ does not seem to be available to Finland. Last time I got the 2600+ through the German Amazon. Since then I just get a notice "we don't ship to your location".

Is there some vendor in EU that could sell a 7800+ and accessories to other EU countries without the hassle with customs?
Shipping to Germany appers to be ok.

44 minutes ago, karri said:

The 7800+ does not seem to be available to Finland. Last time I got the 2600+ through the German Amazon. Since then I just get a notice "we don't ship to your location".

Is there some vendor in EU that could sell a 7800+ and accessories to other EU countries without the hassle with customs?
Shipping to Germany appers to be ok.

It is still not available on German Amazon, but I could help you to get it from Germany and ship it to Finland once it is available and you cannot get it yourself. 

Edited by MarcinJ

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

It's never come up in conversation to release a machine without a game. 

Yeah, SOC, memory and RAM are the same. Differences between the two are updated cart socket and changes to the dumper and controller chips.

Is it also true for the 2nd revision of 2600+?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MarcinJ said:

Is it also true for the 2nd revision of 2600+?

That will have the same improved socket as the 7800 Plus, but not the new dumper and controller chips I believe... which may prove to be the secret sauce and offer more compatability, hopefully.

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MarcinJ said:

It is still not available on German Amazon, but I could help you to get it from Germany and ship it to Finland once it is available and you cannot get it yourself. 

Thanks! I will be in Dusseldorf area during eJagfest. So if I cannot get the order through before that I might use the help of someone attending eJagfest at the last week-end in October. Surely the console is shipping by then.

I already have the 7800 PAL, 7800 NTSC and 2600+. Testing my lovely games on a 7800+ would be nice.

Besides... For some reason my games look best on the 2600+. Both the colours and the sounds are better as I only have a HDMI TV for display.

• Like 1

Just now, THX-1138 said:

Has anyone in the UK pre-ordered from Amazon (UK) yet?

Were my eyes deceiving me or are some of the box art different to the ones Atari have shown?
Also some games are like £24.99, others almost £30?!?

I managed to find and order the 7800 Plus and a CX40 Plus Wireless, that was all that was listed at the time. That was a couple of days ago, I will check to see if I can find the games now.

6 minutes ago, THX-1138 said:

Has anyone in the UK pre-ordered from Amazon (UK) yet?

Were my eyes deceiving me or are some of the box art different to the ones Atari have shown?
Also some games are like £24.99, others almost £30?!?

Yeah it's messed up right now.

After searching this is what I saw - some missing, wrong price, spelling error, one I ordered and it now says cancelled in my orders page. Very bad Amazon! 

45 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Yeah it's messed up right now.

After searching this is what I saw - some missing, wrong price, spelling error, one I ordered and it now says cancelled in my orders page. Very bad Amazon! 

Yeah I think Berzerk 7800 was listed as CD-ROM software or something weird. I’m still waiting for confirmation on peripheral compatibility, so I figure by the time I get that the listings will be sorted 😂

10 hours ago, Age-of-Atarius said:

Yikes!  TMI here.  IMO some downside is not compatible with the original hardware.  Can't play with a CX-10 or basic CX-40 nor Trackballs? I am old school and prefer that my Atari equipment to be something tangible.  Sure, emulation is nice for most people, however the nostalgia factor of something you can feel in your hands just can't be duplicated.  I am on the fence with this item & happy with my Retron 77 as it is PAL compatible.    

Well, you need to get over that because everyone else here has lol. 

your mind will be changed when you see that crisp output lol 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 12:14 PM, John Stamos Mullet said:

At this point, I'm kind of hoping that Ben/Atari adjust the dumper so that when someone puts in a Star Raiders cart, this shows up after the LOADING GAME...

I wonder if Rick Astley owned an Atari 2600 back in the day.🤔

3 hours ago, MarcinJ said:

It is on Amazon.de, but it was not visible with a search. Sadly enough, as a Dutch citizin I get the message the items can not be delivered in The Netherlands.... That is the first time I see that message, normally everything of Amazon.de can be delivered to The Netherlands.

Direct links:

Atari 7800+ https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0DDLGC7YX

CX78 wireless gamepad https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0DDQ7HT57

CX40 wireless joystick https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0DDLH66KJ

• Thanks 1

Figures... I finally decide to buy something (2600+) and it gets revised with a better version the next month. 🙄

I'll also second (or third) the comments about the size of the rainbow stripe. The original thin one looks better (to me).👍

4 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

It is on Amazon.de, but it was not visible with a search. Sadly enough, as a Dutch citizin I get the message the items can not be delivered in The Netherlands.... That is the first time I see that message, normally everything of Amazon.de can be delivered to The Netherlands.

Direct links:

Try Amazon UK. I had a 2600+ delivered for free in the US and the price was lower. It came DHL, which is not commonly used in the US.

BUT I think I know why it was cheaper and they offered it that way, however. They were probably clearing stock for the upgraded model. Thanks for that, @Plaion.😕

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, WozNYC said:

I was disappointed with the new Bounty Bob art. If it's not by Scott Ross, it just looks wrong to me.

37884-1.jpg

That is the box art of Miner 2049. This is the original box art of Bounty Bob strikes back ;-)

Bounty_Bob_Strikes_Back_Aackosoft_cass.thumb.jpg.d49a23a4e48ab9217cfb7f1dc763d5fe.jpg

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zonie said:

Try Amazon UK. I had a 2600+ delivered for free in the US and the price was lower. It came DHL, which is not commonly used in the US.

BUT I think I know why it was cheaper and they offered it that way, however. They were probably clearing stock for the upgraded model. Thanks for that, @Plaion.😕

Thanks. I checked but at Amazon UK it is not possible to pre order it at the moment.

2 hours ago, Fred_M said:

Direct links:

Thanks! Do not worry I also cannot order to Germany. I think it is a placeholder at the moment.