IGNORED

Crazy Climber & Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Pitfall Harry

Harry and Anna rush into the Red Chalet. But neither Pitfall Harry nor Rhonda is to be found. They leave the building, bewildered. Soon, they are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. Around them is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully.

They go south.

Anna and Harry are now in a valley in the forest beside a stream tumbling along a rocky bed.

They look down.

Through the rippling waves of the stream they see an old videogame console. Beside it are some game cartridges.

They look at the games.

CL.png

Ben

I figured out the the last games (and the hint) during the halftime break of Germany vs. Camerun, but I had to watch the game to the end. At least Germany won. :D

Thanx again for a great contest.  It's fun hanging out in here and solving your mysteries.   :P  

100 % agreed!

BTW: Why was the last hint not on the contest page? I had to wait until AtariAge was up again. :?:

How many people have sent in correct answers?  :?

I sent in correct answers for the box and number questions, and an incorrect answer for the Braille question.

Ben is obviously getting anxious to have this contest end... the clues are getting fairly direct.

Let's hope someone wraps it up soon! I want my chance at the third-place prize! :wink:

I believe that you probably edged me out by about 15 minutes. :cry: :lol:

Some of those images were tough to figure out. The change-over to the new forums kinda screwed things up too. The two posts that I made last night are actually showing up on page 19 now even though I made them at 9:55 pm and 10:20 pm. :roll:

So is there only three of us with correct answers, or do you think a few more will join in too? :confused: I'm sure that Q*bert and Stan will hit the mark too. :D

ò¿ó

What are you talking about? If it had not been for you and everyone else posting here, I would still be buggin my eyes out :shock: on that dang elderchat.png thing! :?

I sincerely hope you pinned my butt to the wall on this one. It's better to finish second to a nice guy than to beat someone who's a penis. :shock:

Thanx,

ò¿ó

(hee, hee. When you live with emoticons, you have to edit some posts once in a while. :oops:)

Grrrrr.. Back from a long weekend of moving and I have been laped many times.... But maybe A bolt of inspiration will hit...I am pretty sure that I do not have any answers yet..... but we will see...

GRRRRRRRRRR

If you read the last few pages, we've all eluded to a lot about finding the questions, decoding the questions and figuring out the answers. It's no fun to do this stuff if you can't share it. :lol:

Most of it really isn't that difficult, it just takes a lot of time to translate it. :P

And I agree that Ben's clues became more "solvable" as the contest began to wind down. We should all count ourselves lucky that he decided to give us what he did. Since the "official deadline" is the end of this year, he could have left us hangin' for a looooong time, but he didn't. 8)

So please tell us... has anyone submitted all 3 correct answers yet?

BTW Jeffy, nice job translating the blurred cart images. I knew that was where it was going (first letter of each title) but I wasn't familiar enough with all of them to get it! :oops:

And I agree that Ben's clues became more "solvable" as the contest began to wind down.  We should all count ourselves lucky that he decided to give us what he did.  Since the "official deadline" is the end of this year, he could have left us hangin' for a looooong time, but he didn't.   8)

I wonder how he would have reacted, if we had refused to correctly answer the last question any longer. :wink: :D

It was tough for me too. :x

Of course, you could see some of the easy ones right out of the gate. However, I had to dig for the rest. One was an accident and another was luck. I kept looking in the T's for something like Trog or so, when I stumbled across the last one. :shock:

And "Duh", I never even looked at the first letter of each title until I had all of the games. :?

ò¿ó     smiling_to_evil-smile.gif

BTW Jeffy, nice job translating the blurred cart images.  I knew that was where it was going (first letter of each title) but I wasn't familiar enough with all of them to get it!  :oops:

I had the same problems. All I could do was browse AtariAge (I have to thank my company for the fast connection).

I recognized the style of two Atari carts so I quite soon had two letters. Then I tried to find some more vocals, coincidentally found another TigerVision game that way, stumbled over an Avalon Hill game and found another. Then came two more. Now I knew the question already and the rest came easy. :D

After I knew the gimmes, I went to the manufacturer's list and started checking companies with three or more titles.

And much like Thomas said, several were blind luck. I was surprised that Ben used more than one game from certian companies, however. :shock: He must be really ready for all of this to end. :)

Of course, we all sound like we know it's over. If this were a basball game, Ben may throw us a curve ball and eliminate us all. :shock:

ò¿ó

So, what answer did you give, if you don't mind me asking.  :?

I don't mind you asking. But after I submitted my wrong answer, Ben told me the correct answer, on the condition that I would not reveal it or give any clues. I think he was as excited about all of this as I was! :D

Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to share, I think I should keep my wrong answer to myself, since that in itself could be a tip-off to the right answer. I'll leave it at this: On the one I got wrong, I had searched and searched and finally settled on a rather uncertain, but "best I could find" answer. It was wrong. On the two I got right, I had clear and concrete evidence that they were right. When Ben revealed to me the answer I had gotten incorrect, and where I could've found it, it was equally decisive as the other two.

So in short, if you are at all uneasy or unsure about an answer, you are probably wrong. If you are right, you will know you are right. :)

I hope he posts the winners and the correct answers soon.

I may have not been a contestant but I sure as hell am interested. It has been like watching a movie.

Will one of you email me your answers. I am not in the contest and will not submit them.

I hope he posts the winners and the correct answers soon.

I may have not been a contestant but I sure as hell am interested.  It has been like watching a movie.

He won't do that public, because the contest goes until the end of the year.

Only the first prize winner is safe, everybody else who answeres all questions correctly has the same chance.

So you have to find out yourself or wait. :wink:

He won't do that public, because the contest goes until the end of the year.

Actually, the contest only lasts for 30 days past the first-place winner's submission, if I remember the rules correctly.

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

So Malix will have to wait only 30 days! :wink: