IGNORED

-=Virtual Console Game List=-

-^CrossBow^-

I can't believe Nintendo still is going with games lke Zelda II and SMB2 , the black sheep of their series.

Lost Levels is an abomination.

i dont understand your post

you hate both the US SMB2 and the japanese SMB2?

its not the best game in the world, but i think its cool that the US can finally play a legit version of jpn SMB 2 for six dollars

Well..I would take this all with a grain of salt...but it seems pretty much official to me. IGN has leaked what Monday's VC Lineup will be. And as I'm sure many of you have been waiting for and guessed. Monday October 8, 2007, will become the official Neo-Geo release day for the VC. According to IGN (I've really no reason to doubt this since they have the Nintendo press descriptions of the games in their hands), Monday's VC games to be released will be:

Fatal Fury

World Heroes

Art of Fighting

Check here for the info. What do you think? Think IGN is right...or are they speculating about what will eventually be released, but not necessarily this Monday?

IGN releases Neo-Geo lineup

Interesting indeed. I don't doubt those games will be coming to the VC at some point, guess we'll see soon enough if it's on Monday. I'm hoping they release a few Neo Geo shooters, sports and puzzle games down the road, there are some real gems in there.

The games will be released some point and the chances are it is accurate.

There is one thing that Ign has going for it besides Europe getting a Neo Geo game already is: Hudson's vc website doesn't show any tg-16 being released on this Monday.

That is about enough info to make it offical.

Edited by 8th lutz

As I stated before IGN has and shows the Nintendo Press releases for these games. Nintendo doesn't usually have these ready so soon or release the info so soon. But if IGN has them already, it pretty much confirms that not one, but likely all three of these will be released this monday to the VC. I'm not into fighters but it will be nice to see another platform supported in the VC lineup.

Nine bucks each for these. I'll wait for the big guns like Samurai Shodown, since I already passed on the XBLA version of Fatal Fury Special for just $5.

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Oct. 8, 2007

This week, Nintendo adds another delicious category to its smorgasbord of classic titles. NEOGEO games will now be appearing in the Wii Shop Channel for download. NEOGEO becomes the sixth platform represented in the Wii Shop Channel, and it adds additional depth and breadth to the best selection of classic games available.

Hard-core gamers will especially appreciate the vibrant, arcade-quality graphics and the ability to finally play games they might have missed during the NEOGEO heyday. The first NEOGEO offering includes three fighting games that are a mix of familiar franchises and cult classics. Dive in and check out the deep game play, diverse characters and special moves and combos.

The three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

FATAL FURY (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Violence, 900 Wii Points): Released in 1991 and one of the longest-running series in the fighting-game genre, this title introduced players to Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard and Joe Higashi. Select one of the three and visit many locations as your chosen fighter engages in numerous street fights around the fictional city of South Town. If you're good enough, you'll eventually take on Billy Kane and then his boss, the notorious crime lord Geese Howard. Use each fighter's own finishing maneuver and battle in two different planes on the screen, one in the foreground and the other farther away in the background. The game also features a two-player mode that is well known for its unique setup, which allows fighters to both fight and help each other. Do you have what it takes to win the King of Fighters tournament?

WORLD HEROES (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Animated Blood, Violence, 900 Wii Points): A fighting game released in 1992 featuring eight characters, including Hanzo, Janne and Rasputin, modeled on historical figures from throughout the ages. The fighters compete against each other to become the world's toughest combatant, with players using a setup consisting of only three buttons (one each for punching, kicking and throwing). Adding to this unique system is the fact that the strength of your offensive blow depends on how long the button is pressed and held. Along with regular match styles, Death Match mode is also available and features mines, electrified ropes and other dangerous objects in the battle arena that can change conditions during the fight or damage players. Enjoy the wide range of combat forms as you take on history's best!

ART OF FIGHTING (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen - Animated Blood, Violence, 900 Wii Points): This fighting game, released in 1992, began the story of the Sakazaki family and Robert Garcia, further developed in two later sequels. Yuri Sakazaki has been abducted by Mr. Big to punish her father, Takuma, and her brother, Ryo. To rescue her, Ryo and Robert must take on numerous enemies around South Town, eventually reaching the mysterious Mr. Karate. The passion of the game's creators is evident in the unique game-play elements introduced. These include an energy gauge that is depleted every time a fighter uses a special maneuver, Desperation Attacks that are usable only when a fighter's health is low and camera zooming that adjusts on the fly as fighters move around the stage. All these features ensure that players use strategy and tactics, rather than simply mash buttons. Adding to the mix are little touches such as characters showing cuts when they are injured and voice-over samples during cut scenes. Can you perfect the art of fighting and save Yuri?

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.

Flojo already posted the games before I edited the list again I see... :x

In any event I was out of town and didn't get back in until this evening. But Yes! The Neo-Geo has finally come to the American VC! The games are fighters, which aren't my type, but it was a genre lacking on the VC until now.

First Neo-Geo titles to hit are Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, and World Heroes. Support the new Neo-Geo releases and grab one or two soon!

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

VC List updated for Oct. 15, 2007.

Today is a big day folks. We have three more releases for the US VC. First we have Ninja Gaiden II for the NES. Then Metal Marines for the SNES. I've not played this title so I don't know much about it...

But the biggest release...is by FAR Gate of Thunder for the TG-16!!! No, you read that right...what is considered to be one of if not the best shooter for the TG-16 is not only available for the VC, but also marks the first TurboGrafix 16 CD game to be released to the VC!!! Apparently all the music is compressed to make these badboys more downloadable... Also, as a result of this being a larger TG-16 game than normal, it carries a slightly higher price tag of 800 Wii points over the usual 600 Wii point for standard HU-card releases.

