IGNORED

For or for not, using cartridges games on JagCF ?

GT Turbo

Cartridges games on CF ?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ok for using cartridges games on CF ?

• Yes i'm for using cartridges games
    • No i'm not for that

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

JagChris > and what about the atari flash cart and the alpine board, are they illegal ?

They're illegal? Wow. I didn't know that. But who cares? I'm with Tyrant. Do WTF you want! :D

What's wrong with you, you Jackass? You think it is allright to do this crap now? I ought to shove a Jaguar unit up your ass now! :x

JagChris > and what about the atari flash cart and the alpine board, are they illegal ?

They're illegal? Wow. I didn't know that. But who cares? I'm with Tyrant. Do WTF you want! :D

What's wrong with you, you Jackass? You think it is allright to do this crap now? I ought to shove a Jaguar unit up your ass now! :x

Where's your spirit of Freedom you fascist!? :x

Where's your spirit of Freedom you fascist!? :x

What? My spirit of Freedom? What in the Hell are you talking about? First you are against the damn thing and now you are for it? Which is it CHRISTOPHER? This is just like you too, never can keep your mind made up about anything, just sittuing there talking crap about T-Bird behind his back, trying to get me to "See The Light" and calling me a "Bootlicker", what in the Hell is this crap? I am so tired of your shit! Youre a damn swindleing Pirate! :ahoy: That's that.

It effects legal users. I'm thinking about the people who paid "high ags" for their prized possesions that can be copied and played by illegal users for next to nothing. That is why I am wholeheartedly against being able to play binaries.

That is ridiculous. Why would the fact that someone overpaid $600+ for a cart have any bearing on future progress or developments? Why would that have any bearing on the ability of legal cart owners to play binaries?

Why do I get the feeling that half of the people voting no here (and elsewhere) are doing so for no other reason then that they somehow feel that their l33t, super duper secret handshake club of ownership is threatened? :roll:

Good point!

• Like 1

It effects legal users. I'm thinking about the people who paid "high ags" for their prized possesions that can be copied and played by illegal users for next to nothing. That is why I am wholeheartedly against being able to play binaries.

That is ridiculous. Why would the fact that someone overpaid $600+ for a cart have any bearing on future progress or developments? Why would that have any bearing on the ability of legal cart owners to play binaries?

Why do I get the feeling that half of the people voting no here (and elsewhere) are doing so for no other reason then that they somehow feel that their l33t, super duper secret handshake club of ownership is threatened? :roll:

Good point!

Amen!

See there T2K, you super duper secret fascist bootlicker!! :x

Seig Heil! Seig Heil!

Edited by JagChris

Where do you see progress with the CF? It is less productive than a BJL cable and an ancient computer.

do you actually know what the CF is capable of and why it was made before talking about the "loading rom" option ?

It's likely cheaper, (not knowing the price) faster, and more efficient to use what we have.

obviously not ...

I believe the load times of the CF have been discussed on JSII. It was written that the CF is many times slower than the very slowest development environments (and cheapest ones) we currently have available. It has been said that one could build or buy a BJL cable and get a machine running Windows 98 or 95 for practically nothing. I don't know where anyone thinks this JagCF is going to save anyone any time or money if the Jaguar tools run in Windows Vista... which they reportedly do. What again was it I do not understand ...and why aren't you telling me what it is, so that I could be better informed?

From what I understand, the Cuttle Cart and number #2 brought us clones of games we already had, did it not? That is not progress. Those are hacks. The Atari 2600 had developers before it came out and the 7800 hasn't shown any great leaps in development since the release. There's no proof it would be helpful.

If you cannot afford any one of the several methods of development available, you won't be able to afford releasing anything. If you can code more than 2MB on BJL, where is this code?

@Zerosquare - Don't sweat it. They're just playin'. We're all Jaguar friends here. :D

I believe the load times of the CF have been discussed on JSII. It was written that the CF is many times slower than the very slowest development environments (and cheapest ones) we currently have available. It has been said that one could build or buy a BJL cable and get a machine running Windows 98 or 95 for practically nothing.

oh, because you perfectly know how fast is the jagcf, well, try uploading native in less than 7 seconds with BJL, good luck.

and by the way, is there a debugger for BJL under windows ? and can you add 8MB of ram/keyboard/mouse/fast and Working network on jaguar using BJL ? and many other things that the CF can do ... oh but of course as you said the CF show absolutly no progress for jaguar dev...

I don't know where anyone thinks this JagCF is going to save anyone any time or money if the Jaguar tools run in Windows Vista... which they reportedly do. What again was it I do not understand ...and why aren't you telling me what it is, so that I could be better informed?

at first, save the money to buy windows vista, which will be More expensive than the CF.

If you can code more than 2MB on BJL, where is this code?

did you know the CF can stream high quality audio like the jagcd ? 2MB is nothing when talking about audio.

and secondly, you must have free ram for your code to operate so you can't code a full 2MB game with BJL.

in other words, don't argue about something only by saying "it has been said", and when you absolutely don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 1

Using the Scientific Method: I would ask for the numbers, double check them, and get a second opinion. A theory needs to be proven.

From where I sit, it appears I've brought up certain points that should be discussed. You're saying I should not discuss anything I do not know about on a discussion board? *scratches his head* Eh? How do you learn anything without discussion? :?

I do know very little about BJL because I have had a 2MB and 4MB Alpine available to me. I haven't used it. I also have Protector SE and BattleSphere Gold but, I haven't used their dev side since I have a 4MB Alpine. I assume BJL is supposed to be slower than those. CF slower than BJL. I was talking about price when bringing up BJL, if price is an issue with this product. Wasn't Native made with BJL? Doesn't that prove that if you can code, you will use what's available? I will continue to understand the facts as discussed. I will question it until the product is no longer vaporware and I see it for myself.

GOOD NEWS! You don't even need the new OS for Jaguar development! The Jaguar came out before Windows 95. In comparison to MP3's, which take up several MB of space and are a new format after the Jaguar came out, the same file should take up K's of space in Jaguar programming and it's still high quality audio! Pretty neat how all this old stuff works, isn't it?

I do not see why people should give up what is available for a Jag CF. What advantage is it for me?

JagChris and T2KFREEKER, please stop this, I don't want to see this thread locked. If you want to fight each other, PMs are available.

He hates us because we love freedom! He's against us because we're free!! :twisted:

What in the Hell are you talking about assclown? This is crap dude! I thought we were riends man, I guess I see that dogs do sleep with the fleas. I was totally wrong about you, you do suck ass! I swear to God dude, stay the Hell away from me or you are going to regret it man, I am serious. Stuff it!

Can't a moderator take care of some of these trouble makers?

Yeah we have been having the same problem with people like Jagchris and Jagware over on JS2.

Oh yeah Kizza', like you are a saint, give me a break, you stupid prick! All you do is blah, blah, blan, and lie, lie, lie! Like anyone really cares what you have to say about all of this? I can see it now, later on you will take credit for the CF just like you took credit for stuff that isn't yours like the Icee nmachine you supposdly created! :ponder:

• Like 1

That's "Megadeth!" ;)

Wasn't it Thomas Edison put his own son in Jail for not being a "Patriot?"

To refresh your memory, though spelling may be something of an issue, this thread was trying to ask for opinions on using cartridge games with the Jag CF. I've pointed out reasons why that is illegal. Try READING the Hasbro Release of rights. It means that developers don't have to buy licenses to release new games and says Atari holds all rights to their properties. You won't do well in a court of law if you follow the yes votes in the poll and end up in front of a judge with a JagCF holding ROMs on it. If you don't accept no votes, why have the option? :P

GT, perhaps you could rephrase that "one" question? ;)

Nice comeback potsy.. you can't hold the developer of a product responsible for the misuse by the consumer. Just because it could be used for illegal use does not make the device itself Illegal, your statement WOULD NOT hold up in court.

This is true, but, for instance they sell a cf cart to Htbaa when he in fact stated he would use it to pirate games, well, thats a crime you could be held accountable for. As the developer of the product knows his intentions before the purchase, they are then helping him to pirate games. This is a very dangerous road indeed.

Robert

What makes you think I'll go pirate every game I can get when the CF is out? I never said that. Most games I don't own aren't worth my money or time (that's something I can only find out if I buy the game) so the CF is a great way to check those games out. If I like the game I get it. And who's saying that I solely want it for playing roms? I've always been interested in Jag developement but never got to it since I don't have the proper equipment to test my stuff. With the CF I can. If you don't want me buying the CF when it comes out than that's too bad for you. Sue me or something, the American way!

It's funny to see that in most topics about the existing flash card people don't have a problem with it, since that thing exists for roms.

Anyway you slice it or try to turn it around, tring roms you dont own is a crime and punishable by law. :ahoy:

Robert

Oh by the way, Songbird has expressed his feelings about this, he is for :)

See there Kizza?

Even Songbird is for the CF playing the ROMZ willy nilly!

So just keep your fascist slurpee machine makin' opinon to yourself. :twisted:

Hey Boy, I ain't through with you yet! What else you got to say? Ignoring me for any particular reason?

See there Kizza?

Hey Boy, I ain't through with you yet! What else you got to say? Ignoring me for any particular reason?

I don't talk to fascist freedom killers! Go do the secret handshake with Kizza.

See there Kizza?

I don't talk to fascist freedom killers! Go do the secret handshake with Kizza.

I don't shake anything with Kizza, you sick freak!