IGNORED

-=Virtual Console Game List=-

-^CrossBow^-

VC List updated for Sep. 10, 2007. Two decent titles this week at least I think. Sonic 3, and Neutopia II. I never finished or really got started on the first Neutopia yet, so I guess I better get started on them soon?!

Have a good week all.

I imagine if they do release the sonice and knuckles game to be released...they might do it as a seperate download. Basically, the way they do it in emulation. You would need to have a new version of the game that already included the sonic and knuckles lock on added to it. I don't know that Sega or Nintendo are even interesting in releasing the game "again" with the lock-on part of Sonic and Knuckles added to them also. My suspicion is that we likely won't see the lock-on versions of the games. Just the games themselves seperately.

Japan is supposed to get the Neo-Geo games first. In fact I thought they were supposed to be getting sometime this month now? Anyway, I'm patient and I'm willing to wait for them to put them out when they get around to it.

My suspicion is that we likely won't see the lock-on versions of the games. Just the games themselves seperately.

I don't see why not. They already released it as part of the Sonic Collection for the Gamecube. They could probably just lift the code straight from that.

Tempest

Europe got 2 import games that were Japan only. They got them on Sept. 14th in their time zone.

The games are:

Mario's Super Picross and it is for 900 wii points.

Super Mario Brothers 2: Japan -There is a warning though this version of Super Mario 2 is only able to downloaded till the end of September with it costing 600 wii points.

I got this info from: http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/162/eu-vc-r...-only-games.php .

When Super Mario Brothers 2: Japan gets released in North America, I expect it to be a limited time also. Do not be shocked as a result of the limited time for Super Brothers 2: Japan to downloaded in Europe.

Those 2 games means Battle Load Runner was not a fluke for Japan only games being released other places in the world.

Edited by 8th lutz

That is really good news, hope we get those titles over here eventually. Currently I'm jonesin' for some of the TurboGrafx games, most of the VC game releases I already have on the original hardware. ...throw in some Japan only releases and things start to get interesting.

Nintendo of Europe of announced Ninja Jajamaru-kun and Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Earth will be on the virtual game console in their region.

vc-reviews.com reported it. It is found here: http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/164/septemb...l-in-europe.php .

It is almost official that those 2 games will be released in North America for the vc.

I expect them to be making it to the states sometime soon.

VC List updated for Sep. 17, 2007. Three more games added including, finally, another N64 game. I personally like Yoshi's Story and so did my boys. Though since we have this one for the N64 already...I likely won't be paying the money for it on the VC. Super Thunder Blade on Genesis, is okay, but I was never a Thunder Blade fan to begin with. And then we have World Class Baseball for the TG16...Never played this one but I might give it a try.

Have a good week...

I found out Sin & Punishment costs 1200 points to be downloaded in Europe. If this game is available in North America in the future, it should be the same price.

I found out the price from http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/169/eu-vc-r...sci-fi-week.php .

According to the article, this is the first Japan-only game to be translated with all menus and everything else in the game is in English.

This is a good thing. I think there is now hope that Japan only games like some rpgs or any other game with the Japanese language in screen could be translated into English.

Picked up Sin and Punishment yesterday, it was indeed 1200 points. Awesome (if a little hard to control with a GC pad, better use the Classic pad). Hope US gets it soon. The translation is good. Voice acting is pretty hokey (think Resident Evil 1) and they've left the Japanese subtitles in which I like. No doubt we're suffering a 50hz slowdown but it's not noticeable to me. Game is still superbly fast and slick.

Picked up Sin and Punishment yesterday, it was indeed 1200 points. Awesome (if a little hard to control with a GC pad, better use the Classic pad). Hope US gets it soon. The translation is good. Voice acting is pretty hokey (think Resident Evil 1) and they've left the Japanese subtitles in which I like. No doubt we're suffering a 50hz slowdown but it's not noticeable to me. Game is still superbly fast and slick.

I've played Sin And Punishment on the emulator PJ64. It's quite fun, but it sounds to me that they really didn't do much to it. Of course it really didn't need much to be able to be played in english. The game used english voices and japanese subtitles. I assume the menus have been translated though.

VC List updated for Oct. 1, 2007. We got an excellent week here...Super Mario Bros. The Lost Worlds and Sin and Punishment for the N64 both on the US VC!!! We speculated that these two would come over, but didn't have proof. Now that proof exists... However, Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels is 600 Wii points and Sin and Punishment is 1200 Wii points. More than usual. But given that these were originally not released here (Actually SMB:Lost Worlds was on Super Mario All Stars for the SNES), it shows that maybe even more imports might get english translations and released here! Yes....this is a good week. Enjoy!

I already have Lost Worlds on the Mario Allstars cart (unless this one is different somehow), but SIN AND PUNISHMENT!!!! Finally! Now if they'd only release Alien Soldier I'd be in heaven...

Tempest

the super nes version is easier (you can go back to W1-1 and do the infinite life trick whenever you want, and you can also change between mario and luigi by stopping your game and saving on the SNES)

but these are the types of games that sell me on the virtual console. give me the hard-to-find, expensive, and import-only games at affordable prices

now if nintendo would only release their arcade games on the VC