IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

Pm's seriously guys.....???

I apologize. This will remain in PM (for my part) from here on. This is a bad trader thread however, and this was a bad trade. I am not at all saying that Ax is a bad trader (I know a lot of folks have had a great trading experience with him), but merely that I have personally had a bad trade with him. I should have kept this in PM completely, and plan to do so from here on in.

Edited by eightbit

This whole eightbit/ax thing reminds me...

Back in January I PMed Captain Beard asking for some of his free 2600 games he had for offer. He completely ignored my PM, even when I reminded him about it a week or so later. I'm not too burned or anything, but that's bad business.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I apologize. This will remain in PM (for my part) from here on. This is a bad trader thread however, and this was a bad trade. I am not at all saying that Ax is a bad trader (I know a lot of folks have had a great trading experience with him), but merely that I have personally had a bad trade with him. I should have kept this in PM completely, and plan to do so from here on in.

I sent ax money for a genesis flash cart that I did not get either. I PM'd him several times and have heard nothing. So, if he delivers, I would be the first to say he is ok, but as it is now, I would also say that I am a victim of a bad trade with Ax.

EDIT: Just read that he had some issues with the Tennessee flood, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Ax, if you do read this though, please send me a PM with the status of my cart. I would appreciate it. If it did not go through and you refunded cash, please let me know. I will also check my Paypal. Thanks.

Cliff

Edited by Cliff Friedel

I sent ax money for a genesis flash cart that I did not get either. I PM'd him several times and have heard nothing. So, if he delivers, I would be the first to say he is ok, but as it is now, I would also say that I am a victim of a bad trade with Ax.

EDIT: Just read that he had some issues with the Tennessee flood, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Ax, if you do read this though, please send me a PM with the status of my cart. I would appreciate it. If it did not go through and you refunded cash, please let me know. I will also check my Paypal. Thanks.

Cliff

Seriously, what the heck? I don't have a single PM on this. PLUS there is a thread. 40+ people ordered these. The payment was sent to Igor half way around the world a few weeks ago. We are all waiting. :roll:

AX

Cliff

Here is part of the mass PM Ax sent out telling people how to pay for their flash cart. Seems to me everything is right on schedule as he described.

As discussed in several other threads I'm putting in a mass order for Everdrive Flash carts to Igor Golubovskiy. He is well respected in his field, but lives in a country that does not use paypal. I am acting as a middle man to hook up AA members easily through paypal. Payment will be accepted from the 24th of June to the 4th of July. Shortly there after I will forward the money to Igor by Western Union, posting the proof of payment in image form here on AA for all to see. He has said it will take a few weeks to make the units. It will take a few days to weeks for them to arrive here, and then I will post them on to each buyer.

Cliff

Seriously, what the heck? I don't have a single PM on this. PLUS there is a thread. 40+ people ordered these. The payment was sent to Igor half way around the world a few weeks ago. We are all waiting. :roll:

AX

I sent a few of them and you responded to one. I can send them again if they are still in there. The only thing I could think that would cause the mix up would be the crash of the site that happened a while ago, but I don't think that matches up timewise. I will check my messenger though again and will resend them to show you. Also, if nothing else, you should see my payment to you from paypal.

Cliff

Here is part of the mass PM Ax sent out telling people how to pay for their flash cart. Seems to me everything is right on schedule as he described.

As discussed in several other threads I'm putting in a mass order for Everdrive Flash carts to Igor Golubovskiy. He is well respected in his field, but lives in a country that does not use paypal. I am acting as a middle man to hook up AA members easily through paypal. Payment will be accepted from the 24th of June to the 4th of July. Shortly there after I will forward the money to Igor by Western Union, posting the proof of payment in image form here on AA for all to see. He has said it will take a few weeks to make the units. It will take a few days to weeks for them to arrive here, and then I will post them on to each buyer.

I followed the instructions, but never got anything back saying that the payment had reached him or any status, even after I PMed him. Like I said, it could be a misunderstanding and am looking at the messenger now.

Ax, just bumped the messenger discussion that I sent in mid July. It has all the info you requested and payment info from paypal. I am posting it here in case you don't receive it again, but it appears you read it on July 11th.

