IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

I dont normally post in this thread, but here it is!

This guy is a scammer.....

pseudonym

I have made two purchases with this new member to AA, one here and one over at NA. No items have been shipped.......I gave him plenty of time and I think he is hoping I just forgot about this one, but I have nto received any items from this member and he should not be bought from if he can not ship his items. The first item bought was from another site and he never shipped it. I got a paypal refund but no items have shown up as of today and its almost two months since that purchse...

The second purchase was here at atariage and the item has not reached me even after almost 1 month.....

How does this guy pretend to sell and not offer up any items in return?

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS INDIVIDUAL...>!!!!!!!

Edited by Chris Leach

I dont normally post in this thread, but here it is!

This guy is a scammer.....

pseudonym

I have made two purchases with this new member to AA, one here and one over at NA. No items have been shipped.......I gave him plenty of time and I think he is hoping I just forgot about this one, but I have nto received any items from this member and he should not be bought from if he can not ship his items. The first item bought was from another site and he never shipped it. I got a paypal refund but no items have shown up as of today and its almost two months since that purchse...

The second purchase was here at atariage and the item has not reached me even after almost 1 month.....

How does this guy pretend to sell and not offer up any items in return?

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS INDIVIDUAL...>!!!!!!!

They joined 9 years ago, but they do have a low post count. I traded them a ransom of PS1 Goodies for a Turbo CD set. They have said it was sent many times, but alas one month later no proof. Says he was moving, now sick in hospital, and something about the Canadian postal strike. If he is legit, he needs to start proving it. As it sits I'm not too happy about the situation I've found myself in yet again. This makes five sticky AA issues in five weeks. :|

AX

Being, sick, heart attack, those are the usual excuses usually used. :roll: I don't care for excuses, there's NO excuse for sellers not fulfilling their end of the deal, NONE. ;) If someone TRULY was sick, that's no reason to rip someone off, there's always ways to fix the problem instead of just rubbing people off with excuses, COMMUNICATE and FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rik
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Yeah sounds like a problem Im having with a member here.:?

Thought they were a friend. But I guess I was just $$ to them.

Been waiting toooooooo long ( over a year ) for 2 pretty expensive items and all I been getting is excuses ...excuses...Sad really. And I normally woulda went balls to the wall after 3 months and drove up to their door to say "Hi". But since it was AA I have been pretty cool about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...it looks like it is time to add Scootiecat to this list of bad traders. In my opinion scootiecat is a Possible scammer. Looks like everything they buy is always damaged..and they dont buy much. i recently sent two packages to this member here at AA and the first package is a non working game...They have not received the second package, but it is possibly a non working cardboard box and ps1 game as well?

Be very careful when selling to this member......unless something changes

....read their feedback before selling to them..it says everything

I feel bad posting this cause I started their feedback here with a positive, but it looks like things have changed...?

I had one item that truly did not work and another that I had to pay $10.00 for a new AC adapter to get it to work. I am not scamming anyone. I suggest you apologize or you will find yourself with a lawsuit for defamation of character.
scooticat

why threaten me...very tasteless

Edited by Chris Leach

Time to add another person on here that tried to get over on me.

Sold him the last EOTB I had boxed.

This guy bought the item on 17AUG, filed a paypal claim on 23AUG. Then, after receiving his item on 27AUG, he failed to mention anything to Paypal that he received the item. He let it sit in my opinion in the hopes that I wouldn't see the claim and he'd get his money refunded to him, even though he got his item.

I have Tracking and everything, so I'm now just waiting on PayPal to close this stupid dispute. But it pisses me off that he tried to do this, even though I had a tracking number and everything. He claims I did not email him (which I did, even when I was out of town).

Here's the guys name and Ebay ID in case he is someone here... so that all will know that you need to be careful when dealing with this guy.

JAMES POPIK

Ebay ID: vegetavsgoku

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I just suscribed to talk about this case, since my guess is that the forums are related. I´m the Ebay Seller eightiesvault (http://stores.ebay.com/id=1057961606)

I have a situation with the Ebay user scavyone (I don´t know if is proper to include his real name). He bought two Sega games for Vic-20, after arrival (in the delivery time mentioned on the listing) , he send me very long emails about one of the items not being sealed and the other with some depressions in the box.

