IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

55 minutes ago, deffroe said:

Me too. Really geniune guy also. Bought quite a bit off him of late. Got two more coming at the new slightly reduced price. :)

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

Me too. Really geniune guy also. Bought quite a bit off him of late. Got two more coming at the new slightly reduced price. :)

Agree,  genuine guy.  Think the price reduction and free postage shows it, he could've kept the price the same and made a bit extra.

Phil

34 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Not for USA consumption that vendor, 70+ usdollhairs.....because shipping and exchange not counting fees and cost behind that exhange

Incidentally are you talking about the earlier post for the Ebay UK UGV vendor?  If so the Brewing academy sells the UGV units now in various states of assembly, (from the bare PCB to $35 dollars complete, $40 with the daughter board + shipping): 

https://thebrewingacademy.com/products/ultimate-gated-video-by-mytek-1?_pos=1&_sid=75945cfff&_ss=r&variant=40012521635942

Between the two vendors we are sorted whether in the UK or US. It's such a good board and as I say sourcing UAV for me in the UK isn't worth if for the same reasons you cite. :)

Edited by Beeblebrox

• 2 weeks later...

Bought two Atari 800xl's. First one had a non-working keyboard, which I didn't discover for about a week since I primarily play games on it. Then the second as soon as I discovered the problem with the first. Giving the first one to a friend that has done work on an Atari 400 for me. Also going to have him install a UAV board in the second 800xl, which I got from the Brewing Academy.

Well not an Atari thang as such, and also I bought it last year.... but got me an Ender 3 pro 3D printer. Bought it mainly to print all manner of Atari 8-bit related things with and been meaning to set it up for months! :)

image.png.b2317c36d755fdf3b4306e8c1ea8a616.png

Got is second hand in very good condition. (Usual story - guy bought it for son who used it for a few things then the appeal wore off).

Set it up yesterday where I immediately realised the seller hadn't included the assembly instructions!!  Still, found an amazing unboxing and assembly video so all good.

First thing I printed (in PLA+ filament) - as you do - is a little cat model that came on the Sdcard. Took best part of 5 hours and at the 90% mark the damn thing moved....so incomplete. Still  - the print resolution on it is pretty amazing.

Tried to print an 800 keycap an it failed miserably - so I'll need to look into tweaking it as something is off.

Still - early days. Never used one of these before.

Whilst I am working my day job (at home day today), it's currently busy printing a right angle cart adapter housing.  (On a coffee break so thought I'd quickly upload this) ;)

Failed first ever 3D model print - but showcases very nice hi definition print quality from this machine - so very encouraging:

image.thumb.png.760ddaefed388bd78a6ff421026cf44c.png  image.thumb.png.b1014b57397b2cbd03a1fa982855b09c.png

image.thumb.png.2a018f9650dade9fe6864d9565167c72.png

Current WIP:

image.thumb.png.411c4c170938e6f83ba9c5c2619ebd46.png     image.thumb.png.e1e1c6cb53ed605f8b58157e5db2fcf8.png   image.thumb.png.4b3d0e3cbf7cc670bc3c651b06d792df.png

Car crash of a 3D print! 

image.thumb.png.71811a6f7a5209db803f3431acd4ffd7.png    image.thumb.png.1f1d4e0bdb074e6d50d13048e1039d18.png

Edited by Beeblebrox

16 minutes ago, xrbrevin said:

buildplate adhesion can be a dark art... many variables to practice with but at least the feedback is clear and definitive

the ender3 is a decent rig tho and worth the effort! 🙃

Tell me about it.

(Yeah one of the reasons I went with thje Ender 3 pro is it has great reviews and is a good all rounder/great for beginners like myself).

Unfortunately currently all the Atari parts I've attempted resemble Shredded wheat for the most part!

allplants | Is Shredded Wheat Cereal Vegan?

FYI I've converted STL files to Gcode formats for the likes of the Right angle cart adapter, the Sophia 2 DVD connector (PBI) adapter and the atari 800 keycap.

All resemble the above in their structure and a lot start off not adhering to the bed, or do but then go the way of shredded wheat. I've checked the bed is level, cleaned it with Isopropyl alcohol, etc etc. Even reset the failsafe setting.

(See this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAY6z4IB1U0

So I guess I am missing something.

Weird how the first cat print make up was solid in it's structure but the latest ones are breakfast cereal?!! 

Anyways, I've hijacked this thread enough.

Edited by Beeblebrox

5 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

Untested 600XL, I will clean it up, hopefully get it working, then upgrade to 64K and do the Supervideo mod.

Cool. Always like ugrading 600XL's. So presumably an NTSC model? Will you be adding a din5 monitor jack as part of the upgrade?  With my PAL 600XL's, where obviously the monitor jack is present, all I need to do video wise is hook up chroma and remove c109. On an svideo cable the image quality is fantastic then. 600XL's video output is always one of the best. (Found that consistently with all PAL 600XL's I've upgraded. Lovely little A8's. 😘

Edited by Beeblebrox

6 hours ago, SlagOMatic said:

I bought a 1030 modem on eBay for absolutely no reason other than nostalgia (it was the first modem I ever owned, and I sold mine decades ago) and because I wanted all of the XL-designed peripherals.

I wonder how many phone calls my family missed due to my adolescent self tying up the line with my 1030.. I miss the days of BBSes and warez!

1 hour ago, adam242 said:

I wonder how many phone calls my family missed due to my adolescent self tying up the line with my 1030.. I miss the days of BBSes and warez!

Why do you have to miss it?  Download SyncTerm on your PC and keep calling them.

http://www.sfhqbbs.org/ataribbslist.php

We're not dead.... are you?

I got an untested 600XL from Ebay.The unit was in bad condition with stuck keys and not booting. After some cleaning, removing the rusty shielding and repairing the keyboard the only broken part was a partly defective Pokey. I swapped it with the second Pokey on my TKII-Stereo board and now the machine is working properly again. The Pokey interestingly works without problems on the Stereo board, all 4 channels sounding nice.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Stock 600XL's output is great. Hook up chroma to use svideo and remove c109 and it's fantastic. Interesting to see your rf output is impressive too. 

The stock NTSC 600XL doesn't have a monitor port, only RF output.

• 3 weeks later...

Small world. I am sure a lot of you, especially in the UK, remember Micro Discount and it's founder/owner Derek Fern. I used to buy a lot from MicroDiscount in the 90s and often chatted to Derek on the stalls at the Staffordshire based Computer fair. Still have a good few titles I bought from him.

Anyways, I recently acquired a 1050 drive in a bundle and opened it up to clean the head, where I found this etched on the metal plate:

image.thumb.png.272488d883adba753da9a2ca6743287d.png

• Like 8