Cliff

I just got your bumped PM. All I can assume is that since it was a reply to your original address post, I took at as you giving me your address. Please try a fresh PM in the future rather than a reply to your initial PM. At any rate a simple bump of the everdrive thread for status would have been appropriate. It certainly has no business here since 40 other people including myself are also waiting for the delivery from Ukraine. It's only been a few weeks.

ALSO: Your payment status on the list was your confirmation I got your payment... you are #24 and have been since the day you paid. Again, see everdrive thread.

AX

Ax, just bumped the messenger discussion that I sent in mid July. It has all the info you requested and payment info from paypal. I am posting it here in case you don't receive it again, but it appears you read it on July 11th.

Cliff

I just got your bumped PM. All I can assume is that since it was a reply to your original address post, I took at as you giving me your address. Please try a fresh PM in the future rather than a reply to your initial PM. At any rate a simple bump of the everdrive thread for status would have been appropriate. It certainly has no business here since 40 other people including myself are also waiting for the delivery from Ukraine. It's only been a few weeks.

ALSO: Your payment status on the list was your confirmation I got your payment... you are $24 and have been since the day you paid. Again, see everdrive thread.

AX

Ok, you are right. I should have checked that. Sorry for the mix up. I will be quiet now =)

• 3 weeks later...

ebay user 'dirklehman'

formerly known as 'raven0394'

tried on multiple occasions to sell a photoshopped version of tanman's/wonder's boxed air raid on ebay - claiming he had bought it at a flee market.

Chances are these are his real name, address and bank details:

Jonas Daneil

XXXXXXstrasse 6

38855 Wernigerode

Germany

Name: Jonas Daneil

Bank name: Commerzbank Magdeburg

IBAN: DE16 8104 0000 0754 4943 00

account no: 754494300

BIC: COBADEFFXXX

E-Mail: clancy.industries@freenet.de

so if you are asked to transfer money into the above name/account - alarm bells should be ringingicon_exclaim.gif

ebay user 'dirklehman'

formerly known as 'raven0394'

tried on multiple occasions to sell a photoshopped version of tanman's/wonder's boxed air raid on ebay - claiming he had bought it at a flee market.

Chances are these are his real name, address and bank details:

Jonas Daneil

XXXXXXstrasse 6

38855 Wernigerode

Germany

Name: Jonas Daneil

Bank name: Commerzbank Magdeburg

IBAN: DE16 8104 0000 0754 4943 00

account no: 754494300

BIC: COBADEFFXXX

E-Mail: clancy.industries@freenet.de

so if you are asked to transfer money into the above name/account - alarm bells should be ringingicon_exclaim.gif

I've seen that Air Raid auction before. All I could do is :roll: .

• 1 month later...

Got a recent BTA for ya on eBay. Watch out for a guy named atari-inspector. I ordered an Atari CX-10 joystick (you know the Heavy Sixer-type) and it's been a month since I first purchased it, and it STILL hasn't arrived. So if you see anything of his for sale, BEWARE!!! You might see that he has a lot of positive feedback, but now it seems he's slipping.

(UPDATE) Since opening my case, now the douche is no longer a registered eBay user. So I could be out $25.00 for my joystick.

Edited by HP Atari King of Michigan

nyatarifanatic on ebay is at it again. Avoid all his auctions unless you want to lose your money like we did.

james orr

594 east 88th street

brooklyn ny 11236

James or Jimmy Orr

BrooklynAtari

NYAtarifan

nyatarifanatic@aol.com

james.orr@aol.com

See also My previous post,and jacobus post.

Wow. That machine's got quite a sun tan..

I'm not gonna buy it.. I have perfect mint condition one that still smells like new plastic... I think I gave $150.00 for it..

But one can't help but wonder.. How does the guyhave 97% feedback rating on over 500 transactions (quite a bit of them as seller) if he's such a ripoff artist?

Wow. That machine's got quite a sun tan..

I'm not gonna buy it.. I have perfect mint condition one that still smells like new plastic... I think I gave $150.00 for it..

But one can't help but wonder.. How does the guyhave 97% feedback rating on over 500 transactions (quite a bit of them as seller) if he's such a ripoff artist?

