IGNORED

-=Virtual Console Game List=-

-^CrossBow^-

I didn't know that Golden Axe III was on the PS2 Genesis collection?! Hmm...makes me want to score a copy of that more now since it is fairly cheap around here and I would finally have all the Phantasy Stars too...Hmmm....

As for Gametap...I've never looked at it...subscribed to it..etc. So I have no idea what games they have available on that service.

Its also on the PSP release of Sega Genesis Collection.

I like it just as much as the first two in the series, I don't understand why it gets so much flak among Golden Ax fans. It seems like more of the same with a few new twist so I never understood the criticism of it.

Its also on the PSP release of Sega Genesis Collection.

I like it just as much as the first two in the series, I don't understand why it gets so much flak among Golden Ax fans. It seems like more of the same with a few new twist so I never understood the criticism of it.

post-12969-1193138854_thumb.png

The optional paths eat up so much memory that the artists have to cut corners on backgrounds and magic spells. The enemies are more memorable, but that just leads you to count how many times you have to kill the same fat midget.

The optional paths eat up so much memory that the artists have to cut corners on backgrounds and magic spells. The enemies are more memorable, but that just leads you to count how many times you have to kill the same fat midget.

I wasn't going to say anything. :)

I considered it the worst in the series. But if you enjoy Golden Axe, then it's just a game you'll find yourself acquiring whether it's good or not.

I finally got around to playing Metal Marines today.

It's different. I can't think of anything quite like it. That's not an endorsement or detraction, just a statement of fact.

I'm trying to get the hang of the game. I'm currently stuck on the third level. The enemy's missiles seem to penetrate my AA nets so easily, meanwhile my AA guns often miss. Also, the AI seems to have mechs which can reliably take out 1.5 of my pillboxes each. Meanwhile, my mechs often seem incapable of taking down one by themselves. In short, in every even matchup 1 pillbox or mech versus 1 other pillbox or mech, the AI almost always seems to win. It also doesn't help that the AI always seems to know exactly where my bases are, and attacks them immediately.

At the moment I can't decide if I like it or am unreasonably frustrated.

There is no N64 game coming next month by Japan not having a n64 games. Usually Europe and North America gets the same game as Japan in the same month or the month after.

Here is the article of Next months Japan games: http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/186/japanes...vember-2007.php .

Ys book 1 & 2 will not be released next month in Europe or North America.

North America's tg-16/ turbo cd games next month are Power Golf and Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly. Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly got delayed till next month. I got the list of turbo games from http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html .

Europe's tg-16 games next month are Samurai Ghost and Power Golf. I got Europe list of Turbo games from http://vc-pce.com/eur/e/index.html .

Edited by 8th lutz

I got some good news for North America vc owners. These following games have been rated by the esrb:

Alien Soldier-genesis

Shining Force 2-genesis

Bubble Bobble-nes

Here is the link: http://gonintendo.com/?p=28689

There can't be any complaints with these 3 games being rated. I played Shining Force 2 and Bubble Bobble in the past. They are great games. These are the type of games gamers expect of out the vc, not the China Warriors of the gaming World that was released on the vc.

Keep in mind that just because the games have been rated by the ESRB doesn't mean you're going to see then tomorrow, this month, or even this year. Many many games that didn't originally have ESRB ratings have been resubmitted for aquiring an ESRB rating. Of course the only reason for donig this is that they are eventually to become VC releases.

One or more of them could be released Monday, but I don't think anyone should be getting their hopes up until we know for sure. At this time these games have only be given an ESRB rating for future use and release.

Keep in mind that just because the games have been rated by the ESRB doesn't mean you're going to see then tomorrow, this month, or even this year. Many many games that didn't originally have ESRB ratings have been resubmitted for aquiring an ESRB rating. Of course the only reason for donig this is that they are eventually to become VC releases.

One or more of them could be released Monday, but I don't think anyone should be getting their hopes up until we know for sure. At this time these games have only be given an ESRB rating for future use and release.

I know.

I mentioned the games because they are going to the vc sometime in the future.