Enjoy!

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Gate of Thunder is a game I am planing on downloading in the future. It is one of the games that I was looking forward to when Hudson announced Turbo cd games will be on the vc.

I am saving my wii points for y's 1 & 2 when it comes out. Hopefully Hudson will announce Lords of Thunder, the sequal to Gate of Thunder soon.

I own Ninja Gaiden 2. It is a good game and I considered it a little bit easier then the orginal.

Edited by 8th lutz

Flojo...

Looks like Gate of Thunder maybe the largest VC download yet. I haven't look at the Neo-Geo ones yet..but Gate of Thunder claims to take up 220 blocks...I will only be left with less than 500 after downloading it...

Nintendo SOOOO needs to get that external USB HDD option working..or something!

I believe you can copy certain things maybe all but I noticed from transferring a couple of VC downloads and deleting them from the main Wii memory it doesnt show up in the Wii channels I guess they have to be on the main Wii storage area and the SD can be used to backup what you dont want to use for a while and free space for other things

Some one correct me if I'm wrong

That is how it works. The SD cards can only be used to backup Wii menu channels and some game saves. However, most game saves (especially those from 3rd parties) won't let you back them up to the SD card... Why? Who knows?

However, to be honest, I only have about 400 blocks of memory left on my Wii and already have about 6 VC games backed up to the SD card as it is. In order to play them again, I have to copy them back to the Wii's Channel memory section in the Wii memory manager.

That is how it works. The SD cards can only be used to backup Wii menu channels and some game saves. However, most game saves (especially those from 3rd parties) won't let you back them up to the SD card... Why? Who knows?

Oh, seriously? I hadn't run into the "no saves for you" issue.

If so, that F"IN SUCKS. God damn it, I paid for my game, don't force me to play though whatever byzantine unlocking scheme you have if I don't want to! M'Fers.

And also, god damn you Nintendo for letting that kind of copy block happen

Edited by kisrael

Does move work? Sometimes they will let you move but not copy stuff.

Elebits is a good example. It won't let you save game data to the SD cards, neither will Metal Slug Anthology I believe. I have several, but would have to go through my entire saves list to tell you which ones don't allow. I do believe that all of Nintendo's 1st party games let you backup the saves to the SD card. Oh..I did think of one of nintendo 1st party game that you can't copy...Pokemon Battle Revolution. However, they do let you backup you Pokemon party to a wii remote to take to a friends if you want to battle with your pokemon.

VC List updated for Oct. 22, 2007 - Believe it or not it is another great week for VC releases!! First up is Lunar Pool, which to be honest, I've never played and thus can't comment on. But it would appear to be billards with a twist here and there. But I've heard others state it is pretty cool.

From there we have Ninja JaJaMaru-kun. This game was never released state-side making it another import brought over from Nintendo for us to enjoy!

Last but not least and one of my personal favorites! We have Golden Axe III for the Genesis!!! This was sorta released in the US, but was only available in downloadable form through the Sega Channel back in the 90s. Golden Axe III was never released in physical cartridge form in the US market. As a result, we are basically getting another non-released game to play and enjoy from Sega themselves! This game is the same as every other Golden Axe you have played as far as gameplay goes. However, the magic system has been revamped a bit allowing you to use different levels of magic depending on how much you have available to you. They also retired the dwarf and replaced him with the Pantherman and Andre the Giant looking guys. Overall, GA3 is my favorite of the bunch. It is the most graphically impressive of the 3 and with harder enemies, multiple paths to take, and better magic system is the best Golden Axe released to consoles. Too bad we didn't initially get a cart run of this back in the 90s.

I'm adding 1000 points to my VC after I post this...

Here is a gameplay link to the Ninja JaJaMaru-kun youtube video:

Lunar pool is a good sign for it being released. It was published by a Publisher that nolonger exists. FCI was a publisher I haven't seen a game published from since around 1994 or 1995. They published games in North America like the Ultima Series and Zanac. The only concern would be if Hydlide makes to North America now since FCI published games are now going to the vc.

Edited by 8th lutz

Last but not least and one of my personal favorites! We have Golden Axe III for the Genesis!!! This was sorta released in the US, but was only available in downloadable form through the Sega Channel back in the 90s. Golden Axe III was never released in physical cartridge form in the US market. As a result, we are basically getting another non-released game to play and enjoy from Sega themselves! This game is the same as every other Golden Axe you have played as far as gameplay goes. However, the magic system has been revamped a bit allowing you to use different levels of magic depending on how much you have available to you. They also retired the dwarf and replaced him with the Pantherman and Andre the Giant looking guys. Overall, GA3 is my favorite of the bunch. It is the most graphically impressive of the 3 and with harder enemies, multiple paths to take, and better magic system is the best Golden Axe released to consoles. Too bad we didn't initially get a cart run of this back in the 90s.

Don't take this wrong now, but just to clarify the availablity of Golden Axe III. It is available on the PS2 Sega Genesis Collection and has been available on Gametap for some time now.

From there we have Ninja JaJaMaru-kun. This game was never released state-side making it another import brought over from Nintendo for us to enjoy!

My current favourite. Let me know if someone figures what triggers the 10.000 points bonus when ending a level with the Tram Car. Sometimes I get them, sometimes not. Ending a level with the frog will earn them always, so I think you have to meet a second condition with the car.

I also once got a secret(?) bonus of 250.000 points, so try beating my current HiScore of ~332.000 :lol: