IGNORED

7800+ interview with Matt Burnett - Atari VP of Strategic Operations

Ben from Plaion

I've been lucky enough to work very closely with Matt for over two years. He's my main man at Atari. The man that said to me in a meeting back in 2022...Ben scratch everything we've talked about, Atari want to work with you to release a new Atari 2600. I'll never forget it, I came off that call and was like holeeee shieeet!

I'm so happy to see him do a video like this, its pitch perfect. More please Matt!

Edited by Ben from Plaion
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, bent_pin said:

Very cool. Really looking forward to getting this new batch of A+ in the mail and seeing what you crazy bastards come up with next!

I'm so glad he did this, it really is the Matt Burnett, Ben Jones connection that is making this happen!!!!

+ I always bow down to everyone else involved, all the AA devs and community, the wider Atari and Plaion support. So pumped up tonight guys!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ben from Plaion said:

I'm so glad he did this, it really is the Matt Burnett, Ben Jones connection that is making this happen!!!!

+ I always bow down to everyone else involved, all the AA devs and community, the wider Atari and Plaion support. So pumped up tonight guys!

Make sure you grab a beer,you deserve it!🍻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Ben scratch everything we've talked about

I am curious about what y'all were talking about.

I tried to see if Matthew Burnett was on Discord, but Atari does not do a great job of answering questions. So next time you talk to him, tell him thank you for calling CX-78 by the correct name, Joypad. I know it is a small thing, but it was appreciated by this Atari fan.

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Ben scratch everything we've talked about, Atari want to work with you to release a new Atari 2600. I'll never forget it, I came off that call and was like holeeee shieeet!

Atari has chosen the right man, congratulations Ben!

Thank you for all your dedication to this ambitious project and thank you for being available to listen to the community. And a special thank you for leaving a door open to our best homebrew developers who are always making a difference.

Over time you have become one of the community and we hope that the A+ ecosystem will continue to expand in the coming years!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great interview and the 7800+ looks really well. I do not trust adverts, where the images are enhanced in post production, but here it is really convincing. The Atari mini looks like a poor cousin next to 7800+.
It was a nice touch to mention the community as a source of inspiration. Always glad to help. 

Ps The interviewer was a bit stiff though. 

Ps 2 What I got from the interview is that Atari/Plaion plan to release new homebrew and legacy games and additional controllers(?). Even more controllers? :) 

45 minutes ago, MarcinJ said:

Great interview and the 7800+ looks really well. I do not trust adverts, where the images are enhanced in post production, but here it is really convincing. The Atari mini looks like a poor cousin next to 7800+.
It was a nice touch to mention the community as a source of inspiration. Always glad to help. 

Ps The interviewer was a bit stiff though. 

Ps 2 What I got from the interview is that Atari/Plaion plan to release new homebrew and legacy games and additional controllers(?). Even more controllers? :) 

Well, I don't have a trackball. 🤷🏻😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Looks like Atari and the "plus line" has a bright future.

And soon we'll all be playing like it's 1986

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Oh, oh, aren't these picture in picture pictures dangerous?

Years ago I learned, if you type google into google, you can break the internet😅

A German and you didn't have a beer to share with us. You all have wonderful beer. 

♫ In munchen steht ein hofbrauhaus ♫

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bent_pin said:

A German and you didn't have a beer to share with us. You all have wonderful beer. 

♫ In munchen steht ein hofbrauhaus ♫

Well, today my wife cooked "Schweinsbraten mit Knödeln und Sauerkraut" and of course I had a beer😉

Cheers🍺

PS: There is a 7800 in that pic, too😊

20240914_204114.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 2