IGNORED

-=Virtual Console Game List=-

-^CrossBow^-

Hudson has announced 5 games for the tg-16 for July. http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html the source. That site is owned and maintained by Hudson themselves.

They are in this order:

Dragon Spirit

Air Zonk

Silent Debuggers

Devil's Crush

Drop Off

Dragon Spirit is a good shooter that I own. It is an arcade port of the games. It is a hard game at some parts of the game.

I heard that Air Zonk is a very good Shooter that has Bonk as a Cyborg.

Silent Debuggers is an early fps game based on what I read.

Devil's Crush is one best video game pinball game out there and I own it. It is a must have anyone who like pinball games.

I don't know much about the last game for July except for the fact is a puzzle game based on what I read about it.

VC list updated for July 2, 2007. Again, 3 more titles grace the VC offering. And aside from Dragon Spirit (Which I passed up a loose copy for about $4 this weekend), they are some of my favorite titles. And in case you're wondering, yes SMB2 is the vegetable pulling one that we originally had released here for us in the US back in the day. I might still buy this one, even though I have Super Mario All Stars. Just something about SMB2 that I've always loved about it. Anyway, have fun and have a safe 4th of July to those celebrating.

VC List updated for July 16, 2007. And can you believe it?! the N64 release alone is a steal at just $10 bucks! I don't know anything about the TG-16 release for this week, but will have to check it out in emulation to see what it is about. The NES release is just meah....

Enjoy and I know that I will be adding some points finally for the N64 release alone. Been a while since I downloaded a VC game and it looks like today is the day for one.

VC List updated for July 16, 2007. And can you believe it?! the N64 release alone is a steal at just $10 bucks! I don't know anything about the TG-16 release for this week, but will have to check it out in emulation to see what it is about. The NES release is just meah....

Enjoy and I know that I will be adding some points finally for the N64 release alone. Been a while since I downloaded a VC game and it looks like today is the day for one.

The tg-16 release is a very early First person Shooter that didn't age well.

I like balloon fight..

Paper Mario.. Veeeerry tempting... :D

What nintendo oughta do is make some of the newer Wii games have some type of tie in to the older VC game. For example if you download the VC game and do certain things, or whatever the Wii game can read the save file and unlock stuff in the wii game.

Edited by Shannon

Redid the VC list today. There are number of changes I'm sure you will all notice. For starters there is a new section that has the newest games released for the past two weeks at the top. These are listed alphabetically regardless of system platform with the points needed for download.

The second and largest change is the fact that the entire list now appears in a scrollable codewindow. The reason for this was so I could have more control over formatting in the future. In addition, the list was starting to get long in the tooth literally. I felt it would be eaisest if the list didn't take up most of the topic's first page. If you wish to print the list or anything, simply copy the text inside the window and then paste to your favorite word processor of choice.

The third change is one that will give me some additional flack, but I feel that I have a valid explanation. I have reordered the games back to alpha listing by system platform release as it originally used to be. The reason most wanted it listed by date was to see the latest releases. Since I have a seperate section for that at the very top, the listing by date shouldn't be needed anymore. As such for those new to the list and just want to see if a particular game has been released yet, it is MUCH easier to look at the list alphabetically instead.

comments are welcome, but I feel this is finally the best comprimise to make everyone happy.

I think it's a very positive change.

As I said in the thread regarding mocyon's list for the 360, after the first couple of views of the list, a hypothetical user is no longer interested in much other than what's new. The alphabetical arrangement of the rest of the list addresses another problem I didn't consider, namely that someone new to the thread is looking for what has come before, and is more interested in titles rather than dates.

Thumbs up.

Gabriel said:

The alphabetical arrangement of the rest of the list addresses another problem I didn't consider, namely that someone new to the thread is looking for what has come before, and is more interested in titles rather than dates.

I have even considered removing the release dates for the games not on the new list. Afterall, as you stated even a newbie to the list isn't going to care when a game was released, they just want to know what games are available. This would also correct the main formatting errors in that things don't line up correctly.

Very nice. I prefer the alphabetical listing and it wouldn't bother me at all if you removed the release dates from the alpha list. Providing the link to Nintendo's VC site would be good too (http://wii.nintendo.com/virtualconsole.jsp). That way people can check out screenshots and videos and junk and stuff.

I look forward to your updates on Mondays. I use it as a quick look at what is new. If something catches my attention I am not sure about, I go to the review site for further research.

If it isn't a huge burden for you, I would like to throw my vote in for you to continue and to also thank you for all the effort.

VC List updated for July 23, 2007. Another very nice week for VC releases IMHO. Kirby's Dream Course is really fun and addicting mini golf sorta game with Kirby as the ball. You have to take into account the powerups that Kirby can inherit when he defeats his enemies as this can be crucial to solving the courses.

We also have Shining Force for the Genesis being released today?! This is an excellent strategy RPG for and many consider this better than SF2. I like the game play in SF over SF2 but I prefer the music in SF2. Still an excellent bargain for the 800 points it is commanding. You're not as likely to find SF loose in the wild for anything under the $15 - $20 mark to $8 is a real steal!

Finally as many have been waiting for, Devil's Crush has been released to the TG-16 side of the VC console. Considered to be one of the best pinball video games ever created, with the grotesque artwork, great vidpin physics, and haunting sound and music, you'll soon see why for yourself!

Have fun!