IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

25 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

I took the original ebay link from the other thread, here ya go

Pretty inconclusive. The seller just called it :

Custom LCD Color monitor w/sound

Screenshot_20230429_052355.jpg

Hang on...  That's not an airline seat-back entertainment screen, is it?  The white bezel certainly fits that sort of environment.

As for the rest, it looks semi-handmade.  The speakers are interesting in how they appear to be integrated.  Hmm.  OK, probably not airline hardware, but it certainly has that feel to it, at least in part.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I think this one is not on AtariMania etc. so a dump and schematic of dongles attached as a text file might be cool.

I recently picked up a SIO2PC cable so I'll have a dabble at the software. The dongle on the other hand is way beyond my skillset to work out - don't think there's any way to dismantle it without destroying it. It appears to have been epoxied together.

Si

31 minutes ago, Simon Carter said:

I recently picked up a SIO2PC cable so I'll have a dabble at the software. The dongle on the other hand is way beyond my skillset to work out - don't think there's any way to dismantle it without destroying it. It appears to have been epoxied together.

Si

Try it with RespeQt:

https://forums.atariage.com/forum/184-respeqt-sio2pc-software/

7 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Just tried the Atari side - it works fine, although it appears the dongle is only necessary for the C64 version. Which is kind of lucky, it doesn't fit in an XE, only 400/800/XL, due to the recessed nature of the XE joystick ports. I'll have a go at dumping the disk when I have time.

You can tell a lot more work went into the C64 version, right down to an 8 minute rolling demo of the software in action.

Si

21 minutes ago, Simon Carter said:

Caught these two in the wild, U4 is missing a map, but that's not world ending. Apshai works fine on both Atari/C64, and U4 seems to be working well enough. Well happy to have these in the stable.

20230429_101620.jpg

Two of my favorite games of all time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Simon Carter said:

Finally managed to get hold of a decently priced XEGS. Been looking for one for ages, bit concerned about the lack of a monitor port, but could be time to get hold of some upgrades.

With composite video you should be fine.

6 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Cool. My dad had a 1020 printer plotter bitd. Used to love watching it as a kid. 😁

I need to read up on how to actually address it to plot something (and hope that the pens still work). 

3 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Iirc the pens dry out so maybe not. It's been decades. Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, Mathy said:

IIRC the pens are still available.  They seem to be used in other products too.  (Nope, can't remember where to get them)

I seem to recall that someone was working on a 3D-printed replacement for the cylinder that holds the pens; it was intended to be able to hold something that is currently-available.

Can't remember specifics either, but if I can dig them up I'll add them to the thread.  The pens are the one thing keeping mine from being usable, so this is something that's certainly of interest to me.  Had one of these when they were current and would love to see it working again.

• Like 4

Not Ebay, but from The Brewing Academy I bought:

3 Sophia 2 boards, 1 for the 800.

1 1088XLD I/O ModSystem Option (DIY KIT)

+++Case I/O ModSystem

+++Standard Front & Rear Panel set for I/O ModSystem

From Retro Lemon I bought:

1 VBXE for XE

1 VBXE for XL

2 PBI cables for the AVG Carts

2 Atari 600XL / 800XL Keyboard Membranes

2 10502PC / SIO2PC USB adapters

1 ULTIMATE 1MB for 1088XLD I/O ModSystem

1 14 Meg upgrade for my Falcon 030

Edited by AtariGeezer
  • Like 4