IGNORED

Crazy Climber & Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Pitfall Harry

I'm also still curious. Allthough I know all questions and answers, some hints are still a miracle to me.

Ben, if nobody complains, you might consider shortening the remaining time (1 week?). Else the final solution might come to late and the interest might have already faded.

I'm right there with you, Thomas. :shock: How the 82, the key, and some of the subtle clues apply are a real mystery to me.

As Ben has eluded to, there is some logical way all of this relates, but I've lost the logic trail somewhere along the trip. :(

It was also quite shocking when I realized that last clue was so blatant:!:

What are the theories on the 82? :?

ò¿ó                                               smiling_to_evil-smile.gif

Since it matters less now, and my interpretation may be fairly inaccurate, here are my 2 cents on the ring in the exclamation point and the key over 82.

I don't think the locations of these elements was important. Ben may have chosen 82 simply because it was the year the game was released. The important part was "KEY" and "RING" -- an anagram that we've seen in the thread, too. "KEY RING = GREY INK." A clue that the number question was hidden in the gray box with the Pitfall Harry tips.

IIRC, there were actually 3 different shades of gray (my preferred spelling, but useless in the anagram), not just 2, so you could theoretically find the key but NOT see the numbers.

I'm sure once the contest answers are made available, there will be tons o' discussion about it. :lol:

We should shoot for 25 pages. :shock:

So, Thomas, when are you and Ben going to team up to release Pitfall! II: The Adventurer's Level for the 2600? :? Everything I have read indicates that the coding should be very similar. Sounds like a good endeavor. :)

ò¿ó   smiling_to_evil-smile.gif

So, Thomas, when are you and Ben going to team up to release Pitfall! II: The Adventurer's Level for the 2600? :?  Everything I have read indicates that the coding should be very similar.  Sounds like a good endeavor.  :)

You mean a hack of Pitfall II that contains the secret level? Sounds like a good idea.

Hm, I'm not sure if it is possible at all (and what Activision will say).

David Crane was a true digital pioneer when it came to Pitfall! :D But since there's probably no way he could help on this, my next vote for an avid, knowledgable fan and follower of the Pitfall! series would be you, Ben. 8)

I'm sure you wouldn't turn down the opportunity to BETA test preliminary versions as Thomas prepared them. It's just that a real fan of Pitfall! teamed with a real fan of 2600 programming could benefit everyone. :wink:

ò¿ó      smiling_to_evil-smile.gif

GRRRRRRR..I can admit defeat like a man.. (WAHHHHH WAHHHH).. ok.. Congrat to all!!!.. <yes it is true.. I still dont have one answer yet>

But this was fun.. Thanks to everyone that kept this going.. that kept me going.. this was a great stress buster (just bought/moved into my first house this last week).

I just haven't had the time to go through all the clues to try to figure out the braille question, and figure out the numbers clue.  I'll hopefully remember to at least send in the one answer I know before the deadline runs out...

I'll make a post here a few days before the July 11 ending date to remind everyone who has an answer(s) to submit to do exactly that. Good luck!

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

This is the promised reminder that Pitfall Harry's "Mystery of the Map" videoogame contest will officially end on July 12 at 12:01 a.m. PDT. All contest answers must be emailed to me before that time in order to qualify for prizes.

Although First Prize was claimed almost 1 month ago, Second (a rare Crazy Climber game cartridge) and Third (a CIB copy of Pitfall!) prizes are still up for grabs.

The contest is open to ANYONE* who may wish to enter. Please refer to the Contest Rules page for complete details. Good Luck!

Ben

The AtariAge Als and myself are ineligible to win any prizes. Otherwise, everyone else. No contestant my win more than one prize. Contest void where prohibited by law. Blah, blah, blah...

• 7 months later...
So what's up?  The last post was July 5th, 2002.  Will this ever be finished?  I never saw Ben post the answers.

:D Then you have miss something. :P

The answers are out here in this board, somewhere. ;)

He has make a complete website, with all answers and all riddles. :)

Must somewhere here in the contest board.

You can find the solutions too here on his site:

Pitfall Harry :)