I accept his claim and ask him what would be necessary to compensate, he replied that he would like to buy 18 copies of the Sealed game "Tass times" for Atari St Computers at 4$ each (I have listed at 10$ each), I mention that that price was not possible for me (108$ loss) and I prefer to solve this issue first before doing more business since that will complicated the issue.

He wrote several times insisting about the Tass times games, and I mention several times. Finally he replied (after I insist several times) that he will like full refund of total transaction since that´s what he will get if he opens a case (note the hidden treat). I reply that i could do full refund with no problems, but Item needs to be returned.

He reply that he will "only" ship with Express International mail for 48$ (more than the total amount of the original sale), I reply for a cheaper service, he refuses. Then I subscribe to a freight company in the Us that will ship back the item to me from a Us address in Florida. He refuses again (at this point I was pretty sure that this guy only wants the money and the games).

He then replies than he will settle with a 50% refund of total amount, I reply since he´s keeping the games I will only refund the 50% of the games costs (more than fair for the "damage" he claimed) He agree.

But, I was really preoccupied about this user, So I ask that he leave feedback first for a little piece of mind. He also agree to do so for one game, leaving the other kidnapped.

He left the feedback with a little "gift" my firts 3 low Dsr ratings (Less than 2 stars), At that point, I knew this guy is one of the "bad apples" of the barrel and decide to no to release his block and not to deal with him again.

So he starts so send me Extortion emails which also involves more Ebay users that I found many are Atari GAe members too.

Original Messages:

Dear eightiesvault,

Unless you are intentionally breaking the agreement or stalling by blocking?

What would you do in my situation?

Curiosity killed the gato. Don't let el gato die.

I will ask these experienced quality buyers below for advice on what they would do in my situation and by 10AM follow their advice.

northwinds,kazama,nickieee,thelostmiguel,classicvideogamecollectors, gertrude54,*dersim*,fmi49fr,ecunet_fr

Regards hasta diez AM.

- scavyone Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: scavyone

Subject: Re: scavyone has sent a message

Sent Date: Nov-17-11 21:08:02 PST

Dear scavyone,

Hi,

It was another accounts that where haced, nothing to do with Ebay and Paypal.

Just for curiosity what will happen when the deadline ends?

- eightiesvault

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: eightiesvault

Subject: Re: scavyone has sent a message

Sent Date: 18-Nov-11 00:57:59 GMT

Dear eightiesvault,

It should not take 3 days to fix.

It only takes 2 seconds to add a bidder block.

It only takes 2 seconds to remove a bidder block.

Links:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=v.rp*g`>b714

Also, if your high-speed internet DSL or Cable modem is down, just use a dial-up modem connection.

That is the best way to get on-line around the world since everyone has a phone line.

Unless you are modernized, then you can use your cell phone to login to eBay.

I was going to wait until today, but I'll wait till tomorrow Friday November 17th, 2011 10AM Venezuela time at latest to have this issue resolved since no one can hack eBay since I work in IT security. They have redundant security systems to prevent this from occurring and I've been waiting patiently for over a month to get purchases going again and that is longer than anyone should have to wait and I have set that as the maximum limit.

Regards.

- scavyone

By the way, the hack attempt is completely true.

A very courios note, the User "northwinds" also go with this name on Atariage just leave me first neutral and create this post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/190316-venezuela-seller-uses-shill-bidders/unread/

Of course he did not contact me about any issue with the game (Unused Asteroids), (http://www.ebay.com/itm/320779879792) I ship the item in picture since was the first one i sold, if any damage of the game could be done by the mail (but at this point I really doubt the word of this user)

Of course scavyone leave my first negative today. (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=eightiesvault&ftab=AllFeedback)

My intentions is to warn the community about this buyer and also to ask this question: This forum is a place where Buyers complot to get free stuff from sellers or damage the reputation of honest sellers? or is just a coincidence?

Please send me your opinions about this case, it could improve my performance as seller.

Also the users mentioned by scavyone (kazama,nickieee,thelostmiguel,classicvideogamecollectors, gertrude54,*dersim*,fmi49fr,ecunet_fr) if you are reading this, it will be very important to me if you clear out your involvement with the situation, I´m not sure which part is a treat and which is true, But I think northwinds could be involved (I leave him the benefit of the doubt as opposite he did for me) I will try to contact them individually.

Sorry for the very large post but Ebay is very aggresive place for sellers, since I´m recent on this I would like to learn as much as possible for this situations.

• 2 weeks later...

It is definitely time to add Chris Leach to the bad sellers list. Several months ago, he sold me a defective NES Tetris game. He would not believe that it was defective and instead added me to this list, calling me a scammer. The game has just been tested on another NES and it doesn't work on it either. All my other games work fine on both Nintendos. Therefore, the problem is definitely the game that Chris Leach sold me. Since he refuses to believe me and refund my money, I am adding him to the Bad Trader list. He also made a comment towards me that I would like to share...

you keep yerself happy at night.."In my opinion" you are a scammer...stop pm'ing me :lust:
--Chris Leach

I am also long overdue in adding the.golden.ax to the Bad Traders list. He sold me a Game Cube with a defective power supply, you can see in my feedback how he treated me, and then he refused to replace the power supply, claiming that my TVs were the problem. I spent $10 or $12 on a replacement power supply and now the Game Cube works fine. He was wrong, refuses to believe he was wrong, and cost me extra money, therefore I am adding him to this list.

I am also long overdue in adding the.golden.ax to the Bad Traders list. He sold me a Game Cube with a defective power supply, you can see in my feedback how he treated me, and then he refused to replace the power supply, claiming that my TVs were the problem. I spent $10 or $12 on a replacement power supply and now the Game Cube works fine. He was wrong, refuses to believe he was wrong, and cost me extra money, therefore I am adding him to this list.

Anyone who has any question about that incident of the $12.50 GameCube full set I basically gave away, can read every PM that was exchanged with scootie over here. LET IT GO. Seriously, you have a slanted perspective that FEW would agree with.. I'd have been happy to mail you a power supply, as anyone can see. You were quite insistent that it was a video cord. I REPLACED THE VIDEO CORD. In your messages you said it wasn't the power cord FOUR TIMES. You insisted it was the video cord and I DID REPLACE IT AT MY COST. People can't just keep sending you duplicate parts and pay for your postage on items that they give away. I tried and tried to help you, but you did not want to have help. After this much time, SIX MONTHS, you are harassing me by STILL droning on about it. Enough. I'll be at MGC in MARCH. If you have the guts, bring the power cord to the show, and let's have a panel of experts test it out right then and there. Otherwise, I don't expect to hear about this again. Enough.

Nice try Ax, but you refused to send me a power source. This is what you really said...

Scootiecat

Sent Wed Jun 8, 2011 4:27 PM

It is the power source, not the RF cable. But the power source from my other Game Cube works just fine with the Game Cube you sent me. Would you like me to return the RF cable you sent me? And can we try a different power source?

---

the.golden.ax

Sent Today, 5:28 PM

Your TVs don't like the interference. There isn't anything wrong with any of the stuff I sold you. I tried to help you, really I did. Don't you think I'd have sent you a power cord if it would have helped? I tried, anyone from outside this conversation, observing this ordeal would agree with that sentiment. You could have tested the other power supply at any time. In fact, you claimed you did. That isn't a defect, that is your TVs. I spent another $5 on shipping the cable, plus I'll end up having to buy another video cord for around $2 to replace the one I sent you. For the $12.50 I sold you this set for, I think you got exemplary service and value. I'm not Wal-Mart or a piece of meat. If I wanted to be abused over a sale I'd have sold it on eBay or Amazon for a much higher price. You may want to check out Mega Media Xchange on 76th near Southridge for all your local gaming needs. I'm sure if you take any or all the items I sent you in to their store, they can hook it up and show you how it doesn't have a problem with their TV.

I'm sorry but I can no longer support this any further.

Best wishes, have a nice life, so long.

AX

And don't think that words like "harassing" scare me either. Everyone can see that it is your slant that is wrong. I even offered to send back the RF switch and we would have been even then. I would be more than happy to take the GC and power source to Mega Media Xchange as you suggested and prove once and for all that you are wrong. Why don't you do something different for once and try owning up to your mistakes?

Edited by Scootiecat

Nice try Ax, but you refused to send me a power source. This is what you really said...

And don't think that words like "harassing" scare me either. Everyone can see that it is your slant that is wrong. I even offered to send back the RF switch and we would have been even then. I would be more than happy to take the GC and power source to Mega Media Xchange as you suggested and prove once and for all that you are wrong. Why don't you do something different for once and try owning up to your mistakes?

Sorry, you can't take the last word on the deal and use it as the overall context of the transaction. PUBLIC: Read the whole thing, and then judge me accordingly.

http://www.atariage....ost__p__2302131

Even if it were a defective power supply... you claimed it wasn't over and over, compelling me to spend and mail you another part, because you did not like / want my assistance. READ IT. I mean that. IF YOU READ IT WITH OPEN EYES YOU SEE SOMEONE TRYING TO HELP YOU. I mailed you a replacement part as you requested. On the other hand I was dealing with someone who tried to get a refund off the bat, and clouded by thoughts of accusing me of wrong doing, and generally not wanting a solution, throwing blame and trying to generally avoid FIXING the issue by quibbling over shipping, and other issues that did not have to do with MAKING THE UNIT WORK. I tried and tried before I gave up.

As for harassing, yeah, it is. You have had feedback threads, specific to this topic threads, and six months later you go at it again here. PM after PM. This is harassment.

Cease and desist.

AX

Public, please do read the whole exchange and judge him accordingly. And I most certainly did not take the last word and use it to define the whole context. Once again your incorrect slant and temper show up. Why don't YOU own up and cease and desist? You just can't handle the truth about the whole situation and own up to your behavior and you can't handle being called out on it. You could have let me say the truth and let it go, but you didn't. Enough out of you too. I am done.

Edited by Scootiecat

I never said Ax didn't try to help. He just didn't do what needed to be done and is now claiming that he would have. And as to me saying "I am done." that was to Ax, not to others. And as to me bringing it up now... Better late than never!!!!!

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:13 PM

Nice guy, fast shipping, great quality items. Definitely recommend him.

note this post from Cat in my feedback page....follow the link....thanks for the kind words and then the crap words scootie!

Scootie cat......not sure where the beef came from you have from me...but tis an nes cart..if you wanna file me as a bad trader over an nes cart...for what $10? I would gladly have sent you back payment....I do recall saying just ship it back to me and I will refund you...so back off and stop bashing people that are not here to scam you.....you definately should not be trashing Ax......

seems like everything you buy you have a problem with it......send me a pm with your paypal addy and send me back my tetris and you will get your funds back....

Thanks !

I posted about you here in the possible scammer list months ago.....

Edited by Chris Leach
  • Like 1

I would gladly have sent you back payment....

Oh, really? This, from our PM conversation...

edit..dont send it back...

You can keep it...sorry for the bad luck but I just got done reading your feedback here and everything you buy you say it doesnt work...

thanks for what appears to be trying to scam me....

chris

And this...

Well...it looks like it is time to add Scootiecat to this list of bad traders. In my opinion scootiecat is a Possible scammer. Looks like everything they buy is always damaged..and they dont buy much. i recently sent two packages to this member here at AA and the first package is a non working game...They have not received the second package, but it is possibly a non working cardboard box and ps1 game as well?

Be very careful when selling to this member......unless something changes

....read their feedback before selling to them..it says everything

And you wonder why I have a beef with you?

I am not "bashing" anyone. I am stating the truth about their behaviors or lack thereof.

Edited by Scootiecat

I think it's unfair to claim that Scootiecat is a scammer. It could be coincidental that she had some bad luck with two of the most well-known sellers here. Several people here, myself included, have sold her items without a hitch. The fact that she has managed to stick around after a year should also be a testament to her legitimacy. If she was a scammer, It's doubtful that she would still be here.

I have to say, I am disappointed in the lack of professionalism from both of the primary sellers here. Things like, "Have a nice life!" after clearly becoming aggravated are inappropriate. It screams "childish behavior" to me.

Maybe there's something I am not seeing, but looking through her feedback thread as well as here, Scootiecat's concerns are legitimate. If there's more to her than meets the eye, then I suggest others come out as well. Likewise, though, the same should be stated for both Ax and Chris. It's fairly safe to say that there are more deals that go sour here than most would like. Ones that also happen to not appear users' feedback sections.. There's a couple I can think of off the top of my head, actually. :ponder:

I think the more likely problem is operator error. Unless that tetris was under water or something its not broken, just dirty or the nes has a bad connector. Out of like 600 nes games I have or have had only one was truly broken and it was obviously in a flood and smelled like it. And it is unreasonable to expect a refund inluding shipping. Even if you sue in court you cant sue for shipping. You paid for that service and it was provided.