IGNORED

Updated cartridge socket giveaway

Ben from Plaion

34 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I'm thinking about it, @Albert offered to list them for sale on Atari Age store

That would be great if you could order an improvement kit from AtariAge for the 2600+. Even if it is just the cartridge socket kit.

Also those PAL Food Fights that are sitting in the warehouse. They still work if you have the update correct? I’ll buy one of those so there’s no loss.

• Like 2

I was traveling back home and had my 2600+ all packed up and missed this. Congrats to all the winners!

I am interested in an upgrade socket and ribbon pack for retail sale for original 2600+ owners. Sometimes it's tiring playing pull the cart on the 2600+.

Or I guess I can wait, save up and buy a 7800+ (which honestly I've already pre-ordered).

Edited by atwwong
Formatting and adding more info.
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2024 at 11:11 PM, MrChickenz said:

That would be great if you could order an improvement kit from AtariAge for the 2600+. Even if it is just the cartridge socket kit.

Also those PAL Food Fights that are sitting in the warehouse. They still work if you have the update correct? I’ll buy one of those so there’s no loss.

Count me in. 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acidbottle said:

Bollox am I too late to, really want an updated cart slot to!

Anyways, provided Atari 2600+ is still getting a rev 2 with these I will await patiently for that instead.

We've already shipped Atari 2600+ with updated cart sockets to Plaion US, which supplies Amazon and to Atari who supply Atari.com.

They both probably have some inventory of rev 1 which is now being mixed with rev 2 with the upgraded socket.

46 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Good news. The ribbons came in and I'm ready to ship the 40 boards now. I will DM everyone over the next few days and ship out next week.

Great!! I have noticed that my Impossible Mission cart is loose in my 2600+ and it will often do not load properly. 

3 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Buone notizie. I nastri sono arrivati e ora sono pronto a spedire le 40 tavole. Manderò un messaggio privato a tutti nei prossimi giorni e spedirò la prossima settimana.

Fantastic! Thanks Ben 😍