IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

6 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Couldn't resist this bundle which I just literally picked up. Was a bargain and drive is confirmed working:

s-l1600 (9).jpg

Very nice haul!  Ha, saw a video the other day where a guy had 4x 1050s with happy upgrades... if I actually collected physical stuff, would love to have a similar setup.  As it is I want fujinets on everything!

• Like 1

There's a seller on eBay and etsy called pkrah who sells covers for retro consoles.  I've previously bought his cover for my old Intellivision and really liked it.

I ordered a cover for my Sears Video Arcade II and it fits well, and looks fine I think.

20230403_090521.jpg

20230403_090546.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 11:03 PM, Beeblebrox said:

Been after a mint condition copy of this classic game for a while. Just arrived. Cassette and inlay is in mint condition.

I played this game so much in the 90's. 

image.png.654cfca2c44e65958166896965df2f0e.png

Loved this game as well - first multi screen adventure style game I ever finished. And this was pre-Internet so I actually had to do all the hard work myself!

Si

• Like 1

My latest purchase was The Dragon joystick to use on my 800xl in place of the standard Atari joystick that came with my Atari FlashBack console. All of $26 Canadian. Got it in the mail the other day and have checked it out on a FlashBack console, works well. I have it plugged into 800xl and will give it a try tomorrow.

1240621098_TheDragoncompatibleCommodoreAtariorigboxeBay.thumb.png.1cde4ca56588c26d47aaddffa3079d39.png392724061_VintageCamericaJoystickTheDragon.thumb.png.b6ab3043de07167250181da6bf9a1a37.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, magnusfalkirk said:

My latest purchase was The Dragon joystick to use on my 800xl in place of the standard Atari joystick that came with my Atari FlashBack console. All of $26 Canadian. Got it in the mail the other day and have checked it out on a FlashBack console, works well. I have it plugged into 800xl and will give it a try tomorrow.

Is that a Quickshot clone or does it have some better mechanics? I recall how everyone wanted a Quickshot for the cool looks, paid a month’s allowance to get one but found the handling rather disappointing myself. Nowadays they seem to be in every other lot. 

I love my old Quickshot II joystick which I still have from the 90s. Works just as good today. 

Afaik even with copies of the quickshot joysticks it comes down to whether they come with decent spring microswitches or not. Decent ones are bomb proof. 

Over the last couple of years I've come across some truly awful copies of quickshots. 

My original quickshot II and also zipstik are my go to controllers, alongside my SNACK/SNES controller of course. 😁

Edited by Beeblebrox

16 hours ago, slx said:

Is that a Quickshot clone or does it have some better mechanics? I recall how everyone wanted a Quickshot for the cool looks, paid a month’s allowance to get one but found the handling rather disappointing myself. Nowadays they seem to be in every other lot. 

I have no idea if it's a Quickshot clone or not. I can't find any information anywhere online about it. The closest thing I could find that it looks exactly like is something called the Competition Pro 300X. Tried it with Ace of Aces on the 800xl and it works well.

14 minutes ago, magnusfalkirk said:

I have no idea if it's a Quickshot clone or not. I can't find any information anywhere online about it. The closest thing I could find that it looks exactly like is something called the Competition Pro 300X. Tried it with Ace of Aces on the 800xl and it works well.

There were lots of clones of many of the main brands.

If it works and feels solid and responsive great.

Ultimate test to see how it handles a good gaming session with the likes of shoot em up games like The Last Squadron or Arcade/platformers like Alley Cat,  Flob or Albert and Prince of Persia. :)

Edited by Beeblebrox

6 hours ago, Eric Badger said:

IMG_4847.thumb.jpeg.6d150672502ec3895a7bda0590c7b23a.jpeg

Congrats!

Would be great if you could give a description and post some pictures of the „custom“ support that‘s mentioned in the ad (and if the packaging quality was commensurate with the shipping cost).

I wonder if that’s two 1064s or power bricks or something more elaborate. 

One must give the seller credit for the 1450XLD lookalike idea, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

I thought the two back support units might be 3d printed. 

Bargain though. I paid near £300 including shipping from the states to the UK for my ntsc 1200xl. It was in mint condition. Need to convert it to PAL. 

I used wooden blocks I got off Amazon to do mine.

8 hours ago, Eric Badger said:

IMG_4847.thumb.jpeg.6d150672502ec3895a7bda0590c7b23a.jpeg

Once you get it and get everything working, we expect to see some great things from you. Whether it's programming, game playing/video making, archiving, or whatever. :) You can't spend all that money and have it sit there as life passes you by.

Congrats on your purchase.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, slx said:

I wonder if that’s two 1064s or power bricks or something more elaborate. 

According to the auction, the machine comes with two PSUs.  They'd be my guess for what's hiding back there.

FWIW, 1064s don't come up to the full height of the case, so it's definitely not them.

On 4/26/2023 at 4:31 PM, Simon Carter said:

A complete copy of Insta-Ledger, including dongle and instructions. Have tested the C64 side but Atari will be tested at the weekend. Also have a copy of Ultima IV and Temple of Apshai inbound as well.

image.jpeg

I think this one is not on AtariMania etc. so a dump and schematic of dongles attached as a text file might be cool.

19 hours ago, magnusfalkirk said:

18 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

There were lots of clones of many of the main brands.

If it works and feels solid and responsive great.

Ultimate test to see how it handles a good gaming session with the likes of shoot em up games like The Last Squadron or Arcade/platformers like Alley Cat,  Flob or Albert and Prince of Persia. :)

I found this site while I was looking for a joystick I used to have.  https://www.ataricompendium.com/game_library/controllers/controllers.html

Not complete but lists lots variations of well known and not so well known sticks.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

I thought the two back support units might be 3d printed. 

Bargain though. I paid near £300 including shipping from the states to the UK for my ntsc 1200xl. It was in mint condition. Need to convert it to PAL. 

I converted mine using an all-in-one board (by Dropcheck?) that‘s no longer available but made it very easy. These days I‘d be tempted to install a Sophia with digital output and use it to play games in NTSC and see the colors asJay Miner wanted me to see them ;)

• Like 2