Edited by 8th lutz

VC List updated for Nov. 5, 2007. Quite the week indeed! Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES, and a Genesis IMPORT!!! Yeap. One of the recently rated games by the ESRB for the genesis was in fact added this week...Alien Soldier. For those that don't know, this is another game made by Treasure for the Genesis that didn't see a US release. If you liked Gunstar Heroes (and who doesn't!?), then you should probably check this out. Oh..yeah...and then Power Golf for the TG-16 was released...but ALIEN SOLDIER!!!!

hehe...have a good one...see ya next week!

The United States had a chance to play Alien Soldier back in the day, but it was for the Sega Channel. It a Channel service many people including myself didn't get at the time with it costing $14.95 a month $25.00 Activision fee.

Hopefully there will be Sega Channel only releases in North America that will make it on the vc.

Edited by 8th lutz

I'm okay with waiting for Bubble Bobble... just the fact that it has been rated means it will be on the way sometime soon... and that is just plan awesome!

Today had Mario 3? Hmm.. I never did play this one much (the neighbours rented this game for a month straight when it came out) but maybe now's the time to give it a shot... especially with Mario Galaxy out next week! :)

The "Check Mii Out" channel was released Sunday the 11th, and wasn't listed in this group because of a very simple FACT! It isn't a game, and it isn't a VC released item. When the time comes that we have games coming out on WiiWare, then I'll be sure to either add that to the current VC list as a seperate entry, or create a new thread on WiiWare releases.

Being all technical as you are about this Flojo... I'd swear you just try and get a rise outta me...

Lame...

VC List updated for Nov. 19, 2007. Today is the 1st year anniversary for the Wii! It is very hard for me to believe that it has already been a year since the Wii was released and the first batch of VC games which were also made available for it. Now, a year later we have over 170+ retrogaming titles available. And more are still to come!

This weeks releases are Wrecking Crew for the NES which feature the "Mario Bros." taking a stab at a career change rather than saving the people of mushroom kingdon for once.

In addition we have Sonic 3D Blast for the Genesis. While the Saturn release is superior graphically, I do actually give the nod to the Genesis version for best music overall. The Saturn version has the redbook audio, but the Genesis version sounds more like classic sonic we know and love! I've beaten this game multiple times and it falls into what I call "Reverse difficulty" mode. That is to say that the levels tend to be much more difficult than the bosses you fight at the end. All the bosses work on a set pattern and are easily overtaken if your patient for a bit. The levels start of easy and then get much more difficult later one in the game.

Finally we have Super Air Zonk for the TG16-CD! This marks as our 2nd TG16-CD game released to the VC! I've not played this one....yet. But if it is anything as good as the original Air Zonk, then it basically becomes another must have title for the TG-16 and the VC in general.

Have a happy holiday this week for those that celebrate, and I'll see you all next week.

I found out King of Fighters '94 was released in Europe in this week.

I found out from the NeoGAF forum that King of Fighters'94 takes up 232 blocks. Please take note pn the amount of memory it takes up when this game gets released on the North America vc.

Edited by 8th lutz

Actually..I dont' know about the NeoGeo games..but I was shocked that Gate of Thunder on the VC for the TG16-CD was just over 200 blocks. This may not seem like much, but Sin and punishment was larger at over 250+ blocks, and I believe StarFox is also more than 200 blocks. Point is they were able to make Gate of thunder small enough to fit on a card of N64 size with the compression.

But yes, all in all this means that Nintendo needs to make the USB external HDD software available soon in the next updates!

Point is they were able to make Gate of thunder small enough to fit on a card of N64 size with the compression.

As well they should. The only large data in the Turbo CD games were the easily compressed audio soundtracks. The same is true of many Sega CD, 3DO, Playstation, and Saturn games. Only titles with lots of full-motion-video, like Dragon's Lair, really *require* lots of storage space.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo simply keeps on making us copy files back and forth to SD cards or re-download purchased files. Their spokespeople have said that hard drive storage is less relevant since we have such ready access to the internet.

Perhaps it goes along with their "less is more" strategy with simpler games and controls. I know that having hundreds of ROM files on a hard disk is less compelling to me than a dozen or two favorites prominently displayed in in the Wii Channel list.