It is no big mystery, buyers have some protection when buying through eBay. If the transaction happens though eBay he follows through. I bought items from him directly, and I received nothing, even though I paid for insurance. :x

He won an eBay auction and I was the second place bidder. He contacted me through an eBay message and offered to sell me the specific item I wanted. He had some other items which he also agreed to sell me. It has been almost 3 years since I paid him and have yet to see my items or my money back. If I receive the items I paid for, I would gladly ask for my posts about this be redacted because I think people deserve a second chance if they make things right. :|

Often people buy large lots and just want a few of the items. I had received and accepted several offers from other winners before eBay hid the bidders IDs. I didn't have any problems with the other people :thumbsup: , so I accepted his offer and sent my money. This wasn't the first time I had bought items from the winner of an auction, but it was the last outside of these forums. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually surprised this thread is allowed to stay here. All the other vintage gaming and computing forums I visit don't allow these kinds of posts because of potential legal hassles where someone comes on here badmouthing someone about a deal gone bad then the next thing you know the site admin gets a summons to appear in court on charges of libel or defamation for not policing the forums. Most of the time the only one you hear from is the guy who thinks he got ripped off and everyone forms their opinions without the other guy ever getting a say in his own defense.

I'm actually surprised this thread is allowed to stay here. All the other vintage gaming and computing forums I visit don't allow these kinds of posts because of potential legal hassles where someone comes on here badmouthing someone about a deal gone bad then the next thing you know the site admin gets a summons to appear in court on charges of libel or defamation for not policing the forums. Most of the time the only one you hear from is the guy who thinks he got ripped off and everyone forms their opinions without the other guy ever getting a say in his own defense.

Please, give us some examples of admins getting prosecuted.

I highly doubt that people (except scammers) are going to object to this thread's existence as long as the claims are true.

Edited by brandondwright

legal hassles where someone comes on here badmouthing someone about a deal gone bad then the next thing you know the site admin gets a summons to appear in court on charges of libel or defamation for not policing the forums. Most of the time the only one you hear from is the guy who thinks he got ripped off and everyone forms their opinions without the other guy ever getting a say in his own defense.

I don't think the admin could be charged for libel, since the admin didn't write the report. Can't police every nook and cranny of the internet.

Also, the defense against a libel suit is if the accusations are true. And I think most people in this forum are too smart to just make up lies against someone. If you were the victim of a bad trade, you have a right to talk about it.

And if someone is supposedly slandered, they can come on here and do a rebuttal.

Please, give us some examples of admins getting prosecuted.

I highly doubt that people (except scammers) are going to object to this thread's existence as long as the claims are true.

It doesn't matter whether they get prosecuted or not, it's the inconvenience of it all. Most admins prefer to head these things off before they become a problem. Making unproven allegations against someone in a public forum has legal consequences and since the internet is considered a form of media like a newspaper or magazine and not a utility like some would have it, the admins have to be careful what they allow to be posted as the "publisher" of the material.

As for truthfulness, one of the guitar forums I am on used to allow threads like this but it was being abused where one member said bad things about a luthier who had an otherwise sterling reputation selling guitars to thousands of people around the world and on investigation it was discovered that the person making the complaint wasn't even a customer of this guy, he was posting a complaint based on something he heard that happened to a friend of a friend type deal. When the luthier found out about it he had his lawyer send a C&D to the site owner and that was the end of that. How do we really know for sure that every complaint posted here is legit and do we really want to subject Al to those sorts of headaches? Even if you know what you are saying is true, how do we know it? That's why we have a system where the burden of proof is on the accuser and not the accused and where people can be prosecuted for propagating harmful rumors and allegations against someone else.

Edited by OldAtarian

I do believe that if Al was receiving any headaches over this, the thread would have been shut down eons ago.

Unless you can provide me a link to your story, I call BS. A guy who sold 1000's of guitars is not going to go through the painful and expensive legal process just to have the whining of a single troll silenced. Besides, if the guy's reputation was so great, then why didn't other people figure out that the guy was full of it? I mean, we were able to figure out the Ohiotoy/the.golden.ax debacle earlier in this thread with ease.

Edited by brandondwright
  • Like 3

In most cases here, when someone gets 'reported' on this thread for bad trading... and the person in question has issues with it, they put forward their side of the deal gone wrong... it is discussed and others can make their own judgement on the facts at hand. I would think, Albert being a pretty wise guy, would quash any consistent out-of-line behaviour or highly questionable accusations if necessary.

I believe this is a very practical and necessary thread. There are a lot of dopes out there trying to scam their way through various gaming communities and other communities... and without exposing them, they would just go on and continually rip people off.

• Like 1